Status: IN PROGRESS

The Hunt Begins

A Short Break From the Ordinary

The body was located in the middle of a patch of woods. The weird part was that the boy was drowned with absolutely no bodies of water around for miles.

After viewing the body Dean and I went back to the hotel room with the medical examiner’s reports. I was tired and Dean offered to stay with me while the rest went to interview some of the town folk.

“You know I can look at these by myself?” Dean said while I was looking at one of the case files. Dean was sitting at the end of the couch and I was stretched out with my feet in his lap. “Now that Bekka is gone you can get a good sleep.”

“Huh?” I asked fiddling with my lip.

“Go to sleep; you’re playing with your lip which is a sure sign that you’re exhausted.” I was surprised that Dean still knew all my little quirks after all of these years. He took the case file out of my hands and set it on the table.

I shook my head, “No all I need is some caffeine.” I didn’t want to go back to sleep because of the last dream was still playing in my head. I poured myself a cup of coffee then curled up next to Dean so that I could look at the file he had in his hands.

“All of the bodies had a hand mark around their wrist.” I said noticing Dean’s file also noted that.

“It makes sense for the two previous bodies, they were found near water. But why the third?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “Could be the thing’s signature or something.”

Dean set the file down and put his arm around my shoulders. “So would you like to go out tonight?” He asked smoothly.

“That was random.” I noted taking a sip. “If I’m too tired to look at reports than how will I have enough energy tonight?” I asked wanting to be a smart ass.

“Then take a nap.” Dean stated plainly with a smile.

“Will you take one with me?” I asked cringing at the dream of him choosing Bekka over me. Psychological warfare sucked big time.

“If it will get you to take a nap, then yes.”

I nodded and got off of the couch. “I’m afraid of the dreams.” I admitted holing my hand out for him.

He grabbed my hand and I helped him up from the couch even though he probably didn’t need it. I just liked the feel of his hand in mine. He laid on the bed and I laid beside him with my head on his chest. We used to lay like that for hours when we were younger. The steady sound of his heart beat always calmed me down.

“Why were you trying to attack Bekka today when I got here?” Dean asked playing with my hair.

“She was in my dream again and you told her that you loved her. I was right there watching it and you just ignored me.” I was playing with a button on his shirt not wanting to look at his face.

“Are you jealous?” I could tell he was smiling by the tone of his voice.

“No! You’re such a jerk.” I didn’t sound at all convincing. Of course I was jealous! Why wouldn’t I be?

“Yeah, you’re totally jealous.” He replied.

“Shut up.”

***

We woke up to the other’s coming back. “Awe…look how cut they are.” Bobby commented as Dean and I opened our eyes groggily.

“Shut up.” Dean stretched his arms out. “What time is it?”

“7:00 pm.” Sam answered.

“Go get dressed.” Dean told me tapping me lightly on the arm.

“What?” I asked confused. I looked down at my body. “I’m fully clothed.”

“Go put something nice on we’re going out. Remember?”

“Finally! I get more time away from both of you. This is turning out to be a good day.” Bekka exclaimed sitting on the other bed.

I glared at her, “I don’t see why we can’t just stay here and torture Bekka. That would make my day so much more.”

Dean chuckled, “Just go get ready.” Geez he was awfully happy.

I rolled my eyes and got off the bed. “Fine.”

***

I got dressed and walked out of the bathroom, nervous. I was too dressed up in my opinion and everyone was out there. And like I thought everyone’s attention was on me. “What do I have something in my teeth?” I asked trying to diffuse my tension. I hated being the center of attention when I’ve been invisible most of my life.

“You look beautiful.” Dean said smiling.

I smiled because he called me beautiful and not hot. And it was in front of everyone…even Bekka. “Thank you. Can we go now?”

Dean nodded, “Yeah let’s go.”

We took the Mustang even though Dean wanted to take the Impala. “Why are you so dead set on taking me out?” I asked looking at him.

“Because I think you deserve it.” He said shrugging his shoulders. “You’ve had a lot of stress lately with Bekka and the whole possession and stabbing thing.”

“I hope you know this date isn’t going to have a happy ending.” I joked. “We kinda have a room full of people back at the motel.”

He laughed, “Like that’s stopped us before. Remember that one time in the bathroom and my dad walking…”

“Oh my god that was absolutely mortifying!” I laughed. “I couldn’t look at him for like a whole month! Then Sammy walking in on us when we were at Bobby’s house.”

