Status: Active

Heartbreak Warfare

Dearest Enemy, You Should Have Never Trusted Me

A couple weeks had passed since that night at the club and Nick and I had done a few other acts of revenge towards each other but nothing big. I was waiting for some sort of inspiration for my “big” act of revenge. I’m sure Nick was doing the same. That boy wasn’t dumb.

I was in my kitchen one morning making breakfast when I heard a crash coming from the other room. I picked up a knife and slowly walked into the room.

I rounded the corner and prepared to throw the knife at the intruder but stopped right in time.

“Don’t throw that at me!” The boy screamed as he ducked down, trying to avoid my knife.

“What the fuck are you doing in my house Halvo? You’re supposed to be in Arizona.”

“Well pretty lady the answer to that question is that Rocket is getting ready to go on another tour in a month so we’re all headed back to Maryland to practice. Justin and Andrew should be back tomorrow.”

“Ok, so I know why you’re back in Maryland but why are you in my house? And how did you get in?” I asked.

Halvo laughed and said, “I used the key that you hide under the mailbox. That’s a really bad hiding spot. Even I was able to figure that one out.”

“Why did you break into my house dumbass?” I asked, losing patience.

“I wanted to see you A.J. I missed you and I thought that you might have missed me too.” Halvo pouted.

I rolled my eyes and said, “I did miss you. Now come and give me a hug Eric. Next time use the doorbell though, ok?”

“You always ruin my fun. So are you and Nick still in the middle of your revenge war?”

“Yes, and I’m winning.”

“Really? Because when I asked Nick he said he was winning. I do have an idea how you could piss him off though.” Eric said with a sly smile.

“Sweet, tell me.”

“Well I was supposed to hang out with him all day but I can hang up with him anytime. How about I call Nick and tell him I can’t hang out today because I’m hanging out with you instead.”

“Eric, you’re a genius!”

Eric just smirked as he pulled out his phone and dialed Nick’s number. He explained to Nick about how he was going to hang out with me instead and I heard Nick cussing him out from the other end of the phone.

“That boy throws a bitch fit better than any girl I know.” Eric mumbled.

“Well thanks for doing this for me.”

“You know, the last girl I helped out showed me her appreciation in the bedroom.” Eric hinted.

“No.”

Eric shrugged and said, “It was worth a try. So what are we doing today?”

“Well you’re in luck Halvo because Becca and I were planning on going to the mall today. You can join us.”

Eric groaned but then said, “How bad can it be? Can we go to the record store?”

“If you’re a good boy.” I smirked.

The doorbell rang and I walked to the door to let Becca in.

“Are you ready for our shopping adventure?” Becca asked.

“Of course. Oh, and Halvo’s going with us.” I said.

“Why?”

Halvo had walked over to us at that point and said, “I’m going to pretend to be A.J.’s boyfriend for the day.”

“Yeah because a pretend girlfriend is the only kind you can get.” Becca laughed.

“Don’t make me toss you out of the car on our way to the mall bitch.” Halvo joked and Becca laughed even harder. The two of them always joked around like this. They acted as if they hated each other but in reality were really good friends.

I piped up and said, “You know Halvo if you want to be my pretend boyfriend for the day you’ll have to buy me stuff because that’s what boyfriends do.”

Halvo shook his head and said, “Never mind. I’ll just walk around and be your guys’ pimp.”

Becca laughed again and said, “Come on hoes. The mall opens soon and I want to get there before it gets busy.”
____________________________________________________________________________

The three of us had been shopping for over six hours so Becca and I kept our promise and took Halvo to the record store.

As soon as we arrived Halvo began running around the store and picking up CDs, listening to them over the headphones for a couple seconds and then picking up new ones. After five minutes he had at least twenty different CDs in his hands.

“That kid is so immature.” I said as I laughed at Halvo.

“I know! And he’s older than us. I feel more like his babysitter.” Becca scoffed.

“I wish my babysitters when I was younger had been as hot as you two.” Halvo said as he walked ran by us.

Becca and I just rolled our eyes at him and began looking at the CDs. We figured we might as well buy some new music since we were in here.

I was looking through the CDs and came across Rocket’s. I was curious but didn’t want Halvo or Becca to know that I was looking at it so I discreetly picked it up.

As soon as I did my heart dropped. I flipped the CD over and sure enough the song was right there. My eyes were instantly drawn to it, as if it was in a bigger font than all the other song titles.

I marched over to Halvo who was making his purchases at the register.

“What the fuck is this Halvo?”

He gave me a weird look and said, “It’s our CD. See it says A Rocket to the Moon on it right above the words On Your Side.”

“That boy is un-fucking-believable.”

“Who?” Halvo asked in confusion.

“Who do you think?! Nick! I have to go.” I said as I threw a fifty down on the counter to pay for the CD. “Shit, that’s all I have. Whatever, keep the change.”

“A.J. what’s wrong?” Becca asked as she came up to the two of us.

“I need to go. Can you drive me back to my apartment so I can get my car?”

“Sure. Come on Halvo let’s go.” Becca said. Thankfully she didn’t ask me anymore questions. She could see that I was obviously upset about something but didn’t want to talk about it.

We got to my apartment and I ran to my car. It was time to pay a visit to the ginger whose goal was to ruin my life. He was doing a good job at it too. I should have never trusted him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit
So any predictions on what has Annabelle so upset?
Thanks to skies-are-blue, Baby.Blue.Eyes, kapowerrzzz, breaktheroutine, and Yay It's Alex! for commenting! Sorry that I didn't personally thank you guys this time but I'm getting ready to go to the movies to see bad teacher and I really wanted to get this update out (btw I am already drooling over Justin Timberlake bahaha).