Meeting Kiss My Cake

Jason Bourne & a Flirtacious Waitress

The sun warmed my skin as I made my way from my apartment, down two blocks to Regency Grill. A restaurant hidden away from tourists that had amazing comfort food with a bit of class and a warm inviting atmosphere, a reason for it being a favorite among locals. Sashaying along the sidewalk in my favorite pair of jeans and tan wedges paired with a simple teal top, I couldn’t keep the smile off my face.

For some reason I was always this way before I saw Carson, I really need to get some help if this continues. Gripping the handle, I yanked the door open and stepped inside. I glanced around quickly and spotting Carson at a table, made my way over to him. When he looked up, he gave that boyish grin,

“Mischa,” he called, “Glad you could make it.”

“What?” I commented sitting across from him, “I said I would be here.” He gave a quick laugh before replying,

“Yeah but you’re one of the only people I know that works more than I do, and I’m a doctor.”

“I love how you find ways to insert that fact into every conversation.” I laughed.

“Do not. I only say it sometimes plus I love my job, I get to help people.”

“Yeah well you can just shut up I like my job too. Its nice.” I replied finding myself staring into those gorgeous eyes again. He was dressed in his everyday button-down shirt that was a professional blue plaid with brown khaki pants.

“Just nice?” he continued, a small frown on his face.

“Yeah, I mean I always dreamed of working in a famous restaurant but I’m starting to miss the creativity I used to have, the experimenting with recipes and decorations.”

“Well what are you going to do about it?” Carson asked quirking his eyebrow up.

“I have no idea,” I sighed, resting my head on my hand. After a brief moment of silence,

“Can I take your order?” asked the waitress. After being here many times, I already knew what I wanted without looking at the menu,

“I would like the mushroom and swiss burger with the garlic mashed potatoes and a Coke, please.” Nodding, she took down my order before looking at Carson, giving her attempt at a flirtatious smile. Carson, oblivious to her attentions, went ahead and ordered.

“I’ll have the western burger with fries and a Dr. Pepper please.” Carson gave his charming smile that he reserves only when he is being polite but the girl gave him a quick wink and said,

“Your wish is my command. I’ll be right back with your drinks.” and made her way, swaying her hips to where it seemed they might dislocate, to the kitchen. Once she was gone I began laughing.

“What’s so funny?” questioned Carson.

“Oh nothing, just the fact that you were completely oblivious to that girl flirting with you.”

“Oh she was? It doesn’t really matter, I’m not interested.”

“Oh well it matters to her,” I teased, “I bet she’s back there planning your wedding, and once she knows you’re a doctor, there’ll be no escaping her.” Lunch continued with conversation on basically anything, which is one thing I love about him. We can talk about anything, we never run out of things to discuss.

In the current debate between James Bond and Jason Bourne, which I was winning. I mean an amnesiac who is fighting a corrupt government organization totally beats out the pretty boy 007 that is always a different actor.

“Here is your check.” said the waitress, laying her hand on his arm as she handed him the check.

“Thanks,” Carson muttered without meeting her gaze, instead looking at me and discreetly rolling his eyes at the younger girl, who has struggled for his attention the entire lunch. I could barely contain my laughter until she was away from our table.

“That poor thing, she’s probably brokenhearted you didn’t notice her.” He shook his head at my comment and stood up. Holding his hand out to me, I took it as we stood up and made our way out of the restaurant to his car.

“So I was wondering…” he began but I interrupted,

“Oh no this never ends well.” Glancing over at him, I watched as he ran his hand through his wavy blonde hair.

“Its not too bad, I was just hoping you would go to this benefit for the hospital with me.”

“Oh… really? Couldn’t find a date, hot shot?”

“Not one that I wanted to invite to go with me. These things are usually pretty boring so I understand if you don’t want to go.” We reached his car and he leaned against the door. Making up my mind wasn’t hard,

“Sure I’ll go with you, it wont be hard to get off work. I’m sure its not that boring.” I answered smiling as he opened the door.

“Great thanks, Mischa. It’s a date.” he called as he slipped into his car.

A date.
Did he mean a real date?
Great, now I really need a new dress.