Why was I brought up like this?

You're That Kid

"Hey thanks. I'm new to this school so I don't have any friends. My name is Mike what's yours?"
"It's Billie. I'm not really new here but i don't have any friends."
"Why?"
"Because I have problems at home and my...."
"What are you saying about your house Billie?" Marcy said coming up behind me.
"Nothing I swear."
"You better not. Or I'm going to tell your father."
"Please don't."
"Then you better make sure you don't say anything wrong." Marcy turned around and left.
"Mike come with me." We got up and I threw my stuff away and I took him into the bathroom.
"What's going on?" Mike asked as i looked to see if anyone was in there.
"Ok. No one is in here. This is what's up. Ok I saw you yesterday. I was that kid that came up to your door. You're going through the same thing I am I can tell."
"What are you talking about?"
"Mike I know how that bruise got on your arm. I'm not stupid. I saw you tied you and bloody."
"It's only whens she's drunk. She's not drunk all the time. Please don't tell anyone."
"Mike calm down i won't. And it's not only when she's drunk I know. That's how my step-father is."
"What about your step father?" Allen asked walking into the bathroom.
"Nothing."
"I heard you telling this kid about your step-father. Just wait until I tell him."
"Allen please."
"Don't say my name. You better pray that you don't get home after us." Allen said and left.
"Who's that?" Mike asked.
"Step brother." I whispered to him encase anyone else could hear us. We whispered to each other until the bell rang. We spilt up to go to class. After school I saw Mike and we walked together until we got to my house. Marcy was standing on the porch.
"DAD BILLIE'S HOME!" She yelled into the house. The second I turned around I saw Robert coming for me.
"You little son of a bitch. You better pray you're alive by 5:00." Robert grabbed me by my hair and dragged me into the house. I waved bye to Mike.
*MIKE'S POV*
I watch as my friend got dragged away. I started to walk home when a police car drove by me. I was praying it would go to my house. And it did. Great I'm dead. I ran up to my house and my mom was being arrested. I just stood there and watch.
"Are you Mike?" A lady asked me.
"Yes I am."
"Hi. I'm going to be taking care of you for a will. You can just call me mom. My name is Rachel."
"Ok." We went inside and she saw all my bruises and I told her about what happen.
*Billie's pov*
Robert drugged me into the backyard.
"Strip down and get in." he said. I got out of my clothes and climbed into the lake in the back of our house. "I don't want to see you out of here." he said and turned around. I just swam around and waited. "Get the hell out and get dressed." I quickly got up and got dressed. I stood in front of him. "I'm leaving town for a little bit and you're going to be staying at one of my good friends houses. You better be good and tell them I don't beat you. You hear!?"
"Yes sir."
"Now go walk down there after you put these clothes on." he gave me a new pair of pants and everything. "They live at the last house on the right." I got the bag that Robert gave me and I started to walk. By the time I got there I realized this was Mike's house so I started to hesitate as I went up to the door. I rang the door bell. And the door opened.