Status: foREVer

Scream

Home

I looked down in my lap as we raced back to Aunt Cathy’s.

“I’m so sorry that’s what happened,” She sighed.

“I know we were hoping he could take you but…” she trailed off with another sigh.

“You know what, we’ll be alright. I’ll take extra shifts at the hospital until I can get another job on the side.” I looked up and frowned at her.

She didn’t notice because she was focusing on the road. I had been such a burden to her and I felt so bad.

We had contacted my father and his family in hopes that they could take me because with 3 kids and no husband, Cathy was stretched too thin and didn’t have enough money to care for me.

I wish I could get a job but who would hire a mute 16 year old?

Mute. I wasn’t even mute; don’t mutes go their whole lives without speaking? I had just started. I wish I could talk…

The doctors say there’s something in my brain telling me not to talk due to the traumatizing effect of seeing my mother’s death, if they only knew…

We pulled up to Aunt Cathy’s home and I jumped out while taking my bags with me. I walked through the front door and all my cousins sat in the living room watching some cartoon Carey forced onto them.

I smiled at the sight, I had always wanted brother and sisters but my mom never had the chance… Carey, Chris, and Samantha were the closest I had. They looked up at me and smiled, I returned it just as wide.

Carey was the first to rush over and pull me into a bone crushing hug. She may be small but her energy counts as strength, then Samantha who was a little taller even though she was 14 hugged me, and Chris was last, his 17 year old body nearly squeezed me to death.

“Umph,” was the only grunt I gave to signal that he was hugging too hard.

“Sorry,” he chuckled giving me a toothy grin.

“So you’re staying?” Carey asked excitedly.

Was I? BY the looks of it, yeah. I smiled and nodded causing the room to cheer and me to giggle.

Aunt Cathy walked in and smiled at us.

“So you guys figured out she’s staying?” they all nodded at her.

“What happened?” Chris asked and I looked down sadly.

“I’ll tell you guys later,” Aunt Cathy sighed and I felt tears threaten to spill over.

I took a deep breath to try and loosen the tightening in my chest and raced upstairs, bags in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short filler but if I can get some comments I'll update again... then next is another fave anyway and can't wait for you guys to read.

If you don't comment then I'll just update tomorrow.
Comment & Subscribe.
4 stars whoo!
-Neche