Sequel: The Simple Love Story
Status: Finished. <3

Absolutely Hate You

It's Alright.

Image

"Who's your hero.. Like a person you look up to." Mac asked
"Um, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Xavier." I said. "The movie version of Charles Xavier. X-Men and First Class. I remember when I saw Charles Xavier played by James Mcavoy in First Class. I wanted to be the mother of his children." I said dreamily.
"What?!? Hey, didn't I go with you to see X-Men First Class?" Mac raised and eyebrow at me. I grinned cheekily.
"What I have hots for hot superheros! Well except Ryan Reynolds but yea." I said.
"So you don't have hots for me?" He asked shocked.
"Yea, pretty much." I said.
"Well why did you kiss me?" He asked.
"Well, we're dating. Aren't we supposed to kiss each other?" I asked confused.
"No... Our first kiss." He said grinning at me. I remembered... I did the first move.
"I felt bad for you." I said.
"Wasn't I your enemy? Don't you like seeing your enemies in sadness?" He asked.
"Well apparently those whole three previous months you taken care of me and then became my friend.. I hated you but the thought of you just.. Messed me up. It ruined my wanting of revenge against you." I said. He smiled.
"Three months? It was more like four months." He said. I bit my lips.
"Well, you guys have a romantic love life…" We both looked up at the podium where Mr. Gregory stood. Forgot he was even there or that we're in the classroom, for detention.
"Thank you.. should I say the same for you dude?" Mac said. I hit Mac's arm. "Ow." He winced.
"You don't call your teachers, dude." I said.
"Well, I was lost because I have been looking at you for so long." He said. I rolled my eyes at his comment… I didn't know if it was sincere or not.
"It's okay. I'm just really handsome and young, that's why your boyfriend here decided to call me 'dude'." Mr. Gregory said sleeking his hair back ravishingly.
"Ugh, dear lord. You're like him too." I said to Mr. Gregory.
"Like who?" He asked amused in his amazing english accent.
"This bum." I said pointing my thumb at Mac. Mr. Gregory laughed.
"I am utterly offended." Mac said dramatically.
"Be a man." I said to him.
"I've tried.. it's just been difficult since you won't give in." He said grinning.
"You sick…Ugh!" I said groaning and whacked his arm once more.
"Anyways.. KIDS. I have a date so I'll have to cut your detention." He said.
"Wait, so we can go finished?" I asked.
"Yea. Why not?" He asked.
"Nothing. Nothing, thanks Mr. G." Mac said and guided me out. I looked back the Mr. Gregory packing, he was shaking his head lightly and smiling.
"He's really cool." Mac said.
"Yea.. I guess. Let's just go home.. I'm tired." I said leaning my head lightly upon his shoulder.
"The pasta is really good, babe." Mac said. I smiled. He was staying over for a bit since my mom's on a date and his parents are gone again.
"Thank you. It's so sweet of you to compliment my canned food." I said smiling.
"Lies.. I know you made this." He said.
"Fine. Well thanks. Whatever." I said.
"Wow, I feel great for complimenting you." He said sarcastically.
"Don't be like that." I said.
"Like what? Being sweet to you? Die, I've complimented everything about you. How you act, how you look, and how you are.. I have.. but you keep putting that down or ignoring it. What's wrong?" He asks me.
"Nothing. I just…" I said and sighed.
"Tell me, I won't bite you." He said gently but joking at the same time.
"I don't want to expect anything." I said.
"I don't understand." He said looking at me deeply.
"No, I mean.. Mac.." I said.
"Just say it.. I won't be mad." He said.
"I don't want to expect anything from you." I said.
"How does that make you not accept compliments or endearment.. all the other girls loved it." He said.
"Because…if I take in that you will always compliment me.. then I will always expect that. And what if you don't one day? I don't want it getting to my head." I said.
"You're a very silly girl, you know that?" He asked. I frowned. He placed his hand on my face and caressed my cheek with his thumb.
"Don't kid around with this.. I'm being serious with you." I said, he just smiled! Again.
"I'm not. I just want you to know that you're very weird…" He said smiling, I was mad now, "But.. I think you're the only girl that I'll enjoy complimenting… sometimes." He said smiling at me. I can't help but smile so wide. I put my face in my hands and shook my head fast.
"I feel so stupid." I muffled in my hands.
"How?" He asked and lifted my head up.
"Because.. I'm so dramatic." I said.
"It's all good." He said and pecked me in the lips.

Mac and I ended up watching tv. We were watching this one show called Love in the Wild. It was… interesting. The doorbell rang.
"I'll get it." I said.
"How about I come with you?" He asked raising an eyebrow.
"Oh, how so chivalrous." I said and we went to the door. I opened to see Lexi's back. She turned around she was crying.
"Lexi." I said surprised. She ran into my arms very suddenly. She started sobbing. "What's wrong Lex?" I asked. I looked at Mac, he was pretty shocked too.
"I'll go get some tea for you." He said and ran off to the kitchen.
"Come on, let's go to my room." I said and I helped her to my room. We sat down on my bed and I gave her some tissues. "So, what's wrong?" I asked.
"My.. mom." She said crying more.
"Oh, what's wrong with her?" I asked worried.
"Nothing.. I hate her." She said.
"What did she do?" I asked.
"She's… She is… " Lexi sobbed more.
"What?" I asked and placed my hand on hers.
"She's cheating.. She's cheating on my dad." Lexi sobbed.
"Oh, Lexi." I said and wanted to hug her but she stood up and walked around. She had a tissue in her hand, her face was red and teared.
"No.. I just… I hate her so much. I really hate her." Lexi said. "You know what I have been doing? I've been lying to my father! I've been covering for her. I had to take care of my younger siblings.. I can't handle it anymore." Lexi poured her heart out.
"Is that why you've been so busy?" I asked. Lexi nodded and cried.
"And you wouldn't believe who she's with!" Lexi sobbed.
"You don't have to tell me if it hurts." I said.
"MR. GREGORY!" Lexi said so angry. I was shocked. I heard something dropped. I think Mac heard too or he was being reckless.
"Your mom showed you?" I asked.
"No, I caught them in the act." Lexi said and sobbed.
"Lexi, don't. I'm so sorry." I said.
"Don't be sorry." She said a bit hoarse, "I just can't do this anymore. And.. It didn't hit me until I saw…" Lexi said and paused and cried deeper she looked at me, "I saw my brother cutting." Lexi said.
"Which one?" I asked. She just shook her head. "Logan?" I asked she shook her head, "Landon?" I asked. She nodded.
"Yea… I walked in the room and he was… he had a razor in his hand and his thigh.. it was cut.. and there were other scars." She said trying to say it properly but ended up pausing to cry.
"Don't worry… we'll get help. We'll solve this. I'm going to be right here for you." I said. She smiled for the first time tonight.
"Thank you. I never had a friend like you." She said and hugged me.
"Tea." Mac came in smiling.
"Thanks." Lexi said.
"Thank you." I said to him. Lexi drank her tea and cried to sleep.
"Thanks for not leaving." I said to Mac quietly trying not to wake Lexi.
"Anytime… as long as I'm with you." He said and kissed me.
"You should go home. I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked.
"Yes." He said and left. I waved at him. I laid Lexi down and went downstairs. A tear escaped my eyes… I feel so sad for her.