Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

Puppy

It was the longest trip ever back home. I had a whole lot to think about one the way. I thought about what happened between Matt and I. He kissed me, and I had kissed back. Maybe Matt is right, that does count for something. But it doesn't matter, there's no way that I'm tearing his whole family apart just because I'm attracted to him. I'm no home wrecker and I certainly don't plan to be.

Amber gave me a knowing look when she saw me enter the kitchen.

“Fired again...or did you quit this time?” She asked me when she saw my upset face. I was more upset about anything than normal, but she didn't pick up on it.

“I'm not exactly sure...I sorta just...left.” I told her with a shrug. I didn't want her to see how upset I was.

“Then fired. They will definitely fire you if you left their kid home and left.” she said with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes at her. I might be a little irresponsible, but she, of all people, should know that I would never leave a child.

“I only saw the fuckin' kid once. I don't even know why they hired me. The kid has been staying at his aunt's house.” I told her truthfully. I wasn't even sure if they planned to pay me for the two days of work, but if they don't start me with this kid soon, they're going to realize that they don't need me and just fire me anyway.

“Oh.” she said flatly. I grabbed a pop tart off of the pantry and sat down beside of her.

“Anything interesting happen while you were with Matt?” she asked me, raising her eyebrows suggestively.

“Well....” I really wasn't sure if I wanted to share these things with her, but I decided that I would. After all, she's my best friend and it's not like she's going to tell anyone else. She moved a little closer to me, as if anticipating my answer.

“Well, Matt came by my hotel room and stayed the night with me.” I started at the beginning. She gasped at my words.

“LACEY! YOU JUST MET HIM, YOU WHORE!” she gushed, smiling widely at me. I rolled my eyes at her again. Always jumping to conclusions.

“Calm your tits. We didn't fuck or anything.” I told her truthfully. She looked at me as if she wasn't sure whether to believe me or not.

“Then why did he come to your hotel room?” she asked me, giving me a skeptical look.

“We got drunk and talked and passed out. He was just trying to get to know me a little since I'm going to be watching his kid a lot.” I explained. She nodded and looked back down at her book.

“But that's not all...” I said, somewhat cheerfully. I'd be lying to you if I said that I didn't enjoy Matt's kiss and like the fact that he's into me. I do, it's just....it can't go any farther than that. Amber just looked at me, waiting for me to continue.

“Matt kissed me.” I confessed, feeling myself blush a bit.

“WHAT? NO WAY!” She said excitedly, shaking her head a bit.

“I wouldn't lie about it.”

“HOW AND WHEN?!?!” she asked me. She obviously wanted every single detail down to my clothes.

“Well, we were in a pool and Val had just left....it's so fucking wrong, Amb.” I told her, shaking my head in disbelief at the whole thing.

“It's wrong, but he's hot and totally rich.” She told me with a smirk.

“He might be hot and totally rich, but he's married and totally a dad...well...it's not his kid....”

“WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT HIS KID?” I swear, the girl is more excited about this than I am.

“Well, he made a comment that Lyric isn't even his...I don't know any details...yet...I'm not sure I want to even keep working there.” I said, taking a large bite of my pop tart. It was cinnamon, my favorite.

“You have to keep working there. You have to figure this out...if it's anything scandalous, you can take it to the press and make some big bucks!” she told me.

“That is a great idea, but you know, I'm not that destructive.” I told her with a chuckle. She just nodded, seeming to be disapointed.

“'I think Matt's just confused right now. I mean, he's been with that chick forever and he really loves her. He just sees me as a piece of meat and I'm really not willing to be his fuck buddy right now. Besides, I'm with Brendan, you know that.” I told her, pulling my cell out of my pocket.

“Yeah, you're right.” She agreed with me. I typed the word 'hey' into my message box and sent it to Brendan. I wonder what he's up to. I excused myself (told Amber that I'm fuckin' going for a walk) from the table and went outside the large building. I walked down the street a while until I heard my cell phone make a 'ding' noise. I knew that it was a text and it was most likely from Brendan. Something caught my eye and I decided to momentarily ignore the text.

What caught my eye was the cutest, most cuddly thing I'd ever seen. It was a brown and white bulldog in a box. I just couldn't resist. I HAD to. I quickly ran over to the black, bearded man, almost afraid that someone else would get to the puppy before me.

“What can I do you for?” he asked me in a deep voice. I smiled sweetly at the man, and then looked down at the puppy.

“Can I buy him?” I asked, looking the man in the eye.

“I tell you what, if you think that you can feed him good, give him a good place to sleep and give him all of the love and affection he needs, then you can have him.” The man told me in the most friendly voice.
“Oh my gosh, yes. I can take really good care of him.” I said, picking the puppy up out of the box and cuddling him to my chest.

“What do you plan to name him?” The man asked me as I cooed at the puppy.

“Uh, I dunno. I need to figure out his personality first.” I told him, holding the puppy slightly away from me so that I could see his cute little puppy-dog face.

“Good idea.”

“I have to go now, Thank you mister...” I realized that I didn't know his name.

“Just call me Hollywood.” he said with a large smile. Most of his teeth were made out of gold. I couldn't figure the man out, I could tell that he was homeless by just looking at him, but he didn't want any money for the dog.

“Thank you, Hollywood.” I told him as I walked away with the puppy in my arms. I went straight back to my apartment. Amber wasn't anywhere to be found when I came back in, so I gave some of her cat food to the puppy. He acted like he hadn't eaten in days.

Amber's mouth fell agape when she entered the kitchen where the puppy ate.

“LACEY! WHAT DID YOU DO?! MITTENS WILL HATE THIS!” She yelled at me.

“Amber, I don't give a shit about your fuckin' cat, okay? You have an animal, and now I have one.” She rolled her eyes at me and walked away.

“What should I name you?” I asked the dog, petting his back. I then let the puppy explore while I stood against the counter and took out my cellphone. I had 2 texts. One was from Matt and one was from Brendan.

I seriously need to talk to you. Read Matt's text.

There's something important I need to talk to you about ASAP. Brendan's text said.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is all I had time to write right now. I promise that I'll update tomorrow and it will be a really good one. This was more of a filler chapter.