Status: IN PROGRESS

The Hunt Begins

It's a Grey Day

It’s been about an hour since Sam woke me up from that nightmare and I could see out of the corner of my eye that he just kept looking over at me repeatedly. Was he really actually worried about me?

“Artemis.” I called quietly.

“Where you headed to?” Sam asked me.

“I need to take Artemis out. She’s been holding it this whole time.” I answered back, slipping on my converse. My outfit was one of my favorites today and when I’d walked out of the bathroom, I could have sworn I’d seen Sam do a double take. But I knew it was all in my head. Anyways, if these guys hung out with girls as pretty as Alisha, I’d just barely reach the radar, if I even did reach it.

“Like a beetle next to a butterfly…” I mumbled to myself.

“What did you say?” Sam asked standing up and walking closer.

“Na-da. I was just mumbling to myself." I gestured to my outfit. "It's a grey day. That usually always means something interesting is going to happen. It's just something that goes along with my past.” I stood up from the bed and handed him back his jacket as I grabbed mine. Apparently he’d brought it in after I fell asleep. Figured he’d need his back I guess.

“Thanks,” he said taking the jacket from me. “Do you want to go with me to investigate today?” He asked slipping his jacket on.

“Investigate what?” I asked, bending down to grab my gloves out of my bag. I was going to need to find when and where I could do laundry… I couldn’t go and buy more clothes. They’d want to know where it all came from.

“Paranormal activity.” He looked at me with a smirk.

I couldn’t believe he’d literally just said that. “Are you for real right now?”

He just nodded as I watched him stuff a gun on his waist. I took a step back. I still wasn’t used to those things.

“You’re all fucking nuts.” I turned away and walked to the door.

“So is that a yes?” Sam asked. I nodded and walked out of the motel. Artemis bounding after me.

I just hoped Alisha and Dean wouldn’t be there. I still felt awkward around them.

About 15 minutes outside Sam came out. He had a bag on his shoulders and he stood there forlornly waiting for me to join up with him. I waited as long as I could till I gave under and wandered over to him. Artemis bounded up to him and lightly bit his boot and bounced back. I’d never seen her act like this around people before.

Sam looked at Artemis with a grin on his face and did a half skip. Artemis realized he was responding to her playful attitude and she took off running just to turn around and stare at us.

“Can we take the woodsy way?” I asked him.

He nodded and fell into step beside me. We’d been walking for about 10 minutes with no talking. “You’re really quiet.” I commented to him.

“You didn’t seem to want to talk.” He looked at me out of the corner of his eyes.

“Good point. It’s not that I didn’t want to talk. It’s that I didn’t know what to talk about.” I shrugged.

“What about your nightmare?” I should have known he’d go there. I grimaced.

“I don’t know. It was just fucked up. That’s it.” I murmured.

“What was it about?” He inquired.

“Nothing big. Basically about people butting into my business.” I snapped and instantly regretted it. I didn’t know what had come over me. “Sorry Sam.”

“It’s ok. You didn’t get a very good night sleep last night. That in itself does things to people.” He looked ahead of us.

“You have no idea.” I murmured to myself.

“This is beautiful scenery here.” He noted, looking around.

“Not if you’ve lived here your whole life.” I frowned and looked for Artemis. When I didn’t at first see her my heart jumped in my chest, but then I saw her bound out of the brush chasing a butterfly.

I smiled. We finally made it the place we were ”investing” and it was the Central warehouse. “Why does it have to be a creepy place?” I asked myself out loud.

“You know, I ask myself that every damn day?” I smiled at him.

“Then why do you keep doing this then?” He just shrugged.

“Family business.”

“Ohh, I understand… not.”

“Consider yourself lucky.” He said.

“Why do you carry weapons with you? You don’t actually ever see anything do you?”

