Status: IN PROGRESS

The Hunt Begins

Just a Kiss

“That Bitch! If they hurt my dog I will torture them and Kill them!” I turned to Sam. “This is your fault! If you didn’t make goo-goo eyes at her we wouldn’t be in this situation! Maybe you should start thinking with your upstairs brain, huh?” I walked outside followed by Sam and Dean. I whistled for Samael if he was near he would come. “If my Samael is hurt I’m going to shoot you in the body part of my choice.”

“She is not evil.” Sam answered sounding slightly annoyed.

“Bullshit! You saw the fire! Also, her skin burned when I threw the fuckin holy water on her! Please tell me Sam, how the hell do you not believe she is evil?” Samael came out of the woods that were to the left to us. I looked at Sam, “You’re damn lucky boy.”

“I don’t think it’s time to fight.” Dean said angrily, finally chiming in. “We have to find Bekka whether she’s evil or not.”

“No I will be the one to find her.” I grabbed a hold of Samael’s collar and looked at the boys. “Because I don’t trust Sam. He would probably just let the Bitch go again.”

“Alisha, don’t be like this.” Dean responded with a sigh.

I glared at Dean and then knelt down so I was at ear level with Samael. “Okay boy it’s time to find Bekka. Can you do that for me?” He licked my face signaling that he was up to the challenge. “Good boy.” I patted his head and then let go of him. “Now go.” I started following Samael who had his nose to the ground. “Wait right here. I’ll be back.” I demanded over my shoulders as I was engulfed by the woods.

It didn’t take Samael long to catch the Bitch’s trail and I was soon running after him. We came to a creek within five minutes and I could hear shale cracking and rocks moving. Stupid Bitch didn’t even know how to run away right; there was no way she was a runaway because she wouldn’t be making these rookie mistakes. She was definitely hiding something. Samael rounded a bend and I heard a scream and a big splash. When I came into sight I could see that Samael had taken the girl down and her fox was trying to bite him.

I pulled out my knife and grabbed the girl’s hair. “Call you’re damn animal off.” I pressed my knife to her throat and she let out a whimper. When she didn’t say anything I pressed the knife harder. “I said call the damn thing off.” Samael let out a yelp as the fox bit his leg and then he snapped at it almost catching it by the neck before it flinted a couple feet away.

“First you call your bear off.” She said trying to sound brave but her voice wavered.

I laughed, “I’m not the one with the knife to my throat.” I pressed it harder and a thin stream of blood appeared which was weird because usually with demons the wound would be sparking.

“Artemis go.” The fox let out a weird noise and looked at Bekka. “Just go!” The fox cowered away and then ran off.

I smiled, “Good, now stand up.” She obeyed me and stood up. “Now if you try to escape I will kill you. I have killed a lot more for a lot less.” I decreased the pressure on the knife so it would be easier to walk. “Now walk.”

She started walking, “Why are you doing this to me?”

I rolled my eyes. I was tired of the whole innocent ploy. “You might have Sam and Dean fooled but you’re not fooling me. You’re hiding something and I’m going to find out.”

“What are you talking about?” She asked playing the damsel in distress.

“Hmm…I wonder? Could it possibly be because you almost set Sam on fire? Or maybe the fact that you obviously got burned by the holy water?”

“You’re crazy. I am normal.” I could tell even she didn’t believe that.

“Save that for Sam, I don’t buy any of your shit.”

When we got back to the warehouse Sam and Dean were both there. “That’s how you get the job done.” I pushed her down so she fell to Sam’s feet. “Tie her up and take her back to the motel. I don’t want that thing in my car.”

“Wow Alisha don’t you think you’re a little harsh?” Sam asked obviously pissed at me.

I shrugged my shoulders, “I do whatever I have to do to survive. I’m not sure if you can say the same thing.” I wiped my knife off on the ground and put it back in its sheath. Then I walked away without another word.

It was late before I heard anything from any of the boys. At around 6 there was a knock on my door, I was sitting at the table fiddling with my knife as I tried to do some research. “Who is it Samael?” As he walked up to the door and sniffed. “Is it Dean?” He let out a cheerful bark and pranced over to me with his tail wagging. I got up and pet him then answered the door.

Dean was leaning in the door way with a couple of bags in his hand. “What do you want Dean?” I asked slightly annoyed but still trying to hide a smile. It wasn’t my fault that he had a certain effect on me.

He looked down at me and smiled, “I’ve always been a superman person myself but I guess batman’s okay.” I just rolled my eyes and he continued talking. “I brought food and booze.” He held up the bags and smiled like a little kid.

