Status: Active

I Don't Need This Right Now

Three

Before Alex knew it he was sitting in a health clinic with Zack. “Zack, what happened?” Alex asked. “I had sex with… Rian…” He says. “How did that happen?” Alex was shocked. He wouldn’t think that this would happen. “Well, it was at Martin’s party and we got really drunk and… It just happened.” Zack buried his face in his hands. “What am I going to tell Rian?” Zack says “Seriously what am I going to tell him?” Alex just stares back at Zack.

An hour later Zack walks out of the clinic with Alex. “You alright?” Alex asks as they get into the car. Zack stares out the window. “Zack?” Alex asks again. “Just take me back home. Please.” Alex does what Zack says and pulls out of the ramp. Alex gets back home and all the boxes are gone. He looks down to see another pair of shoes. “Jack?” Alex calls out. “Jack?” He repeats. “Up here.” Jack yells from upstairs. Alex climbs the stairs and into their room. He find Rian and Jack putting together a bed. “Hey Ri.” Alex says. “Hi.” Rian says quickly not looking at Alex. “So babe, how are we going to sleep on this bed frame if we don’t have a mattress?” Alex asks. Jack looks up. “God dammit!” Jack yells. Alex smiles. “We’ll go look for one later.” Alex says. “How far are you guys anyways?” Alex asks. “We’re almost done actually. Ri, if you want you can go home now. Alex is here and he can help.” Jack tells Rian. “Yeah sure okay.” Rian gets up. “Hey wait up!” Alex calls after Rian. “What?” “What happened between you and Zack?” Alex asks. “Nothing. Just leave it alone okay?” Rian says. “Fine. But talk to him okay? He wants you to talk to him that’s all he needs right now.” Alex says. Rian nods and he walks downstairs and out the door.

“This one’s too soft.” Jack says as he lies down on the mattress. “I like this one though.” Alex says. “I don’t.” Jack gets up and moves down to another one. “This one’s too hard now.” Alex rolls his eyes. “Hurry up you indecisive piece of shit I wanna go home.” “Ugh fine.” They finally lay on a memory foam bed. “I like this one.” Jack says. “Finally. We’ll take this one.”



Rian drives to Zack’s apartment before heading back to his house. He parks in the parking lot and walks up to the doors. He pushes the button for Zack’s room. “Hello?” Said Zack over the speaker system. “Hey it’s uh, me, Ri.” Rian says. The door buzzes and the door clicks unlock. He opens the door and runs up the stairs. Apartment number 209. He knocks on the door. “It’s open!” Zack yells on the other side of the door. Rian opens the door and sees Zack in the kitchen grabbing a water bottle. “Hey.” Rian says. “Hi.” Rian knows that when Zack says ‘hi’ there’s something wrong. “What’s wrong Zack?” He asks. “Nothing.” Both Zack and Rian knew that what Zack said was a lie. “Zack Merrick what is wrong?” Rian says as he crosses his arms. Zack’s eyes start stinging with tears. “Ri, I’m pregnant.”