“More than I’d care to that’s for sure. The weapons are to protect us. These aren’t the kind of ghosts you hear of in little kid tales. These ones are ones that really want to kill and won’t flinch while doing it.” He was completely serious. I didn’t know whether to believe him or think he was completely nuts.

“Ghosts huh?” I said.

“Demons too. Poltergeists. Other ferocious weird things.”

I just looked at him.

“You don’t believe me, do you?”

“Not really.” I shrugged. Or did I?

Just then Sam’s phone rang. “Yea? Yea, we’re here. Yup, she’s here too. Ok… Oh… that’s fine.” Sam looked at me real quick and backed away just a little, then he turned away and walked. He must want privacy. I walked away from him, closer to the warehouse. Ghosts… that’s bullshit. I kept walking. I looked at Artemis and gestured her to come along. She bounded up next to me and walked a little bit past me.

Just as I walked in the door I heard Sam call my name. I ignored him. I’d never been in a place like this. It was creepy, like what you’d see in a scary movie. The fact that it was abandoned didn’t help any either. Just then the hair on the back of my neck stood on end. The door slammed shut behind me. The burn on my shoulder started to sting. I looked at it, it was glowing. It was of a pentagram and it hurt like a bitch. I stumbled backwards and hit a wall. Just then something threw me away from the wall and I screamed. I watched as Artemis then went airborne and flew across the room and crashed into a wall.

I screamed for Artemis and ran towards her. Just before I reached her I was hurled into the air too. I threw my hands out in front of me and I stopped moving. I screamed as immense pain shot through my head. “AAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!!!!” just then I felt heat hit my skin and fire was everywhere. I fell to the ground and my vision went blank.

I opened my eyes to Dean and Alisha holding guns in my face. I screamed again. “What happened?” I screamed with my eyes shut.

Just then Dean lowered his gun and grabbed my neck. I instantly couldn’t breathe. I gagged for breath as he talked to me. “You’re never going to get near my little brother again you bitch.” He cocked his gun and pointed it at my face. “And these are silver bullets you bitch.”

“What happened to Sam?! What are you talking about?” Against my will I started crying. “Sam!”

“Don’t speak his name you disgusting fuck!” Alisha spat in. She threw something in my face and since it stung a little I wondered if it was some kind of acid or something. I Felt Artemis at my side covering me as much as she could growling.

“I don’t know what’s going on!” I tried to stand up but that resulted in a boot to my face. I wasn’t sure who did it, but either way it hurt like a fucking bitch. I felt warm fluid pouring down from my nose.

“Why did you try to kill him?”

“I didn’t! I got attacked by something and that’s the last thing I remember!” I screamed at them.

I tried to get up again and this time Samael grabbed a hold of my arm. “Ow! Fucking bear!” I heard my shirt rip along with my skin and both Dean and Alisha froze. I tried to cover my scar that they were looking at. I tried once again to get up as soon as Samael let go of my arm and I staggered away from them.

“Would you assholes get the fuck over yourselves? You’re acting like I’m the bad guy, yet I’m the only one with… holy fuck!" I said looking down at my arm where the damn dog had grabbed a hold of me. Just then I realized that the dog had let me go because Artemis had attacked him. she was now making him chase her to get him away from me. “Artemis!” I went to run for her when someone grabbed me from behind.

I twirled and punched, I didn’t care who it was at this point, my fox was in trouble. My hand came in contact with Sam’s face and I gasped. He had cuts all over his face and burn marks all over him too. Nothing that wouldn’t heal without scarring but it still looked really bad at that moment. My eyes began to water, but still I fought out of his grip as I whispered sorry to him and I ran off into the woods after my fox. I finally found her and the damn dog and she ran to me and jumped into my arms.

“Back the fuck off!” I screamed at the dog. He just growled at me. I backed away from him and then turned and ran. When I turned around, he wasn’t following me. “Did you see what Sam looked like Artemis?! He looked just like Michael!” I began crying as I just kept running and running. Hopefully I’d never see those people again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoyyyyyy :)