Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Eighteen

That next day Jack didn’t have work. Alex wakes up at one in the afternoon. “Morning sunshine.” Jack says as he lets Powder outside. Alex sits on a stool and leans his head on his elbow. “What do you want to eat?” “Nothing.” Alex mumbles. “Alex, you need to eat.” “Fine, let’s go out to eat.” “Where?” “I don’t know. How about the diner by Rian’s and Zack’s?” “Fine.”

When Alex said ‘Let’s go out to eat’ he meant alone. But since it was so close to Rian and Zack’s Jack decided to invite them to go along. “So when’s the next appointment?” Rian asks as he takes a bite out of his cheeseburger. “I don’t know actually. We’re supposed to go every week but considering how much I hate doctors I doubt we’ll be going that often.” Alex says. “That reminds me, I’ll call in to schedule another appointment.” Jack takes a sip of his coffee. “Wow Jack, you sound like a dad already.” Zack says. Alex sits there staring off into space. “What are you guys going to name the baby?” Zack asks. “Luke Spencer if it’s a boy, and Kylie Renee if it’s a girl.” Jack says. Jack turns around to look at Alex. “You feeling alright?” he asks. Alex sits there. “Alex.” Jack says again. “What?” “I asked you if you were feeling alright.” “Yeah, and I thought her name was going to be Kylie RAE, not Kylie RENEE.” “I like Renee better.” Alex nods. “I do too actually.”



“What about the name Chassadee?” Jack asks Alex. “Isn’t that like a porn stars name?” “We can name her Chassadee if we wanted to. But not after the porn star.” “I like it. But people will ask if she was named after the porn star.” “So?” “Fine. So far we have Chassadee and Kylie for a girl. And Luke for a boy?” Alex asked. “Yup. But I also like Devin for a boy.” “Another name? Are you serious?” “Yeah.” “Do you have anymore you want to tell me?” Jack sat on their couch. “Nope. Not yet.” Alex stands up. “Where you going?” “To make another appointment for the doctors.” “Don’t go on a day that I have work.” “What days do you not have work on?” Alex starts dialing the number to the clinic. “Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.” “You don’t work much.” “At least I have a job unlike someone…” “Like people are going to hire a pregnant man.” Jack stands behind Alex and wraps his arms around his waist. “Yeah, I would like to schedule an appointment.” Alex says into the phone. “Uh, yeah Thursday at three would be alright. Yeah, okay thanks.” He hangs up the phone. All of a sudden Jack says “I’m horny.”