Status: In Process.

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong.

Show me everything you've got.

Once the girl was out of view I rubbed the back of my hand against my jeans.

Like I'd call her.

One, she wasn't my type

Two, well, she wasn't Maddie which was the real dilemma here.

"Get you a number?" I heard and looked up to see Maddie standing in front of me with a smirk.

I shrugged, "Yeah didn't want ta be rude."

"Sluts are not your type?" She asked and I knew she was joking.

I chuckled, "no. I mean, yeh the only slag I hang out with."

She gasped and I wrapped my arms around her waist, "I'm kiddin!"

"I'm not a slut."

"I know." I said with amusement as I pulled her to me.

"Worried I would find a bird?" I asked with a grin as I ran my thumb over her cheek lightly.

"No." She mumbled and I couldn't help but feel a little nervous from her answer.

"oh my gosh. Yeh were. Why?" I asked softly.

"Was not."

"So if I would have been like 'ok I'll go out wif yeh or shag yeh if possible' that would've been ok?"

"I mean...you do what you want...just because we live together doesn't mean anything." She said softly.

I sighed as I stared into her blue eyes, "Maddie..."

"Come on. Show starts soon." She said and I knew she was avoiding this from getting serious. I was sick of avoiding it though. Sick of how this felt. Sick of not being able to tell her that I was falling madly in love with her.

"Madelynn." I said sternly causing her to turn and look at me, "what?" she asked softly as she crossed her arms uncomfortably.

"Yeh the only girl in my life Maddie and I like it that way..." I said honestly, brushing the back of my hand against her cheek.

"That's stupid."

I smiled, "Is not." I said pulling her arms apart so I could link one of my hands with hers.

"Matt..."

"Madelynn."

She sighed and I kissed the top of her hand as we followed everyone inside. I needed to just tell her. I mean, her actions led me to believe some feelings were returned. I was a bit unsure though and I think that's what was holding me back.

"Gonna watch tha show?"

"Of course." She said rolling her eyes as we stopped by the side of the stage.

I kissed her cheek softly and released her hand before leaving her and walking to my drums.

Yeh such a bloke. Juss tell her." Jona said as he hooked up his guitar in front of me.

"Tell her what?"

"That yeh like her! We know it. Yeh know it. Tell her! Truss meh. Tha feelin is mutual. When that slag was hitting on yeh I fought she was gonna jump tha bird."

"Was not..."

"Yeh didn't see her. Ask Sarah."

I sighed and fiddled with my drum sticks. I was ready to just play so I could stop thinking about it for a bit.

Once the show started I had a good bit of time to clear my head and I felt relaxed once we walked off. I need that. Drumming is like my drug and now I know why.

I wiped my face with a towel as the boys followed behind. Of course it didn't take long for my eyes to find Maddie who was sitting with Sarah laughing.

"Gonna do it yeh coward?" Oli asked amusingly.

"fuck yeh." I mumbled..

"Yeh look like a lost pup." He said laughing.

I shot him a look and he shrugged.

"Matty loves Maddieeee." He teased and I pushed him before walking over to her.

I sat on the arm of the couch they were sitting on which caused her to look up at me.

"Good show." She said patting my leg.

"Fanks."

"Yeah your drumming isn't as shitty as discussed." Sarah said and I chuckled, "oh fanks."

"Go shower."

"Why?"

"Cause you're sweaty!"

"So?" I said with a grin.

"It's nasty."

"I'm not even touchin yeh!"

She shrugged and I looked down at her, "fine."

She gave me a smile and I leaned down kissing her cheek before I took off for the showers.

I mean in all honesty it already felt like she was my girlfriend. The only thing holding us back was the official title and a few serious kisses other than that nothing stood in the way. Then again, if my feelings weren't returned that could be what was standing in the way...

I quickly showered and put fresh clothes on and found the others on the side of the stage watching another band play. I came up behind Maddie and wrapped my arms around her. See, this was very boyfriend like and she allowed it which is what puts me in the situation I'm in. Do I tell her? Do I not? or do I just die from holding it in?

"You smell better." She stated and I chuckled, "I don't recall yeh sayin' I smelled bad..."

"You didn't I'm just saying it's better."

I pulled her closer to me and kissed her jaw as she watched the show. The show finally ended and I left the building hand in hand with Maddie. Nothing out of the ordinary until of course something was said.

"Why aren't yeh two togetha? I mean yeh mine as well be! Yeh bloody act like it!" Leave it to Oli to state that.

I quickly removed my hand from hers and I didn't even think of how that might have hurt her until it was too late and I instantly regretted it.

She rolled her eyes and I shoved my hands in my pockets feeling completely awkward now.

"We're juss friends..."

"Rellah? Well I wish I had a friend like her!"

"Yeah who'd need a girlfriend?!" Lee asked and I shook my head. Idiots.

"Are we going out?" Maddie asked and I knew it was to change the subject.

Apparently Sarah caught on as well because she spoke quickly, "Yeah! Lets go out."

"Wow, tha birds mentioned it before us. Alright. We shall go." Oli said with a grin as we reached Sarah's car.

"Normal spot?" I asked and Oli nodded.

"Need to know how to get there?" Jona asked her teasingly and I chuckled.

"Yes I know how to get there Jona."

"Well hell. I'll ride juss in case."

I gave a look to Maddie before following the others to Oli's car.

"Seriously Matty. I'm gonna laugh when she finds some bloke because yeh won't step up." Lee stated as we got in.

"Yeh one ta talk."

"Really? Cause I gotta date tomorra night."

"What?!" I asked jerking my head to the left to look at him.

"Yeah. I asked Sarah and she said yes."

I sighed and he patted my shoulder, "Man up mate."

"I'm scared."

"Why? She likes yeh!"

"What if she doesn't? I mean, it would make fings so weird and I'd ratha have her as my friend than nuffin."

"Yeh so blind! Dude, she likes yeh!" Oli said loudly.

"Yeh juss said dude!" Lee said and we began to laugh.

"Yeh Bird has rubbed off on meh..." he mumbled and I smiled, "she tends ta do that."

We finally arrived at the pub and of course we met the others at the door.

"Slow driver." Maddie said elbowing Oli who laughed, "Whateva."

"He said dude in the car!" Lee pointed out and Maddie smiled, "aweee."

"Sod off!" Oli yelled as we walked in and Maddie giggled before coming to a complete stop and yelling at someone.

I looked around and saw Josh turn around, trying to find the person who called his name. Once he found the source he smiled and walked over picking her up in a hug.

"Made-lynn." He said and she giggled.

I rolled my eyes and Lee elbowed me, "Jealous?", he asked with a smirk.

I ignored him and walked over to the bar leaving everyone standing there. Once I got a beer I sat down trying not to watch Maddie like I wanted to. But seeing her be all friendly and flirty with Josh wouldn't sit well with me and I knew that, so I just kept to myself staring at my bottle trying to sort through my thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is the last. :( I know, it makes me sad too.

thanks for the comments and subscribing. :)