Status: Active

Heartbreak Warfare

When You See My Face Hope it Gives You Hell

“Get yo’ ass outta bed!” Becca yelled as she came into my room and pulled the blankets off of me.

“Seriously Becca, what’s your problem?” I grumbled as I sat up and glared at her.

“My problem is that my best friend has been entirely too mopey ever since her ex-boyfriend sang a mean song about her a couple weeks ago. To fix that I am taking my best friend out to the club tonight.”

“Ok, that’s great and everything but it’s 9 in the morning. The club won’t open for at least another 12 hours. Plus I have 8 am classes all week long so I’d really like to sleep in since it’s the weekend.”

Becca rolled her eyes at my bad attitude and said, “I realize that clubs aren’t open during the day but we need to go shopping to get some hot outfits. Nothing fixes heartache better than new clothes, alcohol, and cute boys.”

I rolled my eyes but obliged and got out of bed to get ready. Becca and I were out the door within the hour and headed to our favorite store.

“So what club are we going to tonight?” I asked Becca as I sifted through the clothing rack, searching for the perfect dress to buy.

“It’s a new club called Nuvo. It’s supposed to be really cool so I figured we could check it out.”

“Ok, sounds good to me. Plus a new club means there’s less of a chance of running into people we don’t want to see.” I said as I took the pile of clothes I was holding back to the dressing room to try them on.
____________________________________________________________________________

Becca and I walked into Nuvo later that night and it seemed like a cool place. There was a large dance floor and many cute boys around. Becca and I immediately walked up to the bar to get some drinks. We had just ordered our drinks when I heard her mutter “shit” under her breath.

“What?” I asked as I turned to look at her.

Becca quickly looked away from whatever she had been looking at and said, “Oh, nothing. I uhh thought I forgot something at home but I didn’t.”

I could see straight through her lie so I looked in the direction she had previously been looking in. That’s when I saw him.

“What the fuck is he doing here? He hates clubs and always complained when I made him come to them with me.” I said.

“I don’t know but he’s not alone.” Becca cautiously said and I noticed that there was a girl sitting at the table with him. She was just his type: blonde and looked like a model.

An idea formed in my head and I smirked as I stood up.

“Where are you going?” Becca questioned.

“I’ll be right back.” I said as I avoided her question.

“A.J., please don’t do anything stupid.”

I walked up to their table and plastered a smile on my face as he looked up at me. “Hello Nicholas.”

“Hi A.J.” Nick said and my heart broke as he said those two letters. He never called me A.J., at least he hadn’t when we had dated. He said he preferred Annabelle, and of course Annie, his nickname for me.

“I’m sorry to bother you and your date but the doctor’s office keeps calling my phone for you. I keep telling them that I don’t see you anymore but they won’t stop calling.”

“Why is the doctor’s office calling for me?”

“They have your test results.”

“What test results?”

“For your herpes.” I smirked and then walked away. I could hear Nick insisting to his date that he did not have herpes or any other kind of STD as I made my way back over to Becca.

Becca gave me a look as she asked, “A.J., what did you do?”

“Nothing.” I shrugged nonchalantly.

“You obviously said something because Nick’s date just left him and he looks beyond pissed.”

“Nick’s a drama queen. Let’s go dance.” I said as I walked onto the dance floor.

A cute guy instantly came over, introduced himself as Grant and began dancing with me. Dancing helped take my mind off of that stupid ginger who was across the room. I danced with Grant for a few songs before I excused myself for some air and went outside.

I leaned against the wall of the club and let the cool night air wash over my body. I heard the door to the club open but I paid no attention to it until someone suddenly stepped in front of me and put their arms on either side of my body, trapping me against the wall.

“What the fuck was that in there A.J.? You completely scared my date off with that stupid lie about me having herpes.” Nick growled.

I feigned innocence and said, “Oh my gosh. I am so sorry Nick. I didn’t mean to cock block you.”

“Don’t act so innocent. You knew exactly what you were doing. You had it all planned out.”

“Revenge is a bitch, isn’t it?” I smirked.

“And so are you.” Nick spat out and then continued, “Listen here sweetie, you don’t want to get into a war with me. You may have won this battle but you’ll just lose in the end.”

I had forgotten how sexy Nick was when he was angry. All I wanted to do was grab him by the collar and kiss him. I quickly shook that thought from my head and said, “Darling, your threats bore me. Now have a nice night, alone with your hand.”

With one last smirk I started off towards the door but not before I heard Nick say, “I didn’t want it to be this way Annie, I really didn’t.”

I whipped around and said, “Well you should have thought about that before you wrote that song about me. You started this and I won’t stop fighting until I win.”

I scanned the room for Becca when I went inside and walked towards here as soon as I found her.

“I’m ready to go.” I told her.

“Ok. What happened? I saw Nick follow you outside.”

“I’ll tell you later. Let’s just go.”

We walked towards her car and I told Becca the entire story of the night as we drove home. There was one part I left out though… I was still in love with Nick and seeing him there tonight with someone else hurt me. Part of me wanted Nick back but the rational part told me that it was too late for that to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Club Outfit
The revenge war has started :) I promise updates will eventually come faster.
Thanks to breaktheroutine, somebody_who_cares, and Yay It's Alex! for commenting.

Also I started a new story a little over a month ago and I forgot to mention it on here. It's called Uncharted Territory and it's a John O'Callaghan story with Kennedy Brock in it too (not a slash!). You should check it out :)