I Want to Hate You Half as Much as I Hate Myself

Sometimes I Just Want To Know What It's Like To Be You

"Patrick, stop, I need to leave." Pete said firmly. He pushed Patrick off his lap and onto the sofa. "I need to go home so I can get some sleep before work."

Patrick nodded his head, biting his lip. Never before would he think Pete Wentz would turn down making out for sleep before work. Did he do something wrong? . . .

Pete noticed his anxiety, letting out a heavy sigh. "I'm tired all the time. It's nothing personal, I just need to get home and sleep for more than four hours for once."

"Okay."

~*~

"Hey Ry," Patrick greeted Ryan while he sat down next to him. He can't remember the last time they went out and got dinner like this, Brendon has been preoccupying Ryan for so long now. He looked around the restaurant; it was a nice place. "I've never been here before."

"Brendon said we should go here," Ryan explained while picking up the menu. He choked on his water while looking at the prices.

Patrick chuckled, "Let me see how bad it is." He grabbed a menu and his cheerful expression turned into a grimace. "Fuck Brendon."

"I think I'm sticking to the $10 soup." Ryan declared. "I'll also order some water. We can share."

"Ryan, I can afford my own soup and water. Besides, you have shit taste in flavors for soup." He set the menu down, deciding on some cheese-broccoli soup.

"Sure you can."

~*~

"So, have you found someone else other than Pete?" Ryan asked with a smirk. Patrick immediately paled.

"W-what?" He stammered.

"Brendon told me you guys are dating, or were." He shoved some bread sticks into his mouth, thank God they were free; otherwise they would both starve tonight. The soup bowls look like they are about the size of a tea cup. "But it's cool, I was thinking about it and you can date whoever you want. Plus you didn't really like Brendon at first. I don't like it, but I'll live with it. You wanna talk about it?"

"We're still dating. . ." Patrick confirmed. He played with his hands instead of eating. "He's been acting weird though. He wasn't really interested in kissing or anything when he came over last night."

Ryan nodded, "Well. . . You know I really don't like Pete, so I don't trust him. What was his excuse?"

"Work."

Ryan let out a long sigh, "'Trick, you sure he isn't cheating or anything?"

"I don't know. I don't think so." He weighed everything in his mind, there was the party, but he didn't have many signs of being with someone else. Plus that doesn't really count, they weren't officially together. "I'd guess not. It's just college, y'know? There's alot of stress and stuff."

"Okay. I guess you know him better than me." Ryan rolled his eyes for no apparent reason. He was just a sarcastic bastard.

Patrick laughed as they finished eating.

~*~

I wonder if this is even the right Starbucks.

Patrick walked into Starbucks, he knew Pete worked here because he had dropped some hints and also had the work outfit in his car once.

It was the typical quiet Starbucks, everyone was focused on their laptops and phones rather than notice Patrick. However, it was the workers jobs to notice the customers.

"Patrick?" Pete asked from the counter. He rubbed his eyes, "What are you doing here?"

"I want some coffee. Plus I wanted to see you." He adds with a charming smile. "When are you getting off work?"

"Not for another few hours. Sorry, I kinda need the money. But what do you want to drink?" He asked. Patrick did notice the dark rings around his eyes.

"Just a latte. Large, Carmel and whipped cream." He drummed his fingers against the counter, looking at the types of cookies and cupcakes they had on display behind glass. Pete left the counter to give the order to Jon.

Pete returned, latte in hand. "I'll pay." He handed him the coffee and took out his wallet from his jeans pocket. Patrick opened his mouth to protest, but Pete shook is head. "I'm paying and that is final. Plus I get a discount because I work here."

Pete fussed with the cash register, feeding it a five dollar bill and taking out about a dollar as change. When Patrick didn't say his goodbyes, Pete looked around and leaned close. "Patrick, I have to work. I need the money. I'll call you tonight."

Patricks heart dropped, but he nodded his head and hugged Pete briefly by surprise. Pete stiffened, but hugged him back.

He left, and Jon took the counter next. He laughed at Pete, "You should tell him you're planning a birthday party for him before he thinks you're an asshole. You can go home now."

Pete smiled and shoved Jon playfully, "Man, he probably already thinks I'm an asshole. He'll think I'm awesome as fuck when I give him this birthday party, though."
♠ ♠ ♠
First, I'd like to present to you all a trailer for the story this. Kaela made le trailer. It can be found here in case you haven't seen it yet.

Second y'all can follow me on Tumblr. Plus I follow back. :3

Third, I'm bored. Thanks for reading!~~~~