Status: Active

From L.A. lights to Arizona skies

Opposites Attract

I felt something move under the seat. That's when I woke up and saw polly, my dog, beside me. I placed her on top of my suite case not realizing I dozed off earlier fifteen minutes after we got into the car. I completely forgot we're moving back. I took a peek at the window. We're already in Arizona. A smile flew across my face. In fact, I'll be stepping out of this car in a while and permanently re-live my life back here, In Arizona. I put the window down trying to feel the warm Arizona breeze go through my hair. It's good to be home.

"It's good to be home isn't it sweet pea?" My mom seems happy while asking this question

"Yes it is mom, I can't wait to step out already" I replied with an enthusiastic smile

I'm looking forward to spending some alone time with nana and gramps (what I call my grand parents) I've missed them so much. They know everything about me, they know more than my parents. It's creepy sometimes but it's alright. They give the greatest advices ever. Another thing I'm looking forward to is catching up with my bestfriends, Garrett and Pat. I heard they have this successful band already. They even do tours now. I hope they haven't changed that much, because when we were kids we had the best time of our lives. Just when I was about to text them, I received a message. I clicked it open, It's from pat. I had this kiddy smile on my face that I get whenever I'm excited about something.

"Hey Debbie heard you were coming back to Arizona, can you tell me when? I miss you so much!"

Omg he called me debbie. Awwww. I missed that, I haven't been called Debbie for a while now, this has been the first time in years someone called me that. He really knows how to make a girl smile. You know what's awesome? He doesn't know I'm coming back today. I can totally surprise him and garrett when I get back! This is going to be really fun.

"My parents are on their way there now, I'm gonna be there next week. I have some school errands to do. I miss you too pat! Where are you anyways?"

Did I sound convincing enough? Well I hope so. Maybe they're in the studio recording something or maybe they're on tour, I don't really know. I hope their stardom wouldn't get into their heads. I sure miss those two! I got a message from pat again.

"We're at your place taking care of your grandma, she got sick last week so we decided to sleep in for a few weeks. Hope it's alright with you :) I'm with garrett and the other guys, I can't wait to see your parents today! Can't you go here tomorrow instead? I really miss you, pretty please?"

Wow I knew that Pat and Garrett are in touch with my grandparents but I never knew they took care of her for a while. I am totally touched. They never changed. They're still my sweet boys, I can't believe it. How nice of them to do that seriously. I guess I was wrong, they're still the same. Now Im really stoked to see 'em. Hmmm, other guys? I hope they're not those snobby band dudes that doesn't know how to have fun. I guess I'll just have to adapt and pray that they're as down to earth as Pat and Garrett.

"That is so nice of you guys, I'm touched. I miss you guys so much I wanna go there as soon as possible!! See you next week okay? Your new band members better be good okay? If they're not as chill as us I might have to do my magic, and you don't want that to happen do ya? Haha TAKE CARE OF MY NANA AND GRAMPS TELL EM IM COMING HOME SOON!"

He replied faster this time. I think I scared him a little. haha

"No I don't want you to do that to them, they might get scared to death and run away from the band. Haha I thought you changed Debbie I was wrong, you're still that scary girl who has killer moves. They're stoked to meet you. Wait I gotta go text you later, we have to fix your house your parents are near"

Darn! I forgot I don't have a plan and we're in front of our house already, I'm starting to get nervous. This aint good.

"Mom can you and dad pretend like I'm not here? I'm surprising all of them, PLEAAASE?" I asked my mom and put on my best puppy dog face, they're suckers for that one

"Okay okay stop it with the face already, But you better not give nana and pops a heart attack or else I'm sending you back to LA, alone" My mom agreed, see? I told ya!

My parents stepped out the car and left my suitcase and took whiskers with them. Now I have to think of a bulletproof plan. I suck at planning. UGH. It took me awhile but I just wanted to do a simple approach, I'll just go inside the door and pretend that nothing special happenned. Yup sounds like a plan. Told ya I suck at these things. I got out of the car and got my guitar case and wrapped it around my back, I carried my suitcase. This is it this is the moment right here.

