Sequel: The Simple Love Story
Status: Finished. <3

Absolutely Hate You

Finally

Image

"Okay thanks for pointing out what I already know." I said to Lexi over the phone.

"I mean… I'm sorry but you are! You're giving the guy a hard time." She said.

"He gave me a hard time ever since the age of 10." I said to her. She groaned.

"Oh dear lord, let it go Die." She said to me. I bit my lip.

"I…. I guess you're right. I just.. I can't let it go." I said to her.

"Okay, so he made fun of you and ignored you… so what he was 10! Boys at that age tend to be that way to every girl the meet." She reasoned. I shrugged to myself.

"I don't know. But I can't do anything now.. he's been ignoring me." I said to her.

"Him ignoring you or you ignoring him? I mean you left him hanging." She said. Lexi is such a great friend.. note the sarcasm.

"God… Lexi can you defend me and not him. I feel like shit already." I said.

"I'm sorry Die… I just… you're making it difficult when it isn't…" She said worried for me. At least she's sincere.

"Okay… maybe I am. But even if I do date him… there's not a chance that we would be happy. My personality is horrible and his is too. And the fact that he's good-looking. He would probably cheat on me after getting tired of my hideous face." I said.

"Okay, one: you're not a horrible person nor do you have a horrible personality. Two: you're not fuckin' hideous. Jessica Cherns is hideous." Lexi said over the phone… I couldn't help but laugh a bit. It was mean of us criticizing Jess Cherns this way but she is a very MEAN person. Or should I say demon.

I sighed. "I'm going to go over there and try to say something. Talk to you later." I said and she said bye then we hung up.

I stood up and put on shorts and a cardigan. It's been a week since I spoke to him… after the thing. It wasn't like he kissed me or anything. I mean, I did kiss his arm… then bit him. Maybe I ignored him because I am really embarrassed that I did that to him. I put on sandals and walked over to his house. I rang the doorbell then stood there. I think I should run for it… I mean I still can… but he'd see me. The door opened to see a disheveled Mac.

"Hey." He said groggily. It was the morning.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"No." He said looking straight. I was rejected… okay it felt horrible.

I sighed, "Listen Mac… I'm sorry." I said.

"For what?" He asked still looking hard at me.

"For…." I said my voice trembled, "For… leaving you hanging. I didn't mean to… I guess. I just.." I said then ran my fingers through my hair. What am I supposed to say.

"Yea.. leaving me hanging." He said then went outside and stood there with me. His arms folded across his body.

"It's just.. I am weird." I said.. there was nothing to say.. saying I'm weird explains it all.

Mac apparently took it funny and laughed his ass off.

"Wow, thanks... I call myself weird and you laugh your ass off." I said.

"You should've seen your face when you said that. It looked so funny." I glared at him. Things are good now?

"You're so mean." I said and folded my arms and just looked at him. He stopped then looked at me.

"Are you going to bite me again? Because if you are I am up for it… it's kind of sexy." He said and grinned. This jerk.

"You're so…. weird!" I said.

"You confessed you are one too so we're match made in heaven." He said. I sighed and laughed a bit. He's being a total dork but it was cute.

"You want to come in? I am making breakfast." He said.

"Thought you'd never ask..." I said and we went into his house. Unlike my one story house… Mac's was two story. His house was really nice too, mine was really… plain. His mom likes interior designing so she does a lot of stuff with their house.

"So, where's your parents?" I asked as I sat down on a chair at their island.

"Work, my mom had to go on a business trip and dad went along… so it's not really business more like vacation without Mac." He said and made eggs.

"Oh, I'm sorry.. at least you get to have the house to yourself." I said. "How long have they been gone?" I asked.

"Three days now.. why? Are you going to break in and rape me?" he joked.

"Pshh, nooo. I could ask some random girl at school if they want to and they'd pay me about 50 bucks." I said.

"Wow, nice to know that I'm 50 bucks to you." he said sarcastically. I laughed.

"No… you're more of 10 bucks." I said jokingly.

"Hmm, you literally just took a knife and pierced it though my beating heart." He said.

"Psh, dramatic much?" I asked. He placed a plate of eggs in front of me. It smelled really good.

