Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

Rejected, Arrested, Molested, Wreckaged...Wow

“Val, look at this big fucking bruise on her forehead!” Matt told her, immediately moving farther away from me. Val seemed skeptical about this for a second as she stared at us. But then she sighed (as if to let go of her anger) and moved closer to us. Nice save, Matt. Nice save.
 
“Shit. That looks painful. Are you okay, Lacey?” she asked in the sweetest tone ever. Truth be told, she was a totally likeable person, but I can’t like her. I just can’t. That will make the [strike] relationship [/strike] whatever the fuck we have WAY harder. I don’t know, I haven’t really made a choice yet.  But then I look at Matt and my answer is undeniably yes.
 
“I’m fine. A little headache, though.” I told her, returning her smile.
 
“Well, don’t you worry! We can easily cover that bruise up with make-up.” She told me, sitting down in a chair beside of me.
 
“Awesome. I’ve been having so much bad luck lately. I’m starting to get tired of it.” I said with a sigh.
 
“I know what you mean.” Matt mumbled from the other side of me.

“What was that Matt, sweetheart?” she asked in a voice that even had me annoyed.
 
“Oh, nothing. I mean, haven’t you noticed how much bad luck she has been having?” Matt asked her.
 
“Rejected, arrested, molested, wreckaged…wow.” Val said, looking a little amused.
 
“Yeah…wreckaged doesn’t really fit…and it isn’t really a word, but…yeah…” I mumbled on.
 
“Well, it doesn’t really matter as long as she doesn’t rub any of her bad luck off on me … or you.” She said with another amused look.
 
“Val!” Matt said, as if trying to make her be more polite.
 
“Well, it’s true. You know, I am very superstitious.”
 
“Well, I’m not.” I said, looking away from her.
 
“Lacey, sugar, don’t get all offended over there! I was only kidding!” Val said fakely. I could tell that she was faking it.
 
“You guys are funny. I’m gonna go find the three of us something to eat.” Matt announced, walking towards the door. I dreaded the moment that Matt was out of our sight, because I sort of knew what was coming. I looked back over at Val and she crossed her arms and let out a sigh. I knew that this was business.
 
“I know what you’re up to.” She stated, looking me in the eyes.
 
“Oh yeah? What am I up to, then?” I asked her. I had already taken offense.
 
“You’re after my honey. Believe me sweetie, it isn’t going to work. Tons have girls have tried the same thing that you are trying now and in the end, Matt always chooses me. “ she said smugly. I chucked at her words. She was so cocky.
 
“Really? You think I want Matt? What makes you think that?”
 
“Don’t even worry about it. All I know is if I catch your lips that close to Matt EVER again, then I’ll fire you.” She said with a cocky smirk. I had to roll my eyes.
 
“So, you’re threatening me?” I asked, looking away.
 
“No, sweetheart, I’m promising you…and learn to stop asking so many questions, Matt doesn’t like that.” She told me before getting up and walking out of the room. I didn’t even know what to say, I was just stunned by her words.