Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

Blackberry

I sighed when I read the messages. I made the decision to talk to Brendan first because he's my boyfriend. 
I dialed his number slowly, knowing that whatever he had to say probably wasn't what I wanted to hear. 

"Hello?" he answered airily. 

"Hey babe." I said happily. I only realized how much I've missed him when I heard his familiar voice.

"Lacey. Oh." he replied as if he was expecting a call from someone else. 

"Well...I thought you wanted to talk to me..." 

"No, I do. I just thought you were Alexz." 

"Who's he?"

"She. Alexz is a she."

"Who the fuck is Alexz?!" I asked, feeling a little jealous. I heard him chuckle a little. 

"Alexz is my baby cousin. I just got off the phone with her, I thought it was her calling back." he explained. I smiled at my stupidity. 

"Oh...sorry." I apologized. 

"Nah, it's okay. It just shows me that you care."

"I really do." I told him truthfully. 

"Lacey, I love you." he told me out of the blue. What?! Love?! I never said anything about love!! I never even thought anything about love!!!

"What was it that you needed to talk to me about?" I asked, ignoring his confession. 

"You know what? Just forget it." he replied before the line went dead. He hung up on me. Shit! He's pissed. I sighed to myself before I dialed Matt's number. 

"Hello?" Matt answered. You could hear the confidence in his voice and this made me roll my eyes. 

"Matt, what is it?" I asked, wanting to get this over with. 

"Lacey, don't be like that. I just wanted to apologize." he said, seeming sincere. 

"For what?" I asked, being a smart ass and trying to get him to say the words. 

"Lacey..." he sighed, "I'm sorry for kissing you. It should have never happened."

"I agree." I told him. I waited for him to continue.  

"But we really need you back tomorrow. Lyric will be here and Val and I plan to spend the day together...then possibly end this dry spell." he finished with a chuckle. This completely disgusted me and made me even angrier. 

"Okay, so let me get this straight. You want me to babysit tomorrow so you can save your own ass from Misses Queen V." 

"Well, I mean, that is what we hired you for. It's not like you and I are friends." Okay, now I'm livid. 

"Fuck you, Sanders. You can save your own ass." I spat back before hanging up on him. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but tell me what you think.
Do you think Lacey is in the wrong? Do you think Matt's being an ass to her on purpose? Or do you think she did the right thing?