Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

Blush

"What the hell?" I said as I opened the door. There were two officers there. One had black hair and was really short, one had brown hair and was really tall. 

"Are you Lacey Quince'?" the black headed officer asked me. 

"I am." I said, letting my eyes flicker over to Matt who was standing there with his arms crossed. His expression was a cross somewhere between amused and disappointed. I looked over at Johnny who was standing there drinking a beer. 

I felt a little scared when the brown headed officer started reading me my rights. I had never been in jail before and I never suspected that I would be. I knew exactly what I was going to the can for, so I didn't ask. I was embarrassed to let Matt know, because I'll admit that it was a little childish. Maybe they were arresting me for animal cruelty. I don't think they can, though, because I didn't even kill the cat. 

"Nothing to worry about, huh?" Matt mocked me as the cops walked me past him. I just gave him a sad look before we went out the door. 

~Matt's POV~

"Dude, what the hell did she do to get arrested?!" I yelled to Johnny. He just shrugged and sat down on the couch. 

"Maybe she stole from you and Val found out about it." he replied. 

"Nah, there's no way. She wouldn't do that...I think that it has something to do with that chick she used to live with." I told him, going into the kitchen to grab a beer. I took the cold beer out of the fridge and plucked it open. Before I could even open it, my cell phone started ringing. I pulled it out of the pocket and gazed at the called I.D. It was Val. 

"Hey Babe." I answered cheerfully. 

"Hey, where are you?" she asked me. 

"I am sitting at J- I'm at the gym." I lied to her. I didn't want her to know that I was anywhere near Lacey. 

"Why are you at the gym? You have one here." she asked, the sound of confusion on her voice. 

"Ah, my gym is a little out dated. I'll come here until I get around to buying a new set." I told her. My gym really was out dated, but I hadn't really planned to buy a new one. I'll have to now... But I'll wait a while so I can get out of the house to go to the gym and she won't question it. 

"Oh, okay. But, the police showed up here earlier looking for Lacey. I told them that she was at Johnny's. Should I have told them?" she asked me. 

"Yeah, I don't see why not." I told her with a shrug. It's not like she'd want to hide out or anything. 

"Okay, I'm a little concerned, though. Everyone knows that the cops were looking for my babysitter. That makes me look bad! What if she's a serial killer?!" Val said in a voice that made me chuckle. Lacey, a serial killer?! Yeah right!

"Honey, trust me, that broad ain't no killer!" I told her with amusement evident on my voice.  

"If you say so. But, babe, try to be home soon. I'm making dinner for us today." she told me sweetly. This made me smile, she hasn't done anything this nice since before Lyric was born. But, Ew. She can't cook worth shit. I'll eat it anyway just to show her that I appreciate it. 

"I'll be there."

"Bye. Love you."

"Love you, too. Bye." I replied before hanging up the phone.  

"So what is Lacey going to do? I know she doesn't have the money to bail herself out. I guess I'll have to." Johnny said, staggering into the kitchen. 

"Naw, dude. You just sleep in tomorrow. I'll go bail her out in the morning. She'll probably call you for her one phone call. Just tell her that it's all being taken care of." I told him, before walking towards the door. 

"Val is cooking dinner. I gotta go. See ya later, dude." I told him as I walked out the door. 

"Yummy! Food." I heard him say as I shut the door. 

~Lacey's POV~

I opened my eyes slowly that next morning to see a burly man unlocking my cell door. Thank God someone bailed me out! I thought Johnny was just bullshitting me when be told me that it was all taken care of. I slowly pushed my holy blanket off of me and stood up. I felt really gross because you'll never know how many gross manly women have slept in that bed. 

"You're released on bail. Your court date is set for the 23rd of next month." the man informed me before handing me some of my belongings and led me to the lobby. Matt stood there with his arms crossed. He had his sunglasses and hat on as well. He was wearing the same hat that I had complimented a couple of days ago. Which reminds me that I have his skull hat in my room still. 

"Hey." I said, with a blush forming on my face. It's just embarrassing to have someone bail you out of jail like this. 

"Don't look at me like that." he said in an aggravated tone. 

"Like what?" I asked. I wasn't looking at him in any certain way. 

"That blushing shit kills me." he said, looking away from me. 

"Thanks for bailing me out." I told him with a sweet smile, but still he won't even look me in the eyes. 

"Let's not talk about this until later, or no, you know what? Lets not talk about this until after your court date. When you get sued and I have to pay it for you." he said angrily to me. My cheeks were now burning and I felt like I was going to cry. 

"Matt, I-" he cut me off. 

"Let's just go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = <3. & remember, don't be afraid to voice your opinion.