“Well we did think that everyone was gone.” He laughed, “How were we to know that they left Sam behind?”

I smiled, “Maybe if you’re good.”

He chuckled, “Oh I’m always good.” I could hear the innuendo in his voice.

“Conceited much?”

He shook his head, “No just confident.”

***

“So was I good?” He asked whispering in my ear as we exited the restaurant. He had his arm around my waist as we walked to the car.

I shrugged my shoulders and smiled, “Maybe.” It had been a long time since I was able to relax like this.

He stopped and stepped in front of me. “I can convince you.” He brushed my cheek and then kissed me.

“I don’t know I’m pretty tough to break.” I said against his lips and walked away, stopping at the car. The doors were locked and he had the keys.

He came up behind me and pulled my closer to him by my hips. “Don’t make me play dirty.” He said, his lips hovering over my neck. His breath was tickling my neck making a shiver of pleasure go up my spine.

“Dean we’re in public.” I was trying to focus on not giving into him right then and there.

“Is that a yes?”

“Yeah.” I responded, biting my lip nervously. It had been a while since Dean and I had done anything more than kissing or flirting. I reached into my purse and pulled out the Impala keys. He gave them to me after I convinced him to take the mustang. “This time you don’t have to be worried about your dad catching us.” I smiled trying to seem confident. I held the keys out to him and he took them, putting them in his pocket.

He unlocked the mustang, “You’re nervous.” He noted as he opened the door open for me.

“What?” I asked trying my best to lie. “No I’m not.”

“That’s a lie.” He shut the door and stormed over to the driver’s side. “Why don’t you just tell me no if you don’t want to? Why do you have to lie?” He started the car, looking pretty annoyed. I hoped that he didn’t take it out on my baby.

I took a deep breath so I didn’t end up yelling at him. “Yes I’m nervous.” I admitted. “But it’s not because I don’t want to have sex with you it’s because…God this is just stupid.” Why was I trying to explain myself? “I thought this was supposed to be a no stress day? The one day when everything was going good and we end up fighting over something stupid like we’re some teenagers.”

Dean hit the steering wheel and groaned. “I’m sorry. You’re the one person that has weird effects on me. But I can’t just stay away from you, you’re like a drug. You’re my best friend and know how to cheer me up or how to piss me off in a second. You know my little quirks and I know yours. I love you, Alisha. And I know you don’t like that word but I do. I love you.”

I looked at him shocked and then out my window at a loss for words. Did he really mean it? I mean he seemed like he meant it and he did say it all of those years back but that was a while ago. He looked at me like he was waiting for an answer.

I cleared my throat still looking at the window. We were at the motel by the time I came up with something to say. “I guess since you gave a long speech I should probably too.” I smiled at him.

“You’re such a smart ass.” He said exasperatedly as he put the car in park.

I nodded, “I know. So I know this is going to sound corny but I don’t really care. You make me feel like I have butterflies in my stomach every time you look at me. You are probably one of the only people who know how to really make me laugh. You trust me even though there are many things that I have done to you to lose that trust. Most of all you took care of my dog even though he scared the shit out of you and you sat at my bed side. I have dreams about you and you are the only guy that can make me jealous. So I guess that means that I love you too.” I leaned over, kissed him and pulled the Impala keys out of his pocket.

“I guess we’re supposed to consummate our love or something.” I chuckled as I held up the keys. “Too bad the mustang is like way too small for such a task.”

“I told you we should have taken the Impala.” He smiled.

I got out of the mustang and walked over to the Impala, dragging Dean over with me. I unlocked the door with Dean already unzipping my dress. He ran his fingers down my bare back and kissed the sweet spot on my neck. I pushed him away playfully and got into the car, taking off my heels as I got in. He slid in and closed the door. I immediately kissed him and started to take off his shirt. He helped and then helped me pull off my dress barely disrupting the kiss. He pushed me back so that I was lying down and he was on top of me. His hands played softly against my skin as he laid kisses down my body.

***

Lily Dale, my home town, was nice and peaceful. Ms. Water’s, the person who was in charge of watching me while my parents were away, was talking to a man around my father’s age with blackish, brownish hair and dark eyes. With him he had two boys one who was about my age with shaggy brown hair and green eyes and the other older than me with short, styled, brown hair and the same green eyes as the younger one.