“Well then I guess I can’t just leave you out here.” I stepped aside so that he could enter the room.

Samael walked up to Dean and sat down. “I also have something for you.” Dean set the bags down and pulled out a big raw hide bone then handed it to Samael. It caught me totally by surprise and it was hard not to show it on my face. “I thought he deserved a treat for the good job he did today.” He looked at me and smiled but I gained my composure before he could see.

I looked away from him and at the papers I had been looking at just moments before. “So where is the girl?”

Dean shrugged then started pulling stuff out of the bag. Chinese food, my favorite. “In the room but don’t worry Bobby is there now. He doesn’t know that you’re here yet. I thought I would leave that decision to you.” Okay, everything about this was strange. First the dog bone, then the food and then letting me choose whether to confront Bobby? What happened to Dean?

“Thanks I guess?” I replied taking one of the take out containers and a plastic fork. I sat there quietly picking at my rice for a couple of seconds before Dean set a beer in front of me and then sat down himself.

“We were happy once weren’t we?” Dean asked looking at his food, not making eye contact with me.

I leaned back in my chair, surprised yet again. I covered it up with a sip from my beer. “What brings on that question?”

“This life it just bothers me sometimes. It’s like you can never really be happy. Sam got away but then look what happened. His girlfriend got burned and now he’s back in the business. Then there was you and I. We were happy and then there was you’re parent’s death and then everything went to shit. At least I think we were happy.” He looked at me and shrugged. I looked down at my food and started fidgeting with my beer bottle, rolling it in between my hands. “Do you still blame yourself for your parent’s deaths?”

I shrugged my shoulders, “You know the blame usually goes in between me and you but then there are times when I realize that it’s no one’s fault that it just happens. But that reasoning doesn’t last long. I think it’s just easier to place the blame on someone who’s living.”

“I have your parent’s journal.” He pulled it out of one of the bags and set it on the table. “Bobby said that you should probably read it.” He pushed it closer to me.

I shook my head and pushed it away. “Not right now. If I read it at this moment I will become depressed and I really don’t think it’s smart to be in that frame of mind during this case. So either you or Sam can read it for the information we need.”

Dean nodded and put the journal back in the bag. “So do you like the food?” He asked the smile back on his face.

I smiled back trying to get rid of the sad feelings I had. “I’m surprised you remembered that Chinese was my favorite.”

He laughed, “How could I forget? That was like the only thing we would eat when we were on hunts together.”

We chatted while we ate for a good hour. Talking about the past and the most ridiculous things we did. I laughed about some of Dean’s experiences like his recent adventure of him getting chased off a bridge by his possessed car and falling into gross water. He even laughed at the story of how I stole a gun from a police officer.

“Hey I really wanted to see how well a glock shot.” I said in my defense as I downed my second beer. “It’s not my fault the fat bastard wasn’t fast enough to chase after me.”

“He was probably having a heart attack from the way you were seducing him.” Dean joked.

I looked at my watch, surprised that it read 1:00 am. “Holy shit.” I got up and pulled on my converse. “Come on Samael.” Samael got up from his spot under the table and came over to me.

“Where are you going?” Dean asked standing up and stretching. His shirt rose a little exposing a bit of his abs. I bit my lip trying not remember what it felt like to run my hands along those abs.

I shook my head realizing he was waiting for an answer. “Oh…taking Samael out to go to the bathroom then to bed.”

“Can I join you?” Dean asked giving me a mischievous grin.

“To take Sammy out yeah. In bed no. But I’m sure Sammy would like to share the bed with you again.” I answered opening the door.

Dean followed Samael and me out. “I’ll take what I can get. Besides Bobby snores like a trucker.”

I walked over to my car and leaned against the trunk while Samael rooted around and did whatever dogs do. “So since I can’t join you in bed can I at least have a kiss?” Dean stood in front of me and put his hands on my car on either side of my hips.

I bit my lip contemplating it. “Just a kiss?”

He nodded his head and leaned his face closer to mine. “Yeah.”

I looked him in the eyes for a second still trying to make the decision and then nodded. “Yeah.” I don’t know why I said yes. Maybe it was the fact that I wanted to be happy and the last time I was happy I was with Dean. Or maybe just because I missed him.

I didn’t have much time to contemplate the decision before Dean’s lips were on mine. The kiss was nice and slow. Not like the one from the night before. But this time it was cut short by Samael barking at us, telling us that he was done and wanted to go back. I pushed Dean away lightly and smiled. "We should really get back in and to bed."

He nodded with a smile on his face. “Sounds like a good plan to me.”