Status: IN PROGRESS

The Hunt Begins

Handcuffs and Death Threats

I flinched as Alisha’s arm came swinging down dangerously close to my hand. Her knife stuck into the mattress just to the left of my right hand. I stared at it as she leaned closer. “You’re lucky the master wants you alive.” She whispered menacingly into my ear.

She turned around and stormed out of the room. Once she was out I relaxed a little. What did she mean, The master? Who the fuck… I’d forgotten that that Bobby guy was in here. I jumped when he moved and looked at him. I summoned up some courage to speak, “Do you want to kill me too?” I took the ‘I don’t give a shit’ stance, hoping that would deter whatever the hell he was thinking.

He raised his eyebrows at me, “Now, why’d you ask a dumb question like that?” My brow furrowed. He didn’t want to kill me,

“Well I wa…”

“Of course I wanna kill you, you’re an abomination that’s killed who knows how many innocent people. I still don’t understand why Sam doesn’t want us to kill you yet. YET.” He made sure to imply that my life was definitely still in danger. I slumped a little.

After a while of awkward silence, he spoke to me again. “How many people have you killed? Might as well bask in the glory and not deny it since you’re dying either way.” He mumbled, pulling out a knife and started cleaning it.

I gulped. My eyes started stinging, I reached up and there were tears. Bobby looked up at me and rolled his eyes. “You can stop with your dumb little parlor tricks. They ain’t working. I’ve seen other supernatural shit do way better.” He went back to cleaning his knife.

“None.” I whispered. He ignored me. “None.” I said louder. Still nothing, just the sound of the wind outside the window. I was sick of this feeling. I just wanted it to go away. Maybe if I lied and said thousands of people, he’d kill me right now and not make me think about how painful they’re going to make it later… “Ok! Thousands, maybe millions!” Was I mad?!?! “And I loved every last bit of it now please! Just kill me already!” Yep, I definitely fell off my rocker…

He stood up and walked over to me, knife in hand. Finally. I thought to myself. This was all going to be over. I closed my eyes. But the knife didn’t come. I opened my eyes, searching for where Bobby was and he was gone. Just like that. I thought back to what I’d just done. Tears flowed freely from my eyes now. What was going to happen to me now? I laid back on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

I was standing in a kitchen somewhere, I’d never seen this place before though. I knew that for a fact. I walked into a different room just as I saw two people talking in the doorway. I backed off and hid. Who were they? It was night and it was too dark to see. They were talking in hushed tones then they both walked out of the house. I started walking to the door after a little while, when I thought it was safe.

Suddenly the door opened and I dived back into the kitchen. The person walked past the door of the kitchen and I saw it was a guy. I decided to follow him, mainly because I was starting to feel like something was coming… something that I would need to stay safe from.

I reached halfway up the stairs when I heard Sam’s voice. He was calling for someone. Sam? I ran up the stairs just as I saw fire burst out of a doorway. I ran to the door to help…


I was screaming at the top of my lungs and I whipped my head around the room. Nothing. Just a damn nightmare. But Sam was there too. And he was breathing hard like he’d just went for a 10 mile run.

He looked over at me with no expressions on his face.

“Did you have a nightmare too?” I asked him. He just looked at me a little longer then laid back down, looking away from my bed. I could tell he wasn’t sleeping though. “Sam?” I asked. Now that I was awake, I was really uncomfortable. It sucked being stuck only being able to sit on your butt and lay on your back. He didn’t answer. “Sam? Please, I need these damn handcuffs off so I can rearrange my position.” He got up, made sure to make a big deal out of grabbing his knife out from under his pillow and walked over to me.

He grabbed the keys and unlocked the first handcuffs. I immediately bent my knee and massaged my ankle. He then unlocked the other one too. I gave him a questioning look because I didn’t expect him to release both of my ankles. “Don’t worry, you’re not staying free. He took one of the pairs of handcuffs and hooked them to the other pair. He grabbed my left ankle and hooked the handcuffs to it. So I was attached to handcuffs that were attached to handcuffs that were attached to a bed… wow, my life was so fucked up at the moment.

“Thank you Sam.” I said as he walked back to his bad. He laid back down and that was that. I laid there in my bed, thinking about the nightmare I had with Sam in it. Was it just a weird nightmare or was it something that had happened in the past?

