Love Is Such a Crazy Thing

Lost Without You.

We were still at the restaurant eating lunch when I saw Derek walk in. I looked up from my lunch and stared at him for a minute.

"Oh there's Derek." I said.

"Where?" My sister looked up and saw him standing with the hostess and a woman approach him from behind and hugged him. He craned his neck and kissed her. I swallowed hard and looked away. I didn't hear Asia get up and she walked to the them. I looked back to her and saw her walking towards the two.

"Fuck." I got a hundred dollar bill and put it on the table. As I walked over I could hear Asia.

"What the hell are you doing here with her Derek?" Asia asked.

"Having lunch." He said.

"Who the is hell is this?" The woman asked.

"I am his sister-in-law, you do know you are sleeping with a married man?" She pointed out. Derek looked at me kind of shocked as I finally reached what would be a crime scene if I didn't intervene fast.

"That's enough Asia." I said.

"Honestly I don't care. If he loved his wife so much he wouldn't be with me." The bitch had the nerve to actually say that.

"You better watch yourself bitch. Do not let the cute dress fool you. I will beat the living shit out of you." I gritted out getting her face. That's when I saw behind her huge sunglasses at who she was it dawned on me. This was Daniel's fiancee.

"Why are you all up in my face?" It also occurred to me that she wasn't smart at all.

"I know you." I said.

"What?" She asked. Beautiful but definitely lacking in the brains department.

"I know you because I know your fiancee. Oh this is getting to be too good. Derek don't worry about the divorce. I will sign the papers and be in court. Bye Miliani and I'll tell Daniel hello for you." I said as I walked away. Asia grinned in her face and walked away.

***

Later on that night...

I didn't get to talk to Daniel at work after lunch but I did text to meet me at the place. I was actually watching t.v. for once. I was so distracted about telling Daniel the truth that I almost didn't hear the knocking on my door. I got up slowly knowing it was Daniel and walked over to the door. I opened it to see him looking tired.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." He said. I backed up letting him in. He walked in and let out a sigh.

"You look drained." I said.

"I was in an argument when I got home with Miliani. She wants to push up the wedding date. I gave in so the wedding is next month." He said and sat down.

"Really?" I said getting upset.

"Unless you give me good reason not to marry her I'm going through with it." He said.

"You really do love her don't you?" I asked.

"Not more than I've ever loved you but you won't be with me so what can I do?" He said looking defeated.

I walked over and sat next to him.

"I have something to tell you." I said.

"What's that?" I looked into his eyes and realized I couldn't tell him.

"I love you but we can't be together. I will always love you and I want you to be happy but if you are with me, there will be too much drama to handle."

"What?" He asked.

"It's true." I said as I leaned forward and gave him a long kiss. His arms wrapped around my waist and tried to hold me but I moved out of his embrace and got up.

"Nikki, if I walk out of the door this is completely over and I'm not coming back." He threatened.

"I know and it's going to kill me but it has to be done." I said.

He looked at me one last time before walking to the door and then walking out.

I just lost the best thing there was in this life for me and I wasn't sure if I would ever forgive myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nikki