Sequel: The Simple Love Story
Status: Finished. <3

Absolutely Hate You

Race to the goal.

Image

"Hey, mom." I greeted her as she went to the counter to place the groceries down. I went to the car and helped bring some stuff in.

"So, how was your date last night?" I asked cautiously.

She looks up at me, "It was.... Interesting. He's a biochemical engineer." She said.

"Wow, I do not know what that is... Where did you meet him?" I asked.

"Starbucks. I did what every middle age woman did to get a date... I bumped into him and spilled my coffee on him." She said. I smiled, only my mom would make that a joke.

"How old is he?" I asked.

"40." She said as she placed the foods in the cabinet and refrigerator.

"Is it handsome? Cute? Old looking?" I asked.

"He's okay... What's with all these questions, Anne?" She asked. She was now propped on the counter giving me the "what's going on" look.

"I'm just asking... I'm just interrogating you. Nothing big." I said cooly and grabbed some cans to place in the cabinet near me.

"Oh, well thank you." She said sarcastically.

"Anne, are you okay with me dating again? Because... Last time you didn't take it so well, honey." She said to me. I looked over to her.

"Mom, I was 12 then... I didn't understand that moms can date around. I'm mature now... I understand. And... I'm fine with it." I said. I breathed.

"Okay. Well I'm tired and I have to go to work later. I'm taking a nap." She said and left towards her room.

I stood there watching my mom leave. I remember when I was 12 and she brought a guy home at night. I was in my room on the computer playing random games. I heard the keys dangle and knew it was mom. Before I could open the door I heard grunting and moaning. I took my lamp and went out into the dark house. I saw this man, "attacking" my mom. In the drive of the moment I took my lamp and hit him in the leg... Then his shoulders.. And almost his head. My mom stopped me then and explained what happened. I cried afterwards finding out my mom was kissing someone other than my dad. The guy went to the hospital, he didn't press charges. And he never came back over ever again.

I started laughing at the memory. I was so vicious.

I looked up at the clock. It was Wednesday, Mac's race! I grabbed my cardigan and bag then went to the car. I drove off to school. It was pretty crowded so far. I went to a closer seat because my eyes sucked. I looked down to see Mac stretching.

"Hey. Ugly!" I hollered to him from the stands. Mac's head whipped around trying to search for my voice... Along with other angry people on the ground near him. I waved my hand and Mac's eyes met mine, he gave me a smirk.

"You're here, Hideous." He said walking near me while looking up. I smiled.

"Who's the tall one now?" I asked and smirked. He grinned.

"Still me. Are you going to wish me luck?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I don't think you need it." I said.

"I know... But I still want to hear you say it to me." He said.

I heard some people saying "aw" in the back. I turned around to see girls looking dreamily at Mac and I. I laughed a bit then looked back at Mac.

"I won't say good luck but I'll say something else." I said, smiling.

"It is...?" he asked.

"Well, I'm not going to tell you unless you win." I said.

"Oh, I see what you're doing... I think I'll go along with it." He said. I smiled.

"Kohner, get you butt over here." His coach yelled. I waved him off and he just smiled at me and walked to his coach.

"I see you're dating him now." I heard a voice say... It was all too familiar. My eyes met it... Kain.

"It's none of your concerns." I said harshly.

"I am your bestfriend." He said.

"No.. My bestfriend left awhile ago. You're just a guy I used to know." I said.

"Die, please.. Can we just forget about it?" He asked.

"Are you still dating her?" I asked. Kain looked down.

"Yea." He said and then placed his hands in his pocket.

"We have nothing to say to each other then." I said.

"Please. Die. I don't want to lose you. Please, I'll tell her to be nicer to you." He begged.

"I don't know." I said and looked away.

I could see Mac walking onto the track. He was getting into position. He looked over at me. I smiled at him. He assured himself then went back to concentration.

"He finally did it." Kain said suddenly, I looked over at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused at his statement.

"He finally told you how he felt." Kain said.

"What are you talking about?" I wasn't sure of what he's saying. Maybe he has gone crazy because of Jenny.

"Well you guys are together now so you definitely know what I'm talking about." Kain said.

"Yea... Well. Thanks for telling me." I said to him.

Kain laughed his dorky laugh, "Well, you hated him. All you ever said was, 'I hate his guts' and 'I will murder him in the dead of the night' how was I supposed to know you liked him?" He said.

"Well, you could've at least told me..." I said.

"Psh, you would've tortured him to death about it." Kain said.

I thought about it.. He was right. If Kain had told me I would've tortured Mac about it.. Then he'd end up hating me.

"You're right. I would've... Thanks." I said.

"You're welcome.. Are we best friends again?" Kain asked me. I looked up at him.

I shook my head, "Hi, my name is Dianna Tailor. My favorite band is the Maine, All Time Low, and Walk the Moon. " I said and held my hand out for him.

"Hi, the names Kain, like the walking stick but spelled cool. My favorite bands are Escape the Fate, Nirvana, and The Dixie Chicks." He said. I laughed.

"I still hate the Dixie Chicks." I said.

"Yea... well... Live with it." He said. I smiled and hugged him.

"Go!!!" I cheered loudly for Mac as he ran. He was like a Cheetah.

"Show them what you're made of!" Kain cheered along with me. I laughed. Mac was head on head with our rival school runner, Frank Livera.

"Go Mac!!!!!" I screamed. Frank was a couple feet ahead. I got really nervous... But I knew that Mac would win.

"Come on Mac!!!" I could hear everyone chanting his name. Then just 7 feet from the finish line... Frank was ahead...

But suddenly Mac beat him!

He won!!!

Mac won!

I screamed and jumped. I hugged Kain! My best friend. I smiled so wide.

Mac looked or me and his eyes landed on me. I smiled and sent him a blow kiss. He pretended to catch it and held it to his heart.

I bit my lower lip. That stupid head.

"Good job." I said to him. We were at the car, it passed an hour already... An hour of him getting showered with compliments and people congratulating him.

"Hmm, thank you." He said sweetly to me.

"So, what do I get?" He asked putting his arm around me. He had a jacket on to mask his sweaty-ness.

"Hmm?" I asked confused.

"My goal, I won. What do I get?" He asked.

"Well... I'll give it to you once we get home." I said looking around.

Kain was next to Jenny, she had a arm around his waist. His arm was around her smiling happily. He looked over to me and gave the biggest smile. I smiled back and waved to him, Mac did too.

I looked up at Mac and kissed his cheek... I had to tip-toe to do so. His face was sweaty but... He deserved it.

"That's it?" He asked.

"Isn't it enough?" I questioned.

"Yea." He moped. I laughed at his reaction.

I tippy-toed again and reach up to him. I wrapped my fingers around his neck and pulled him down towards to where my lip was waiting.

We kissed and then pulled away.

"Get a room." Frank Livera said while passing us with his group of friends around him. He gave Mac a smirk and waved. I stood there embarrassed half to death while Mac waved back and smiled.

When they walked away, we laughed together and then went to the car.