Status: COMPLETE AS OF 12/28/2013

Where I Belong

Steady Gazes & Real Smiles

“Please, please… at least a 7,” she said to herself. She was anxiously waiting outside of her Sociology class for her professor to post up the exam scores. She and her study group were all together, huddled close and praying to God they scored at least a 7. On their professors grading scale, above a 5 was passing.

Finally, the professor posted them on the little window on the door. With her finger, Ellie ran her finger down the paper until she reached her name.

Ellie Taylor – 8

“Yes,” she said, delighted.

She decided to spend some time in the library since she felt horrible for ignoring it for the past week. As she walked up to her usual table, there was the incognito prince once again, or at least she thought. From behind his chair, she reached for the red beanie and removed it from his head. “I thought I wouldn’t see you again.”

But thinking she would see ginger hair, she saw brown instead. The guy turned around and said, “What the hell are you doing?” Ellie stood there, biting her lip and handing him the beanie. “I’m sorry. I thought you were somebody else.” The guy grabbed his beanie back and stomped away, angrily.

Ellie sighed. She took a seat at the table and rested her head in her hands. Soon, she felt a hand rub her back and a smile formed on her face. She looked up and over her shoulder, seeing the face of somebody she thought she wouldn’t see again. His ginger hair was now under a white golf hat.

“What are you doing?” she asked softly, getting up from the seat and standing in front of him. Harry smirked at her. “You wanted to see me, didn’t you?”

She shook her head, “No.”

“Come on, you know you did.” He said, taking a step closer to her.

“Oh God,” she chuckled, crossing her arms as she tilted her head back to get a glimpse of his whole profile. “Okay… I did want to see you.”

Harry whispered, “Where have you been? I’ve been waiting here for you since last Wednesday.”

“You were waiting for me?”

The prince nodded and took her hand, leading her to the space behind the bookcases. “Yes. I wanted to see you again. I’m sorry if I scared you off the last time we ta-”

“Its fine,” Ellie said, stopping the Prince midway. “I was just upset over the littlest thing.”

“Oh really? Well, my brother tells me I’m an excellent listener…”

She smiled at him. “It’s a long story.”

“Well,” he said, taking her right hand with his left, “maybe you can tell me tonight?”

“What’s going on tonight?” She asked, raising a brow.

“There’s this charity event I have to attend tonight. I was wondering, if you wanted, you could join me. I’m donating books to the orphanage and I thought maybe you wanted to experience that.”

Ellie kept a steady gaze with the ginger. She knew how charitable he was and she had always wanted to donate used books to underprivileged kids, so she couldn’t deny this.

“I thought you hate books.”

He said softly, “When there are kids who are in need, I never hate.”

The chemistry she could feel between the two of them was unreal. She never imagined being admired by the Prince of Wales, or being asked to a charity event with him. This was possibly the most unrealistic thing that could ever happen, yet it did and she was happy with it.

“So what is it going to be Miss. Bookworm?” Harry asked, leaning his face closer to hers.

At that moment, all she could do was smile. “I’d love to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Your feedback is unreal! Thank you so much for loving this story as much as I'm loving it. Thank you all for the comments and subscribing. If you guys have read other Prince Harry stories, please send them to me. Or if YOU'RE writing one, please send it! I'd LOVE to read it. Also, don't be afraid to comment me and start a conversation. I'm really easy to talk to and I never ignore comments! More updates coming up! Stay tuned, lol.