"Weird, much?" He sassed back at me. I ate my eggs and looked at him at the same time. He looked so cute… his hair is everywhere. He was standing so he lazily pitched his fork to the eggs... his skinny wrist. His mouth moving… okay this is weird. I am weird... I have a fetish for skinny slender wrists on men. I know what you're probably thinking, that's really weird. But hey, I already admitted my weirdness.

"So, what are you going to do today?" He asked me. I shrugged.

"It's the weekend, I'm surprised that you're awake early." I said.

"Wow, creeper. Have you been stalking me sleeping on the weekends?" he asked.

"No! I would never do such thing." I said.

"Oh, it that why you're looking at me while I'm eating eggs?" He asked looking at me with his eyebrow raised. I gaped.

"Y-y-you… I-I -I…." I was shocked and embarrassed. He noticed me staring at him?

"No need to explain." He said and grinned at me. I looked down at my food and continued eating. I was probably really red.

"Hey, let's hang out today… like together.. you know?" He said. I looked at him. His blue eyes stared hopefully at me. I tried to do it cool so I shrugged.

"Sure. Why not." I said.

He started laughing.

"What?" I asked.

"Are you trying to act cool? Cause if you are it isn't working… you're red as a tomato." He said.

"What's with you? Why are you embarrassing me?!?!? From me looking at you.. and now this???" I asked angrily.

"Hey.. I didn't make you stare at me and I didn't make you try to act cool." He said still grinning.

"YES! Yes, you did. You just had to be so… good looking and… you made me nervous with your personality and everything.. I-I…" I said and smacked my hand to my forehead. What did I just say?

He was quiet and looked at me.

"You think I am good looking? Well I don't blame you." He said. He took my wrist and pulled my hand away from my forehead. I looked up at him to see him smiling at me. Then he kissed my forehead.

"I'm going upstair for a quick shower. Just place your plate in the sink." He said and left to go upstairs. I sighed. I touched the place he kissed me. I bit my lower lip.

"I'm finished." He said. I was sitting on the island waiting. I was so bored I even washed the dishes.

"Let's watch Spiderman." He said. He grabbed my hand and we headed towards the couch. I didn't pull my hand away from his. I sat on the couch as he went to pull out his collection of DVD's.

"One, two or three?" He asked looking back at me.

"Let's just watch the beginning. We have all day." I said. He nodded and placed in the DVD. He ran back to the couch and jumped on the couch making me bounce. He sat in comfortably and took the remote and turned on the tv.

We sat there watching. His arms was slumped on the couch.. it didn't touch my shoulders. What did we have? He's nice and cute to me but… I don't know. Maybe I am taking this too seriously and putting the seriousness in the wrong path. I am just making it hard.. it's not his fault nor anyone else's but mine. I looked over at him. His eyes were glued to the TV.

Should I do something?

What if I moved towards him a little?

Maybe he would move away…

Should I just kiss him?

Pshh, yea right.. like I'm that bold… such a joke.

I felt the couch moving. I looked over to a yawning Mac. He then took it upon himself to lay down and place his feet on my lap.

I glared at him… am I his… foot pillow? I could see the corner of his lip threatening to curve but he kept a straight face.

He wants to play games? Fine then, two can play games.

I yawned then laid like he's doing.. I place my feet on his lap… well okay not his lap.. my legs were too short so it laid on his thigh… just 2 inches away from his crotch. He took this time to put his big toe on my cheek!

Goddamnit… I'm going to destroy you Mac Kohner. I tickled his foot…. guess who's not ticklish.

"Are you serious? You too??" I asked as I kept tickling his foot.

"It feels nice. Keep going." He said. I rolled my eyes and sat up. I then sat on the floor and placed my back back towards the couch.

"Hey… we were having such a good time." He said smiling.

"No, it wasn't fair." I said.

"How so?" He asked sounding amused.

"Because.. my legs are short and yours is very long." I said.

"Awww.. is someone upset that they're a midget." He asked.

"Stop it… you're offending midgets." I said. He stood up and sat next to me on the floor. He took advantage of my hair. He started twirling it and feeling it. He started massaging my scalp too… it felt nice.

"Your hair is really soft." He said. I looked up at him smiling. I placed my hands on his head and felt his hair.

