Status: new story-comments please :)

Those Nights

Party

--------There I was again tonight
Forcing laughter, faking smiles
--------Same old tired, lonely place

Walls of insincerity
--------Shifting eyes and vacancy
Vanished when I saw your face

-----All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you


I had been at Kyle's house for the party with Tommy and some of our other friends. It was about 11pm and already the majority of the people here were completely wasted. Loud music was blaring on the speakers, the bass too loud to hear what was being sung. In different rooms of the house, different scenarios were going on; spin the bottle had turned into a full on make out, strobe lights in another, the host passed out in the living room, girls dancing on tables...chaos.

"What do you think?" My friend David asked me.

"It's alright, a little boring." I chuckled before I took a drink of soda.

"Oh look, a keg stand is starting up." Tommy grinned, he had his eye on one of the girls taking the stand.

"So Tom, where's this girl that you said Will is head over heels for?" David chuckled as he elbowed him.

"I don't know, her brother's here, maybe she didn't come." Tommy squinted, looking around the room.

"What? Tommy what did you tell him?" I sighed, giving him the look of death.

"Are you talking about Dan's little sister?" David asked Tommy.

"There she is!" Tommy grinned. "Isn't she gorgeous? Perfect for our boy Wills."

"She sure is, Will you got yourself a nice girl." David patted my shoulder.

I chuckled and shook my head. She was simply beautiful. She smiled and laughed as she conversed with the some people in the kitchen, and when she walked her dress swayed, as she danced across the room. Her long dark brown hair fell perfectly over her shoulders.

"Wills!" A sharp whisper was in my ear. I was startled back to reality by Tommy.

"Sorry man, but I want you to go talk to Elizabeth." He said, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"No, she's talking to someone else right now." I shrugged his hand off my shoulder.

"C'mon Wills, just go say 'hi'." He replied.

"No, I'll talk to her tomorrow."

"You've left us no choice." He laughed, then he and David each held me by a shoulder and shoved across the room toward her. She was faced away from me talking to someone else, and just as I was about to tap her shoulder, a sudden feeling of shyness came over me. My heart raced and my palms were getting sweaty. I quickly turned around and was about to walk back, but she saw me.

"Will!" She cheerfully spoke, her voice was like an angel's.

I turned around and looked down at her, her familiar bright blue eyes looked up at me and sparkled in the lighting. I smiled. "Hello Elizabeth, I was gonna -I saw you- I- I came over here to-to uh? To say 'hi'." I couldn't stop stuttering.

"I was wondering when you would." She grinned.

I smiled.

"Do you wanna get outta here? Partying ain't my thing." She smiled.

"Yeah, that's the best idea I've heard this evening." I smiled.

I put my hands in my pockets as we walked through the crowd to the door and went outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
hello my lovelies, what do you think?

anything you'd like for me to include in the future?