I Fell in Love With a Dead Boy

You know? How do you know?

Five hours later, 90 million shopping bags, four pairs of sore limbs and a silly “I love Scotland hat” balanced on my head, I followed Billie and Frank through the bus door. I was exhausted, not really listening to their conversation properly and flopping down on the couch with a whimper of collapse-ation and pleasure at the soft leather supporting my sore thighs. They throbbed in relief at thecushion beneath them and I bent down to take my shoes off and rub my sore toes.
Frank collapsed next to me, him and Billie thoroughly pleased with their many useless purchases.
“Tell ya what Frank, you’re the best person to shop with, I mean you have the same taste and stamina as me.” Billie yelled from the back of his bus.
“You are both the biggest girls ever” I muttered relieving my hands from my tired feet.
“Fia shut up. I’m taking a shower; we’ll have to do that again sometime soon.”
"Shower or shopping?" I smirked at Frank who giggled.
"Shopping smartass." Billie yelled back.
“Or NOT!” I snapped, “That torture was not worth two outfits” I grimaced shifting next to Frank in the couch.
“I dunno Fia some of those stores were pretty good.” I snarled him as he reached across the table to grab a bag and begin rummaging through it.
“My feet hurt a bit” He winced as he sat back into the leather.
“Oh! Your feet hurt Frank? TRY ALL YOUR LIMBS! I didn’t see you or princess in the shower there, carrying any bags!” I pointed angrily at the wall that where the bathroom was.
Frank chuckled, “Sorry Fia I guess we got carried away.”
“You can say THAT again.”
The hiss of the shower, broke the angry silence as Frank turned on the TV.

“So Fia, I wanna talk to you about something…”
I turned to face the guitarist, “What?”
Frank nibbled on his lip ring, tracing a tongue over the corner of his mouth.
“Gerard.”
My heart stopped and I froze. Shit.
That was the first thing that sprung to mind, shit. What is he going to say?
“Me and Mikey think that he likes you.”
I swallowed, my heart bungee jumping in my chest.
“What? Stop taking the piss” I sighed leaning further into the couch.
“No really, I’m not, but you know... I said that you were in love with me.”
I chuckled, smacking him in the arm, “You wish.”
Franks snorted.
“What’s with wishing? It’s true.”
We grinned at each other for a moment before looking away.
“Since... you know... we're flying home tomorrow I figured I’d just tell you. Plus I had nothing else to say to you coz you know, its awkward talking to you, coz you’re in love with me.”
I rolled my eyes, “Yeah, so awkward, I’m so deeply in love with a man who spends two and a half hours trying outfits on with my uncle.”
Frank sniggered, “There’s no harm in taking pride in how you look.”
“Yeah but then there is the extreme of just plain vanity.”
Frank sniggered again, picking up another bag and beginning to rummage. We both stared at the TV for a few moments before he spoke again.

“Fia…I, I know what happened.”
The bungee rope snapped, my heart plummeted into a cavern of empty black. I couldn’t look at him, I just continued to stare at the TV screen that was beginning to fuzz under my eyes, trying to pretend that he didn’t just say that.
“Fia…”
I shota cross him, “Frank don’t say anything to Billie Joe or the guys okay?”
I saw him nod out of the corner of my eye.
“I won’t…”
“How did you find out?” I asked, finally turning to him.
“Gerard told me…”
I sighed. Unfolding my arms and shifting around further to face the guitarist.
“I really like him you know…but…I can’t…I…”
“You can’t deal with his bullshit. I know…but Fia I can tell…”

Suddenly the door of the bus burst open and Tre and Bob came exploding into the room,
“Holy shit tirade of drummers”
Everyone turned to see Billie standing in the kitchen area towelling his hair. I gulped, how long had he been out of the shower?
Bob opened his mouth to speak when Tre cut across him, “Please tell me Gerard was with you three today?”
“No” Frank answered, “Why? What’s going on?”
“Gerard’s been missing all day; no one knows where he is.” Bob stuttered biting his lip.
Frank turned to me, and I swallowed. “What?”
My words were dry and croaky in my throat.
“His phone is off and no one has any idea where he is.” Tre continued glancing at Billie.
I looked at the floor, he was missing? Where the hell did he go? I couldn’t help but think that this was my entire fault, if only I had resisted him, why the hell did I have to give in to him?
“Fia, do you have any idea where he would be?” Frank asked me, awakening me from my trance.
I thought for a moment…then realized…
“Tre, go and get that guide to Scotland from your bus.”