Status: Slowly Updating

In the Background

The Making of Memories

The next morning as I got ready, I thought back to the days when my parents were alive. I had a dream about them and I couldn't get them out of my mind. I shook my head and exited the bathroom.

"Thank you!" Matt said before rushing into the bathroom. I laughed.

"Alright Kimmy, Matt's mom will take care of you today. Be good for her." I told Kimberly before I left for school.

I was sitting in my car waiting for Matt to hurry up. He came out soon after and we made our way to hell, known as school.

"Zacky has a crush! He has a crush! And it's not a blond bimbo!" Link Name exclaimed running up to me as I got out of the car.

I laughed and hugged Ashley. We linked arms and walked back to the gang. Zacky was sitting on the bench with his head in is hands.

"Alright. Stop making fun of Zacky. He likes somebody. Big deal." I said and sat next to Zacky.

He looked up and gave me a small smile. I made myself comfortable by laying my head on Zacky's lap and my feet on Matt's lap. They didn't say anything about it so I figured they were okay with it. I felt Zacky tense as a girl walked by us. Ashley giggled.

I put the pieces together. "So that's her?" I asked, looking up at Zacky.

He nodded, a trace of pink across his cheek. I smiled at him and looked back at the girl. She was pretty. She had straight brown hair, and looked to be extremely nice. She defiantly didn't look like Zacky went for.

The bell rang and we went to class. Val had to constantly wake me up since I kept falling asleep. This happened threw the day. Though Val wasn't mad, she understood why I hadn't been getting much sleep.

I had told her and Ashley why I hadn't been getting sleep. It was a mix between Jimmy and my parents. Dreams, and nightmares, kept waking me up in the middle of the night. Sometimes I don't even go to sleep because I knew I'll be woken up.

I groaned and fell onto Matt's bed. School had ended to my relief. Band practice wouldn't start until another hour. I was thankful for that. I wanted to take a nap. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

"Dude, just wake her up. We need to practice." I heard whispering going around the room.

"No need. I'm awake." I said and yawed, stretching as well.

I looked around and saw that everybody was either sitting or standing. I got up and we went to the basement. Kimberly grabbed onto my hand as we passed the living room.

I walked to the drum set and warmed up. We started after everybody had adjusted to their instruments, and microphone in Matt's case. I started playing and looked over at Kimberly and grinned. She clapped and giggled in her spot on Val's lap.

We ended our practice and lounged on the couches that were around the room. We were all talking about random stuff. Kimberly was perched on my lap. She played with my hair as I talked with Johnny.

"Alright. Time for everybody to leave. It's getting late, and Kimmy needs to get to sleep." Matt's mom, whose name I still don't know, said and walked back up the stairs. Everybody groaned but got up and started to leave.

Kimberly walked up the stairs a few minutes, saying that she was tired. I stayed downstairs and helped Matt edit their album. We added and recorded some things to make it sound better. While we were working I noticed a flash go off from the corner of my eye.

Standing on the stairs, Matt's mom held a camera in her hands and a smile on her face. She handed me the camera.

"Take this. You should take pictures so we can put together a photo album. You can document you guys making the album and all that stuff." She said and Matt and I nodded.

She left after that. I turned in my seat and faced Matt. He was starring at the screen. I took this as an opportunity, and snapped a picture of him. His head turned to me.

"Might as well start now." I said and waved the camera in my hand.

The stole the camera from me and that was the start of the picture war. We took pictures of ourselves together making different funny faces. We calmed down after and set down the camera so we could get back to editing the album.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am a horrible person, I know. Chapter 14 will be up in a few minutes.

-Becka V.