Status: new story-comments please :)

Those Nights

She's Got You High



The rest of the morning went by quickly, I didn't get to talk to Elizabeth again after first period, she left the class before I could talk to her. But I continued on with my own classes. By 5th period our lunch break was in full mode. Tommy caught up with me just as I was leaving my locker.

"She had a boyfriend." He sighed, referring to the poor girl he went chasing after.

"Have you ever heard of something called courting?" I asked.

"Like a tennis court?" He asked. I could tell his stupidity was genuine.

I shook my head. "Nevermind."

He just brushed it off, "Let's go find Daniel, he told me he wanted to introduce his sister to us today. She's a senior but this is her first year at this school."

"I don't know, maybe another time, I'm just seriously not in the mood for school let alone meeting someone new." I sighed.

"Don't be such a downer, c'mon, maybe she's hot." He chuckled.

"Is that all you ever think about?" I lightly laughed.

We walked outside through the crowd of hundreds of students toward the fountain in the front. Our friend Daniel sat on the ground leaning against it, and then there she was. It was her, Elizabeth. She sat on the edge of the fountain above Daniel, she broke a sandwich in half and gave one half to him. Her smile was beautiful. So cheerful yet soft and friendly.

I slowed my pace for a moment, hesitating to go forward.

"What?" Tommy asked, throwing his arms up.

"Uh...uh I don't know." I stupidly replied, staring at her. She didn't notice me. But then again she probably didn't remember me.

"Well let's go, he's right there." Tommy chuckled, pulling me along. He called out Daniel's name, getting his attention. Dan smiled and waved us over.

"Hey man, whatsup? It's been a while." He cheerfully grinned, standing up.

"Nothin' much, just trying to survive the day." I smiled.

"Who's this pretty lady?" Tommy was looking Elizabeth up and down.

"Oh I'm sorry, this is my sister Elizabeth. Elizabeth, meet Tommy and Wills." Daniel chuckled.

"Hi Tommy, and I know you William, biology, first period." She grinned, shaking each of our hands.

"That's cool, you two already met." Daniel smiled.

"But I think we should get to know eachother better." Tommy put his arm around Elizabeth's shoulders.

"Keep a distance man, she's my sister." Daniel chuckled, pushing Tommy back. Daniel turned to his sister, "Don't trust this guy."

I laughed with them and tried my best not to stare at her.

"Why don't you chill with us." She smiled.

"Yeah, sure." I walked around Tommy and sat on the edge of the fountain with her and Daniel.

"So Elizabeth, you got a boyfriend?" Tommy asked her.

"Uh, can we talk about something that doesn't involve my love life." She chuckled.

"Yeah Tom." Daniel kicked him.

"So what grade are you in?" I asked her.

"Twelve." She replied.

"Cool, so what brings you to this school...so late in your high school life?" I chuckled.

"I lived in Australia for the past four years, with our Aunt and Uncle, so I went to school over there." She smiled.

"Wow, I was not expecting that. That's really cool." I grinned.

"Yeah, I thought it'd be a nice change of scenery to come back to L.A. I don't have to run away from man-eating spiders and box with kangaroos on the way to school." She laughed. I joined her in laughter.

"Well It's probably nice to go to school with your brother now." I smiled.

"I'm hoping so." She wrapped her arm around Daniel.

"So what class do we all have next?" She asked, looking at each of us with a smile.

"Stupid health class." Tommy rolled his eyes.

"Music." I answered.

"Hey, so do we! That's awesome, the three of us in a music class together." She grinned, nudging her brother in the ribs.

"Do you sing or play an instrument?" I asked her.

"Both, I play guitar." She replied.

"That's really cool, so do I." I grinned.

"Whoa, that's really awesome, dude this class is gonna be epic." She laughed.

I smiled.

"So William, are you gonna serenade me?" She chuckled.

"Uh, I don't know." I replied in a very staccato voice.

"Well I'm gonna have to eventually hear you sing sometime." She smiled at me. She had a perfect smile, her blue eyes sparkled brightly in the sun as a strand of hair she had placed behind her ear earlier fell in front of her face. She cheerfully put it back in place and then began humming She's Got You High to herself as she turned and listened to Daniel and Tommy bantering. I was surprised she knew the song. I was surprised anyone knew it. But then again, I did say she was different. Her humming left a sweet ringing in my head, I smiled softly at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
hello there my lovelies :)
comments and subscriptions are appreciated :D

i changed the character names!