This is it. I twisted the door knob. For some reason I chickened out, I had to try again. As soo as I was about to hold the knob it twisted by itself, I was scared to death. That's when I first saw him. He was this tall, skinny guy wearing plaid. He didn't look familiar at all. This guy just made me lose 5 seconds of my life. Think positive, at least it wasn't Pat or Garrett right?

"Yeah? Uhmmm, do ya need something?" Mr. skinny in plaid asked me. I will call him that since I don't really know his name.

I panicked.

"Walk away and sit in the couch, pretend like nothing happened. If you blow my cover, I'll murder you." Did I sound okay? I think I sounded like a serial killer.

But guess what? He just laughed at me and said "Alright Ms. bossy in black" wow. I hate this guy already. He shut the door close and went back in. Miss bossy in black my ass. I like my outfit okay? I took deep breaths and thought positive.

I opened the door and went inside. I placed my guitar case and suitcase in front of the door. The first sight I saw was Mr. skinny in plaid sitting beside two nice-looking guys. They were looking at me like I was some sort of trespasser. That's sort of true but it is my house so I'm not really trespassing right? I had to do something before Pat and Garrett comes.

"Are they in the kitchen?" I asked them while making sure I made no sound but I made sure they could read my lips. They all nodded. Nice. I guess I didn't have to explain, but they still kept looking.

"You better stop looking at me, or they'll notice something's up" I told them politely because I am polite. :-)

They all stoped looking except for Mr. skinny in plaid. Ugh this dude is impossible. I heard Pat and Garrett come in. This is bad. Good thing they sat on the couch in front of the other couch facing the other three guys and their backs facing me. Weird huh? Thank goodness for a smart interior designer. Perfect just perfect. This plan may work after all.

"Did you guys try the lasagna? The cheese is fabulous!" Pat asked them

"You're the only one who can put cheese and fabulous in one sentence" Garrett laughed and so did everyone, I tried so hard not to though.

"John, what are you looking at there buddy?" I spoke too soon Mr. skinny in plaid is ruining my perfect plan.

"Hey pat I really like your skinny jeans!" The guy beside john saved me

"Where'd you get it? it looks so perfect" The other guy saved me as well.

"You guys are really weird. Just eat already" Pat said as he and garrett sat down at the couch.

Pat didn't even bother to look behind him anymore. I like those two already, but Mr. skinny in plaid will have to go under my test. Since he almost ruined my plans.
This is my queue. I crept at Pat and Garrett. I tiptoed closer to them. I put my hand on their faces so that they couldn't see anything. The weirdest thing happened.

"Halvo, baby is that you?" Pat asked

"Oh my gosh, Halvo you creep stay away from me!!" Gar pleaded

"EXCUSE ME?! Who the hell is this Halvo you're talking about? Do I look like a creeper to you?" I shouted at them

Man you should've seen their faces. It was priceless! I miss these two ignorant dorks.

"Holy Shit debbie!! You scared the living out of me!! Why are you here?" Garrett told me while pat kept screaming "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!"

"Why don't you guys act like normal people and pretend like you missed me? Looks like I'm not wanted here" I gave them a snobby look

"Aww she's mad cmon and give me a hug debbie" Gar pulled me into a really tight hug. I couold stay like this frever. I pecked on his cheek and told him I missed him. He started to get really red. That's where Pat comes in.

"So Garrett's the only one you miss? wow deb how thoughtful of you" Pat pretended to cry

"Quit whining and give me a hug Patrick" He hugged me super tight and I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"You look so different now Debs, wow. And look at those purple highlights you put" Garrett said while laughing

"Hey don't you laugh at me, at least I didn't dye my hair red. Is looking different a bad thing or something?" I said looking at his hair

"NO! You lok so pretty now!!" Pat exclaimed but it looks like he just slipped or something because he blushed and put covered his mouth with his hand right after.

"Ehem" Mr. Skinny in plaid fake-coughed.

"Oh yeah, Debbie I would like you to meet the rest of the band. This is Kennedy, Jared and this guy over here is John"

So Mr. Skinny in plaid has a name. Kennedy and Jared put there hands out si I can shake it. I happen to like gentlemen, but John on the other hand wasn't holding out his. How rude.

