Status: new story-comments please :)

Those Nights

Beautiful

The following week, Elizabeth and I were inseparable. She had managed to become one of the popular girls in the school by hanging out with us, and she didn't need half a can of hairspray in her hair or a pound of makeup on her face to do it. but the main reason why she instantly became known to everyone was because she was an people-person, she was friends with everybody: from the geeks to the football team, loners to the teachers, richies to us guys (which was the group I hung with). Everyone. The first week she was Dan's little sister, now she's Elizabeth Bennett, part of my group. And I couldn't be happier.

It was Friday night, Dan went with Tommy and David to yet another party which I opted out of, so I called up Elizabeth and asked if she wanted to go hang out at the beach. She agreed and suggested that we bring our guitars.

I drove to her house which was about 2 blocks from the beach, so we just walked.

"What do you wanna do after high school?" I asked her as we approached the beach.

She shrugged her shoulders and looked up at me with a smile, "It's kinda ridiculous, you'll only laugh."

"No I won't, what is it?" I smiled back.

She hesitated then with a grin she sat down in the sand, "I wanna be an artist/photographer/singer." She giggled as she played with the sand.

My smile turned into a grin as I sat down next to her, "Really?" 

She nodded. "I love painting, I love taking photos, I love making music. They're really the only things that make sense in my life."

"That sounds really perfect for you." I softly smiled.

She lightly laughed. "What do you wanna do?" She asked me, drawing a question mark in the sand. I smiled and drew one next to it. 

"That's just it. I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well what is it that you're good at? or like to do?"

"I like singing and playing guitar...but I don't know it I'd make that a career." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You know, I haven't heard you sing yet, you should sing for me." She smiled, leaning back.

I kinda blushed as I pushed my hair back. "Yeah alright, but I'm not sure what to sing." I laughed to myself.

"Sing Free Bird!" She laughed. "Do you write your own songs?"

"Yeah."

"Well sing your newest one." She cheerfully grinned.

I smiled at her for a moment and rubbed the back of my neck. I was hesitant but I just laughed to myself and nodded. "Alright."

I held my guitar close to me, looking down at my fingers placed on the strings, holding the neck nervously. I lifted my eyes and met hers, watching me thoughtfully and curiously. I smiled, then cleared my throat. Strumming the first chords I began:

"I can hear my train comin'
It's a lonesome and distant cry
I can hear my train comin'
Now I'm runnin' for my life
What makes a man walk away from his mind?
I think I know
I think I might know

I can feel the wind blowin'
It's sending shivers down my spine
I can feel the wind blowin'
It shakes the trees and the power lines
What makes a man spend his whole life in disguise?
I think I know
I think I might know

I think I might know
I think I might know, oh oh

I can see the sun settin'
It's casting shadows on the sea
I can see the sun, it's setting
It's getting colder, starting to freeze
What makes a man want to break a heart with ease?
I think I know
I think I might know

I think I might know
I think I might know, oh oh

Well I can hear my train comin'
Looks like time is not on my side
Well I can hear my train comin'
I'm still runnin' for my life
What makes a man pray, when he's about to die?
I think I know
I think I might know

I think I might know
I think I might know, oh oh, oh oh

I think I might know
I think I might know, woah oh"


During the song, I couldn't help but watch her, studying the beautiful and delicate features of her face. The natural pink hue of her cheeks, her full lips, her mysterious eyes that seemed as if she wanted to know something or as if she was searching for something; filled with wonder and curiosity. As I strummed strings softly, finishing the song, she smiled softly and held her breath.

"That was beautiful." She whispered. I blushed and looked down.

"It's probably one of the most personal and hardest songs I've ever written...I've never played it for anyone before." I half-smiled, dropping my head to the side as I looked at her.

"You're a beautiful person William, and I love and appreciate the fact that you played it for me." She placed her hand on mine. I laced my fingers through hers and watched our hands.

"You're beautiful." I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait,
what do you think? :)

Outfits



Song Credit to What Makes A Man? by City and Colour