Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

Are You Sure?

Today is the day. Two things happen today, two awesome things. The first thing that happens is me getting out of this goddamn hospital. Number two is me getting to spend the whole day with Matt while Val is away on a business trip to Thailand. The down side of this is the fact that I'm on full babysitting duty, which I really don't mind, considering Lyric is such a great kid. 

I think the reason that Val threatened me yesterday is because she knew that Matt and I would be pretty much completely alone together today. It gives us a good chance for anything we want to do because we know that Val won't walk in the door any minute. I've decided to take full advantage of this situation if I possibly can. I am also making Val's little threat a personal challenge to myself. I'll never tell Matt about it. 

Another thing that I've been questioning is Matt's intentions with me. It's a bad sign that he's married and hasn't shown any signs that he wants to leave Val. I'm also going to be testing Matt a lot because I don't want to be a 'fast fuck', 'easy lay', or just the 'other woman'. I'd like to think that I'm special to him, but I can't know for sure right now. He has to prove it to me before we do anything further than kissing. I'm going to try his patience, mostly. If he genuinely likes me, then he'll be patient with me and he won't pressure me in any way. Seem logical to you? I hope so. I really like Matt and I hope that he feels the same way about me. 

"Whaddaya say we ditch this institute and hit the road?!" Matt said happily, jumping in front of me and scaring the shit out of me.  

"Geeez! You scared the shit out of me!" I told him as I tried to catch my breath. He moved closer and gently took my hand. 

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare the shit outta ya. But do you want to hang out...with me...have some fun?" he asked me, seeming overly happy and just a tad nervous. I smiled at his cuteness and he smiled widely back, revealing his dimples. I wanted to kiss him already, but now isn't the time. 

"Of course I want to hang out with you...but I thought I had to babysit..." I said, feeling a little confused. 

"Well you do...but not until later. Lyric is with Zacky." he told me, pulling me to stand. I smiled and nodded. 

"But I look like shit." I said, looking down. 

"Nah, remember? I scared the shit out of you already." he joked with a cheesy grin. I chuckled at his joke. 

"Seriously, I don't have any make up on right now. This bruise isn't even covered..." I said, feeling more self conscious than ever. 

"This is going to sound cheesier than hell, but you're beautiful to me. You don't need make up. You never have to try with me." his words made me smile. 

"You're sweet." I complimented him. 

"Only to you. You're special." he told me with a smirk. Don't flatter yourself, Lacey. He's lying. Most guys will do anything for a little pussy. I wonder how many times he's used that one. 

"Where exactly do you plan on taking me?" I asked as we walked out the door. It was a windy and cool day. Just the way I like it. 

"You'll see. Don't worry, though. It'll just be me and you."

"I like the sound of that." I told him in my best flirtatious voice. 

"Me too." he flirted back. I playfully shoved him as we approached his car. We shared a smile as we entered the car. 

Would you believe that I fell asleep before Matt and I even reached our destination? Well, believe it, because I did. I didn't get enough sleep last night because that damn nurse kept waking me up. 

"Lacey, wake up. We're here, sweetie." I heard Matt's beautiful voice as I opened my eyes. He reached around me and unsnapped my seatbelt. I stretched my arms out and wrapped them around Matt, pulling him into a hug. I yawned and buried my face into the crook of Matt's neck.

"You're cute when you're sleepy. But C'mon, let's get out. I want you to see this." he told me, wrapping his arms around me and lifting me out of the car. I just relaxed and closed my eyes, holding on to Matt. I felt him shift me so that he was holding me bridal style, but I still didn't open my eyes because I just knew that he wouldn't drop me. 

"Open your eyes." he whispered airily in my ear. I slowly opened my eyes to take in the breath taking view. There were mountains in front of us and the sky was the most beautiful blue I'd ever seen. There were also flowers everywhere. 

"What do you think?" he asked quietly. I love his quiet voice, it's just so calming. 

"Wow." was the only word I could manage as I looked around. He seemed happy with my answer, but then he got distracted by an eagle flying above us. 

"That's me." I thought aloud. 

"Huh?" he was visibly confused. 

"That's how I feel right now. Free and happy, just like that eagle." I explained, letting out a content sigh and momentarily closing my eyes. I could feel his eyes on me. 

"Can I kiss you?" he whispered. I opened my eyes and looked at him as I licked my lips. I moved my mouth closer to his. I studied his expression carefully. He seemed at ease and a little mesmerized. By what? I don't know. 

"Yes, please." I answered him. He pressed his lips to mine and kissed me gently. The kiss didn't seem nearly long enough when he pulled away. 

"You're tired. Let's lay down and rest." he told me, letting me on my feet and taking my hand. I didn't argue as I followed his lead. We lied down in a field of daisies. I lied my head on his arm and closed my eyes. 

"Lacey?"

"Yeah?"

"What did you dream about?" 

"Why?" 

"You said my name in your sleep." he told me. I felt the heat rise up to my face. 

"Did I?" I felt super embarrassed. 

"Yeah... You're blushing, too. Did you dream about me, Lace?"

"You'll never know." I told him, closing my eyes again. I let my hand wander to some flowers beside of me and I played with them mindlessly as we relaxed. 

 "So, why'd you bring me here, Matty?" I asked him. 

"I thought you'd like to spend a little time away from the city, away from florescent lights, smog, and white walls..."

"You're right. It's a little crazy out there."

"Trust me, I know." 

"Why'd you choose me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Out of every beautiful girl, you brought me here today. Why?" I asked, finally looking up at him. His eyes were amazing. 

"Because you're my friend. I know you're not after my money." he told me. I just wasn't buying it. These things were true, but I knew that that wasn't all he wanted to say. I became a bit annoyed. I sat up, pulling slightly away from him. He sat up beside of me. 

"Matt, are you sure you just don't want to get in my pants? Because if you do, we don't need to waste our time doing things like this." I tried, making it seem like I wanted it, too. 

"Of course I do. What man in his right mind wouldn't?" he told me, confirming my theory. I slowly shook my head and abruptly stood up, walking quickly away from him. He roughly grabbed my arm, pulling me to face him. This was in the same exact place of my already formed bruise and it hurt like hell. I didn't tell him that, though. 

"What?!" I yelled, feeling even angrier. 

"You're not fucking leaving like this!" he barked, tightening his hold on me as I struggled in his grasp. 

"Fuck you, Matt. I wish I would've never even came with you!" I yelled at him. I could see that this made him even angrier. I knew this for sure when he raised his hand and roughly slapped me in the face. I yelped in surprise and moved my hand to my face. It stung like hell and I could feel tears falling down my face. For the first time, I was afraid of Matt. I couldn't even stop myself from shaking. I looked up at Matt, silently pleading him not to hit me again with my eyes. Then, I saw his eyes soften and I could see regret in his expression, but it's too late for that. He finally let go and I slowly backed away from him. 

"Lacey, I didn't mean-" I held my hand up to stifle his words. 

"Just take me back. I have to babysit. It's my job." I told him harshly. He sighed before shaking his head and we both got in his car.  I was right. I can never trust Matt. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I stayed up all night and didn't sleep. If it's shit, just let me know.