“Who are you?” I asked walking into the room like I owned the place. I was 17 years old and thought I was so tough because my parents were hunters, I was a medium and I knew how to handle myself in a fight.

Ms. Waters looked at me with disdain. “Alisha Marie Patterson. Where are your manners?” She used my middle name but it wasn’t as intimidating as when my mother used it.

I crossed my arms across my chest, noticing that both of the guys’ attention was on me. I had dyed my dark hair blonde because blondes were the ‘it’ thing and my body was almost all the way filled out so of course they were impressed. “Well obviously they already know my full name now so I think I deserve theirs.”

“I-I’m Samuel Winchester…well Sam Winchester. But my dad and brother call me Sammy. You can call me it if you want.” Sam babbled he wasn’t that smooth with girls.

“I think she gets the point Sam.” Dean interrupted. “I’m Dean Winchester. Sam’s older brother.” He held out his hand.

I took it with a smile and shook it, “It’s nice to meet you Dean. I’m Alisha but of course you already knew that.” In my opinion he was one of the most gorgeous guys I had ever met but I didn’t babble like Sam.

“Yeah it was a little harsh to use the middle name.” Dean chuckled and we let go of each other’s hands.

The scene changed and Dean and I were walking in Leolyn Woods. Dean had just gotten in a fight with John and drove off to see me. I was trying to get his mind off of the fight. The leaves were starting to change so it was colorful. There was the sound of birds on the soft breeze. It was the off season so there wasn’t any extra sound of the tourist. “Have you ever seen the inspiration stump?” I asked taking his hand it was rough in my hand but pleasant. I didn’t care that I was 17 and he was 21. Age was just a stupid number that got in the way.

“Inspiration stump?” Dean asked with a chuckle.

I nodded, “I know it sounds like a bunch of crap but it’s really peaceful there and a great place to think.” He didn’t know that I was a medium and could communicate with ghosts and I wanted to keep it that way. I didn’t want him to know that I was like all of the other ‘freaks’ in Lily Dale. The inspiration stump was actually one of the most powerful places in Lily Dale but I didn’t tell Dean that either.

We came up to the pews that surrounded the gated in stump and I stopped. Everything was silent there except for the occasional rustling of leaves as they brushed across the decorative blocks that were inlaid into the ground around the stump.

“Why is there a gate around it?” Dean asked with a smirk.

“It’s an important thing to this community and they don’t want anyone to mess with it.” I answered as I sat down on the back pew.

“Well it’s not a very high fence.” He replied sitting down next to me. I shrugged my shoulders and looked down at my shoes. “Why do you stay here? Why don’t you go hunting with your parents?”

I looked at Dean, “Because my mom believes this is one of the safest places for me. She doesn’t want me to get hurt.”

Dean pushed a piece of hair behind my ear, grazing my cheek. “Why don’t you come hunting with me?”

I smiled, “I don’t know. I don’t know if I would be good at it. Sure I know how to fight and use weapons but I don’t have nearly as much experience as you. Wouldn’t I just be a hindrance?”

Dean laughed, “You can never be a hindrance.” He leaned down and kissed me, the first kiss of our relationship.


“Alisha.” I could hear Dean’s voice and hear his heart beating.

“What?” I asked groggily trying to open my eyes. I was lying on top of Dean, in the Impala. The memory of last night came back and I smiled.

“We should probably get dressed and into the motel room before they start worrying.” Dean answered pushing my hair out of my face gently.

“We need to get a different room.” I stated looking at him. “Maybe in a nice hotel.”

Dean laughed, “Maybe after this case, it shouldn’t take too long.”

I sighed, “Fine.” I smiled and kissed Dean softly on the lips. “So where are all of my clothes?”

When we got back to the motel room everyone was up. And they were looking at us none too friendly. “Nice of you two to come back.” Bobby stated sounding pissed.

“What happened?” Dean asked confused. Why were they mad at us?

Finally Sam took sympathy on us and told us what was going on. “There was another murder earlier this morning. It seems the thing isn’t taking it’s time anymore.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Lily Dale, NY has recently been featured in supernatural but it wasn't the real thing...it didn't even look like the real thing. I live about 30 mins away from it and have visited it a few times. Jennoria and I decided that it would be awesome to feature it in our story way before that episode even came ^_^ which is a pretty cool coincidence. I provided some pictures of the real Lily Dale so I hope you like this chapter. Oh and I hope you like the other content lol ^_^