Sequel: The Simple Love Story
Status: Finished. <3

Absolutely Hate You

I hate…. love you?

Image

"And I just said, 'wait' automatically." I told Lexi while she was driving me.
"Don't worry, we have tonight." She said.
I bit my lower lip then sighed.
"Honestly, I'm too young to even have love with him or any guy. And Lexi there are many other guys in the world." I said.
"Oh! That reminds me of the plan. You have to hook up with a guy to make Mac jealous." Lexi said. We were at a stoplight, she looked at me carefully. I thought for awhile, until the car behind us beeped loudly.
"Oh, fuck." She said and we drove off, the guy in the back must've been saying things like 'Stupid teenagers.'

"Well, hello Dianna." Leo said passing me slyly and grinned.
"Hello Leo." I said putting in the yogurt for the smoothie.
"So wassup?" He asks.
"Nothing." I said casually.
"Well, I was wondering. What are you doing tonight?" He asks.
"Um, a party." I said, tonight's the night we go to that party Daniel talked about. I remember what Lexi and I talked about.
"Oh. That's nice." Leo said and was about to walk off.
"Wait… well, are you doing anything tonight?" I asked.
"No. Nothing." He said.
"Well, would you like to go with me?" I asked, okay.. I'm being really brave. This is not me… but how am I doing this? Is it the stride to get back at Mac?
"Yea.. sure. Do you now the address? I can ride you there." he said.
"Yea, that'd be awesome." I said smiling.

"This is your ride?" I asked with my eyes centered on the motorcycle in front of me.
"Yea. Is it okay with you?" He asked unsure.
"No, it's fine.. just be sure not to kill me." I joked. He laughed lightly.
"Well, let's go." He said giving me my helmet and I wore it on. "Ready?"
"Yea. Totally." I said and climbed onto the motorcycle.

As we arrived people stared, especially the girls. My phone dinged, a text message.

"Where are you? Are you there? Daniel and I are near the pool."
-Lexi.

"Hey, lets go near the pool." I said and we walked there. I saw Daniel and Lexi talking.
"Hey." I said.
"Finally." Lexi said.
"Wow, thanks for the hello." I said sarcastically.
"Hello Die." Daniel said.
"Die? That's kind of rude buddy." Leo said.
"What?" Daniel asked just noticing Leo next to me.
"No. That's what my nickname is…" I said to Leo. He looked really embarrassed.
"I'm so sorry dude." Leo said apologetically to Daniel.
"All good man. It's nice to know people like you can defend Die, here." Daniel said.
"I guess." Leo laughed, "Names Leo. You?" He asked Daniel.
"Daniel. Dude, your accent is freakin amazing." Daniel said. Leo bursted out laughing and I did too.
"Hey, look who's looking." Lexi said pointing to Mac who seems as if he ran, he was looking straight at me breathing heavily. The look on his face hurt me… but it was as if he was really hurt. We were both looking at each other, he shook his head which made his hair flow softly and walked off angry.
"I have to really fast." I said to them not even looking at them and went after Mac. I ran pushing everyone out of my way, I saw his back walking off still. I tried calling out to him but he probably was ignoring me or the music was too loud. When we got outside he walked to the sidewalk, his jacket in his hand.
"Mac. Wait!" I said, he kept walking. "Stop, I know you can hear me." I said.
"Fine. What?" He asked, I felt hurt that he snapped at me…
"I just… you're all sweaty.." I said… 'you're all sweaty' was what I freakin' managed to say?
"Yea, well I ran here." He said and then ran his fingers through his hair.
"Oh, why didn't you just take your car?" I asked him.
"Because I was rushed, and I hoped that running here would make me calm down when I saw… you know, who was that guy?" He asked.
"Leo?" I asked.
"Yea who was he?" Mac asked.
"He's my coworker." I said.
"Okay." Mac walked away.
"What? Mac, what? I can't be with guys, I mean I sure have seen you with all those girls." I said.
"What? What are you talking about?" He asks as he rushed back to me.
"Oh, yea. After two days of us… breaking up you go to the movies with this other girl. I saw you there with her." I said.
"What? Didn't Daniel tell you?" Mac said.
"So you were dating her? See, this is why I broke up with you. You know, I knew this would happen… I'm just one of your toys." I said.
"No, you're misun-" He said but I cut him off.
"No." I said stopping him. I closed my eyes and tried to find the words. "You're just an asshole.. you'll an asshole. You're always going to kiss other girls, you're always going to fuck them… because that's you." I said.
He looked angry, "Well you aren't much better. You always have to be so mean, like you're so much better than everyone. I don't understand, one moment we're happy the next you go and ruin things." He said. "You're a bitch. You call other people that but you're the one who is."
"I hate you, I really hate you Mackenzie Kohner. I HATE YOU!" I said.
"Fine!" He said walking away.
"FINE!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I stood there crying.
"I love you." I looked up from my tears to see Mac in front of me.
"What?" I asked.
"I freakin love you! Okay? I seriously am in love with you. You're a bitch but you're my kind of bitch and I love that about you. That girl you saw me with was my cousin! She wanted me to drive her there so she can meet up with her boyfriend okay? Yea, you hate me but I'll always freakin love you." He said. I looked up at him. I cried again but hugged him this time.
"I'm so sorry…. I missed you too." I said and sobbed. He grabbed on me tight.
"When I saw that picture of you sent to me by the guys with you and that guy on his motorcycle with your arms around him I ran here." He said.
"I'm sorry." I said. He hugged me tighter… and we stayed like that.