Status: IN PROGRESS

The Hunt Begins

A Serious Change in Pace

My vision was going again once the ambulance got to the lighthouse. I really hoped Alisha would be ok. Dean glared at me and I felt like everything I’d been working towards to get them to trust me just shattered all because I couldn’t heal the bitch that shot me.

I felt bad for calling her a bitch since she was almost dead, but what the hell was she doing? Was she doing some stupid witch magic, turning her eyes all black to scare the shit out of me before she killed me? What, did she think I hurt Sam and Dean?

I also felt really bad because I had been the one who led them here. And then that guy went and did that. I didn’t know what story Dean was telling them. I was freaking out which was adding to my adrenaline level. I felt like running away. That’s it. Run away.

I started backing away from everyone, the pain in my side burning. I held my right side with my left hand as I started to sneak around the vehicles towards the woods.

Suddenly I felt an arm on my shoulder. “Knew I’d find you here.”

I froze. Nathan. Michael’s best friend’s voice was unmistakable. I slowly turned around, looking at him.

“Running away. Again. Now, the first time I was willing to believe that you didn’t have anything to do with Michael’s accident, but this isn’t looking too good for you Bekka.” He just stared at me.

I looked back at him, refusing to look away. “You don’t know anything Nathan.” I mumbled.

“I know he was scared of you, and sometimes in his sleep he’d say things that I’m pretty sure referred to you, even though he wouldn’t willingly tell anyone that you were the one who started the church on fire.” He said, crossing his arms.

This time I did look away. Michael had always had an uncanny way of talking in his sleep. That’s how I’d learned some stuff about him. He would on rare occasions talk to me in his sleep where we’d have full blown conversations and everything. I shook my head. What did Nathan want from me now.

“Again Nathan, I say you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about! Did he even ever say my name once while he was talking in his sleep?” Yea sure, I was gambling with this one, but it was worth a shot.

“Actually, yea, he did.” Nathan said as he reached behind his back and pulled out a pair of handcuffs. I stared. Shit.

I looked toward the trees, wondering if I had a chance. I saw Artemis standing in the shadows. I was always so keen at catching her oh-so-slight movements. No one else would have ever noticed her there. I judged my distance from the trees. Too far for my condition at the moment. I slumped and put my hands out. The metal was cold on my wrists and Nathan started reading my rights to me.

As he sat in the driver’s seat of the police car I leaned back. Sam was staring at me. He was awake and alert. That made me feel better. He had a questioning look on his face and I held my hands up so he could see the cuffs. His eyes widened. I mouthed, “I’m sorry for everything,” as the car pulled away. I looked back up to the front of the car. “So what exactly are my charges, Officer Nathan?” I rolled my eyes.

“Attempted murder, resisting arrest because you ran last time too, and illegal possession of a weapon.” I slumped. Why the hell had I picked up the damn knife after Dean dropped it on the ground? I looked at my hands. Dried blood covered them and was underneath my fingernails too. Yuck.

I remained quiet through the whole process of being taken to my cell and everything and sat down on the bed that was in there.

They gave me a call. I called my parents. The phone rang and I got the answering machine, go figure. I hung up without leaving a message.

They led me back to my cell. Thank heavens I was put in a cell on my own. I laid down on the bed and soon I was fast asleep.

******************************************************

I woke up to Tom, I knew him from Michael too, hitting the bars of my cell telling me I had a visitor. It had been four days since I had been brought here. I looked over at him and wiped my eyes. They must have told my parents I was here. I was led to a room where I was sat in front of a phone.

I waited in the seat for my parents to come around the corner. “What the hell?” I asked in surprise, knowing he couldn’t hear me. Sam stood on the other side of the glass.

“If you don’t want me here I’ll leave.” Sam said once he was on the other line.

“It depends on what you’re here for.” I said, immediately putting my guards up.

“I’m here to talk.” He said simply, shrugging.

“If I wanted to talk Sa…”

“Shhh!” he interrupted me, looking around. I stopped talking and looked around even though I knew no one was in the room with me. He held a piece of paper up to the glass and it read: “My name is Jason White, Sam Winchester is too well known.” I nodded, showing I read it.

“Jason, really, why are you here?” I rolled my eyes. He held the paper up after he scribbled more on it. “In case the phones are bugged here: I’m going to get you out” And with that he stood up and left me there. A police officer came in and led me back to my cell. Weird, he was someone I didn’t know.

“I’m sorry that you two need to be separated during this.” He said as we walked. I looked at him confused.

“Who?”

“You and your fiancé, he told me that you guys were waiting to tell your parents so no one knew about the two of you. That’s why we gave you privacy.” That made sense. I rolled my eyes again. I was going to kill him.

Later that night I was sitting on my bed looking at the ceiling when I heard keys jingling. I looked out and there Sam was, walking all nonchalantly through the prison with the keys in his hands. He smiled when he got close to my cell and started undoing it. “Coffee break.” He informed me. I found it hard to believe that he seemed so at ease at doing this.

“Why are you doing this for me?” I asked him as I walked out of the cell.

“I want you to find the answers you’re always asking about in your sleep and I know you can’t do it here.” He said, leading me down the hallway.

“Of course I talk in my sleep now. Never used to. But I also never used to get pulled into people’s dreams either.” I muttered.

“You need to tell me more about that one too.” He said but then he held a hand out to me and I stayed quiet. He grabbed my arm and something hit me.

I didn’t know what but the next thing I knew I was standing in a corridor all by myself. No, not alone. I turned around and a man with yellow eyes was looking at me. I backed away. “I need you to help me.” He said to me. I shook my head.

“You need to. You’re not free.”


Suddenly I was back with Sam and he had my face between his hands looking in my eyes trying to wake me up quietly. “What just happened?” He whispered. I immediately remembered where we were so I stayed quiet. I shook my head, my eyes were huge and I could feel tears.

His hands came off my face and gripped my arm again. I didn’t experience the vision again, but I still felt weird. He pulled me and I followed. He dropped the keys off on a hook as we passed a board and soon we were out a back door and running toward a line of trees. I looked around and saw Artemis. I put one of my arms out as she jumped to my chest and I grabbed her and continued running with Sam.

He led me into a hospital after he threw a hoodie on me and told me to put the hood up. I did.

I didn’t know why we were in a hospital but at this point, I didn’t care. Sam was my rescuer and I wasn’t going to question any of his actions.

We rushed into a room and my question was answered. Alisha was sitting on the bed looking very pissed off at something. “Where did you find it?” Dean asked Sam when we walked in.

“We need to go.” Sam didn’t answer him at first.

“Where was it hiding?” Dean asked, standing up.

“SHE was in jail for dumb reasons. I broke her out. Now, I repeat. We. Need. To. Get. Out. Of. Here.” He emphasized his words while he threw clothes at Alisha and Dean. Alisha’s eyes were huge and I could tell she was even more pissed with this news.

Soon Alisha and Dean were sneaking out of the hospital while Sam and I sat next to Dean’s impala. I went to get into the backseat but Sam stopped me and led me to the back. He looked around before he popped the trunk and gestured for me to get in. I did. Because he told me to.

After a while of driving I felt the car stop and the trunk popped. I got out of it and put my feet on the ground. I couldn’t believe that I could literally feel the difference between the mainland and the island. I looked at Sam and he nodded his head. “Welcome to the mainland.” He smile and led me to the backseat of the impala. I got in and he shut the door behind me and sat up front. I lay down sideways and instantly fell asleep due to lack of sleep in jail. How was I happy right now?
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked it! :)