"Yours is too. I like it… don't get a freakin haircut that gives me a heart attack." I said to him.

"As long as you wish…" He said smiling.

"You must use that line with all the girls don't you?" I asked him

"Maybe.. but I wouldn't tell you." He said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because you might be jealous." He said. I laughed… well in disguise.. I was really jealous and mad at the fact that he uses this line with other girls.

"Pshhh, no." I said.

"Well.. I know you're lying because your face is red and you usually do your "pshh" when you're nervous." He said grinning at me then twirled my hair.

I sighed… "Is it that obvious?" I asked.

"Yep." He said and laughed a bit.

"So, do you?" I asked.

"Do what?" He questioned.

"Say that line with other girls." I said.

"No.. I made it up just recently." he said grinning.

"Okay..." I said and looked back at the tv.

"What... you think I'm lying?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said. He stopped playing with my hair and went back to looking at the TV like I was… after a moment, well hour, when the movie ended I took up the guts to ask this...

"Do you like me?" I asked him, I took up bravery to turn my head towards him. He was looking at me too. Our faces were close.. I could feel his air.

"… what if I do?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Maybe… there's a good chance that we can…" I said looking into his eyes. He was silent.

"I heard what you said." I confessed.

"What?" He asked confused.

"I was awake when you… kind of confessed." I said and looked away from him.

"Oh… I… well you caught me…. I am.. harboring feelings for you." He said, now he was red and shy.

"Harboring… so you're not sure?" I asked him.

"I am sure. I just… I don't know why." He said.

I laughed slightly. "You don't know why you have feelings for me?" I asked and looked down.

"I do.. you're silly and weird. You're grounded. You don't go around flaunting your chest. You don't walk around with that heavy make up shit. You don't dye your hair. You're sarcastic and you don't have that boyfriend reputation. You're far from the girls I've dated.. you're different from them and also the fact that you're kind of cute…" He said. I bit my lower lip.

"Kind of cute?" I asked. "Thanks." I said.

"I don't know how to say this without scaring you away like all those other times when I try to make a move." He said reminiscing.

"I promise I won't run and leave yelling 'bloody murderer'." I said.

"Ok, well that reassures me that you aren't." He said grinning

"Come on tell me." I said.

"Well, all the stuff I tried you somehow didn't notice. Like once I was running past you and I was shirtless.. you barely noticed. I tried making you jealous once at the lockers when you passed but you didn't see me either. I tease you and it makes you hate me more. I mean all of those things worked on the other girls." He said.

"Okay. Is it just me or you're in your world of stupidity?" I asked.

"I have no idea either." He sighed and leaned back onto the couch. He ran his fingers through his hair in defeat.

"Girls aren't all the same." I said to him.

"Yea, I guess. But seriously? Am I not your type?" He asked me.

"No.. I just.." I said.. I am loss at words.

"Mac.. I never dated a guy. I make friends with guys… I just… when you started doing all those things it made me feel uncomfortable, along with the fact that I hated you. Also you were hot so that made me not like you more..." I said.

"Okay… I thought girls went for hot guys…? Am I stupid now?" He asked concerned. I laughed. He looked so cute right now.

"Okay.. it doesn't matter anymore. I just want to do this right now." I said and leaned towards him. I then closed my eyes and went for it... I tried not thinking at all. I smashed my lips on his warm soft ones. I pulled away and looked at him. He opened his blue eyes all excited and nervous.

"I wanted to do that too for awhile now." he said smiling to me.

"Good we're on the same page… finally." I said and laughed a bit. He then dived in for another but I stopped him.

"I'm not like those other girls you do know that right?" I said to him.

"Yes. I wouldn't want it any other way." He said smiling. He went and put in the second Spiderman and sat back down to me. We were still on the floor because we apparently want to stay in the cozy moment. He snaked his arm around me and held me.

It felt uncomfortable for me but I started leaning into him more. He was tall so he wasn't dragging me down or anything.

"Finally." He whispered. I laughed a bit.. he looked at me with a grin.

"I can hear you." I whispered to him.

"Good… you understand." he said. I rolled my eyes and we watched the coolest movie ever.

"Why do you not like hot guys?" He asked.

"Should it matter?" I asked.

"No... no it shouldn't." He said smiling.