I looked over at Sam who was fast asleep, then it hit me. Where was Bobby? He slept in here last night, why wasn’t he here tonight too? I shrugged. Oh well. The less, the better. Just then I saw the keys to the handcuffs on Sam’s belt loop. I looked down at my foot, then back at the keys. I reached and reached. Sam rolled a little in his sleep which put the keys just barely in my reach. I pulled against the handcuffs even harder and felt them bite into my skin. I cringed, but my hands were on the keys, no way was I letting go.

I carefully pushed on the clip to open it and slipped it off Sam’s belt loop. I let out a sigh of relief when I sat back onto my bed and he was still asleep. I undid the handcuffs and I was bleeding. I rolled my eyes. Of course. Now, I just needed to get out of here. I stood up from my bed and tiptoed to the door. Suddenly, Sam moved in his sleep again and I froze, looking back at him, readying an excuse. I didn’t need one. He was still asleep but now I could see his face. And all the burns that covered it.

Suddenly an image of Michael popped into my head. I couldn’t stop myself from crying. I pushed him away, he was scared of me… I’m the reason he’s dead… I didn’t wish that on Sam. What I hadn’t told everyone was that the same thing that happened to Sam, happened to Michael. I’d burned him like I burned Sam, and he was supposed to heal without complications but then one day, he just died. I hadn’t told anyone that not only were they burned, but they were poisoned from the flames. The toxin was eating at Sam at this very moment. I didn’t know how to heal him, but I didn’t just want to leave him.

I walked up to his bed and sat down next to him really slowly so as not to wake him. Then, as if my hand was moving on its own accord, I touched his hand real gently with mine and held it there. I looked around the room, for anything to do. I wasn’t just going to leave him here to die. I had to come out and tell them all. I guess I wasn’t going to get out of here. Finding Alisha like the note had said just got me in an even worse predicament. I looked at the cheap clock hanging on the wall of the motel. 5:30 am already? Geez.

I refused to look at Sam and all his burns again so I stood up from his bed and sat on mine. Looking away from him. I got to thinking about Alisha and the whole episode from the night before. How could she treat me like something that wasn’t right when she was the witch all along?

I sat there for what seemed like days, staring at the floor. I looked up at the clock again. 7am. I’ll go get breakfast or something I thought to myself. Just as I reached the door and reached out for the handle something grabbed me from behind, covering my mouth while holding my waist. I rolled my eyes after the initial scare was over. This was all too familiar for me to forget. I just stood there. I didn’t even try to fight. He dragged me back over to the bed and sat me down on it quite forcefully.

I was trying to be nice and here he was, throwing me down on things. “Ugh, if this is always how it is with you, I don’t know if I could ever marry you.” I said sarcastically. He didn’t smile. Damn.

He grabbed the keys off my bedside table and looked at the handcuffs then back at me. “How did you get these?” I didn’t answer. I was too dumbfounded. Had I done it? Was he really healed? Or was I having a weird ass dream? Again. “How. Did. You. Get. These?” He repeated, pronouncing each word with emphasis.

I lifted my hand to touch his cheek but before I could see if it was really his skin he swatted my hand away. “I did it.” I whispered. He shook the keys. “You’re healed.” And with that he stood up straight and looked at me. He looked towards the door where there was a full body mirror hanging and dropped the keys. “I healed you!” I yelled as I jumped up, but just like that he was pushing me back down again.

“How?” he asked me.

“Wow, thanks for the gratitude.” I rolled my eyes. I heard him give an annoyed sigh.

“Sorry, thank you, but how?” He asked again.

“I don’t know. It just happened. I don’t know how to work these things.” I couldn’t believe that I could actually do cool stuff like heal people. If I had only known for Michael though, I could have saved him.

After that Sam hooked me back onto the damn handcuffs. “Come on, really?” I complained. “You obviously see that I wasn’t going to run away!”

“Just because you couldn’t doesn’t mean you wouldn’t.”

I really didn’t like the cold tone he kept using with me. “What do you mean? I was able to! I got out of the handcuffs!”

“Yes, but…” He walked over to the door. Locked. And after he unlocked it, there was Bobby and as soon as the door was open, Bobby was up with a knife in his hand.

“So that’s where he was. Huh.” I shrugged and looked at Sam. “I didn’t know the door was locked, and I definitely didn’t know Bobby was sleeping outside the room like a God-awful creeper would either.” I protested.

I don’t think either of them were listening because they were talking about Sam’s new healed state. I rolled my eyes and flopped down on the bed. “I should have used the window…” I mumbled quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! :)