Status: Active

Heartbreak Warfare

Call Me a Name, Kill Me With Words

“I’m sorry Miss but you’re not allowed back there.” The big, beefy security guard said to me while blocking me from going backstage.

“I’m with her though.” I said through gritted teeth as I motioned towards Becca.

“Yes but her name is on the list. Yours isn’t.”

“Do you have any fucking clue who I am? I’m Annabelle Jaymes, daughter of Benjamin Jaymes.”

The security guard’s eyes got real wide and he quickly stepped aside, “I’m sorry Miss Jaymes. I didn’t realize it was you. Go on back.”

“Thanks.” I said as I started walking towards Becca.

“Still using daddy’s name to get what you want?”

I was about to yell at whoever said that until I saw a smiling Justin standing behind me. Instead I just shrugged and said, “My mom always told me if you’ve got it, flaunt it. Besides, a powerful last name is the only decent thing my father gave to me.”

“I don’t blame you. If I could get a reaction like you did just from saying my name I totally would. So how’ve you been A.J.?” Justin said while hugging me.

I hugged him back and said, “I’ve honestly been better. How was touring, though? You were the only one I heard from. I mean I didn’t expect to hear from Nick but I thought Andrew and Halvo would at least text me some.”

Justin gave me a sheepish look and said, “Well Nick kind of told everyone that they shouldn’t talk to you.”

“What a fucking bastard!”

“And you’re the biggest bitch on the east coast.” A new voice said from behind me.

I whipped around and saw Nick standing there.

“Hello Nicholas. I would say that I’m happy to see you and glad that you’re back home but then I’d be lying.” I said to the ginger boy in front of me.

“Same to you Annabelle. So did you enjoy the song?” Nick smirked.

“Are you fucking serious? Even you aren’t that dumb. That song is by far the shittiest thing you’ve done to me, and you’ve done some pretty shitty things. Not only did you write a song about me and include my name it, you also had the balls to tell pretty much the entire state of Maryland that it was about me. You know, just in case they didn’t already know.”

“Well I guess this is one problem that daddy’s money can’t solve.”

As soon as those words left Nick’s mouth the entire room went silent. Everyone knew how I didn’t get along very well with my father and how much I hated feeling like I was just some “little rich girl.”

“You never know when to stop do you? You always have to cross the line.” I spat out as I turned and started out the venue.

“Just go ahead and walk away Annabelle. That is what you do best.” Nick yelled after me.

“Fuck you Nicholas Santino! Fuck you.” I yelled before exiting out the door.

I luckily made it to the car before I started crying. I found some Kleenex at the bottom of my purse and dabbed at my eyes. I then grabbed my phone and quickly dialed the number I knew by heart.

“Hello.”

“Hey, Stel. What are you doing?” I asked Stella, my sister.

“Well I was just thinking about sitting down and watching whatever cheesy movie is playing on Lifetime but if you have a better idea I’m sure I can change my plans.”

“Great. Do you want to meet me at Lou’s in ten minutes?” I asked naming our favorite bar.

“I’m down.”

“K. See you soon.” I said.

I hung up the phone and then heard a tapping on my window. I rolled it down and saw Becca standing outside my car.

She gave me a sad smile and said, “So that was intense, huh?”

I sighed and said, “Stella and I are going to Lou’s. Would you like to join?”

“Alcohol and getting hit on all night long? Hell yes!” Becca said as she ran around to the other side of my car and slid in.

Becca and I pulled up to Lou’s a few minutes later and saw Stella already there.

“Hey girlies.” Stella said as she came over to where Becca and I were.

Stella is only a year older than me and we’re pretty close. Even though we’re sisters we look nothing alike. I guess our faces look similar but that’s about it. She got the pale skin, blonde hair and blue eyes from my mom whereas I resemble my dad with my olive skin, dark hair and brown eyes.

The three of us walked up to the bar where Steven, our favorite bartender, was working.

“Well if it isn’t my best customers.” Steven smiled at us.

“Damn Stevie Boy, you make us sound like alcoholics.” Stella flirted. Stella had the ability to flirt with anyone, anywhere and used that ability quite frequently.

“After tonight I’m going to be an alcoholic.” I muttered.

“Shit did she hear Nick’s song?” Stella turned and asked Becca.

“Wait! You knew about this too? Why the fuck did no one tell me?”

“What was I supposed to tell you A.J.? Hey best friend, guess what? Your ex-boyfriend, the only boy you’ve ever truly loved, wrote an incredibly hateful song bashing you.” Becca said.

Stella cut in and said, “I don’t know why Nick would do that, though. You guys were perfect for each other.”

“Well they ended pretty badly.” Becca said.

“I don’t care about the reasons. The bottom line is that Nick is a punk-ass little bitch and my sister and best friend should have done a better job of warning me about the song.” I said and then turned to Steven. “I want a rum with coke heavy on the rum, light on the coke and shots… many, many shots.”

Alcohol was going to be my new best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Stella
I was going to update this sooner but some things came up. Sorry about that. I should be able to start updating it more though. Thanks for the comments and subscriptions :)