"Sorry but I don't do hand shakes" I joked Kennedy and Jared and started to hug the both of them

"Hugs could work too" Kennedy smiled at me

"I knew I liked this girl the first time I saw her" Jared laughed giving me a High-five

"We're gonna be good friends" I winked at the both of them

"No hug for me?" John said with a flirty look on his face. Gosh what a creep.
A fine looking creep, If I may add. Delete that. Forget I said it. I give myself the creeps.

"I don't hug people who blow my cover" I replied with a pissed look

"But I do love lasagna" I continued as I took the plate he was holding off his hands and took a bite on his lasagna

They all laughed at me like I'm some new born kid who said her first words.

"What?! Can't a girl pig out while eating her favorite dish?" I said while chewing perfectly good food. I'm so classy at times.

"For the fact that you stole my lasagna, finished it in like 5 seconds and talked while you're still chewing. I don't really think you're a girl" John said

I am starting to hate this guy. Seriously.

"Ooooooh burn" Pat teased me

"Ha-ha you know what's funny John? Me punching your face and breaking your nose. That's what's funny"

They all laughed their asses off like I said some joke or something. I was serious okay.

"She could really do that John" Pat said with a horrified face on
I was just about to react when I heard the most lovelyand familiar voice I missed. It was Grandma!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John

We were all hanging in Gram's place. Well technically I've stayed here in this house for a year now since my parents had to work on a different place and left the house to me. I heard that our neighbor was sick so I decided to help out and take care of the couple. I started going back here everyday and just talk with them, then they asked me to just live here and transfer my things in the room upstairs since their granddaughter isn't staying here anymore. Living here has been really fun, but I also get to stay at my place at times since it's just beside this house.

I saw the door knob twist by itself so I decided to check it out. Maybe it's that girl Debbie. My parents asked me to go on vacation with them this summer but I decided to stay to take care of the couple and meet their granddaughter. I don't wanna sound like a creep or anything but I think I have a tiny crush on her. Her grandmother has told me a lot of stories about her. I feel like I already know her. Her grandma actually told me that if I fall in love with her granddaughter she'll be the happiest grandma on earth because the two of us are perfect for each other. This is why I love grams she's so enthusiastic. I don't wanna force myslef to like her though, if she looks like shit and her attitude sucks goodbye grams' match-making skills.

I went closer to the door and the knob was still again, I opened it because someone might be waiting outside. That's when I saw her, Debbie. No she didn't look like shit. She looked gorgeous. She looked really bothered and scared so I decided to play it cool and ask her if she needed something. She was really bossy and told me to sit back on the couch. I like feisty girls, and for the fact that she knows that she's in control is awesome. I decided to do a cocky move so I laughed and shut the door. I kept eyeing the door just in case she comes back.

She finally opened the door and placed her stuff near the door. She asked us if the other guys were in the kitchen and we all nodded. Man I couldn't stop staring at her. She looked so perfect. I can see that she's looking at me too, but she had that pissed look on her face. I didn't even feel them coming when I heard Pat ask me something. Shit I might ruin her plan. What am I doing? Good thing Jared and Kennedy came up with a stupid question and she sneaked up behind the two.

They both had this faces I can't explain. When I saw her kiss Garrett and Pat on the cheek I felt crushed so I decided to cut in and cough as hard as I can. I could totally see her roll her eyes like she was really pissed. I love pissing off cute girls. She hugged Kennedy and Jared when Pat introduced us but she didn't hug me. Instead she took my plate and ate all of my lasagna. Wow I've never seen a girl eat with so much passion. I never even knew girls eat for pete's sake. She didn't even care if her face was full of sauce or anything. She didn't have any hang-ups because that's her personality. Man I have got to get this girl. Then again I'm known for saying stupid things I can't take back.

"For the fact that you stole my lasagna, finished it in like 5 seconds and talked while you're still chewing. I don't really think you're a girl" I said to her while giving off a cocky laugh

"Ha-ha you know what's funny John? Me punching your face and breaking your nose. That's what's funny" She was pissed I could see it. A girl with an attitude another plus for this girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit!
This was really funny. Who else thought the Halvo part was funny? and the lasagna part? lol

Just want to let you guys have a vibe, John finally met her. He's being a cock but it's cute. hehe.

I CANNOT BELIEVE MAYDAY PARADE WILL HAVE A CONCERT IN MNL. I CAN'T BREATHE.

op just sharing guys! I'll post the third chapter in a while :-)