Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Twenty Nine

At that Jack stops. He stands there for ten seconds debating on punching Rian in the face or just walking out the door. He chooses the better choice and walks out of the townhouse. He opens the car door to find Alex’s head on the dashboard crying. “What’s wrong?” Jack puts his hand on the small of Alex’s back. “It’s my fault he’s gone.” Alex sobs. Jack sighs, this is probably been the thousandth time they’ve been down this road. “It isn’t your fault okay? Let’s just go home.” Jack turns on the car and begins the drive home.

“He said WHAT to you?” Alex asks. “He said that I was a dumbass for not using a condom.” Jack repeats himself. “God dammit I am going to kill him.” Alex paces around the kitchen. “Alex, calm down he’s just-” “He’s just what Jack? A total douchebag?” “Well.. now he is I guess but I mean-” “I swear to god he’s going to die.” “Alex, his boyfriend has been gone for four months. How would you feel?” Jack has probably said that line so much now. He just wants Zack to get over himself and to get his ass back to Baltimore before someone gets hurt. “But Rian doesn’t have to act like that. I get that he misses him but what he said was uncalled for.” Alex says. “I don’t know. Zack just needs to get back here before I kill Rian.”

That night it was pouring. “Jaaack, come snuggle with me.” Alex yells. “Do you even have to ask?” Jack sits down on the couch next to Alex and wraps his arms around him. “I don’t like rain.” Alex says. “I know you don’t. It’ll be fine though.” Alex buries his face in Jack’s side. Thunder rumbles causing Alex to jump just a little bit. “Ow, shit that hurt.” Alex mumbles as he sits up and pushes his hand on his side. “What?” Jack looks down. “You alright?” Jack gives Alex a worried look. “Yeah, I think she knows I hate thunderstorms. She’s kicking like crazy right now.” Alex stands up. “Ow god dammit I swear when she’s older she will suffer consequences.” Alex stretches. “Come on. Let’s go upstairs. I’m sure the beds more comfortable than the couch anyways.”