‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

Just A Kiss Goodnight

Image

"I'm back with food." Bam called through the apartment as he got back. The engagement ring was buried deep in his pocket and the bag of Thai food he had bought was in his hand.

"Welcome back." She smiled and looked up at him. She was sitting in the bed in her PJs, watching the TV. She turned the lights on and waited patiently for him. She had her hair up and all of her make up wiped off. She was ready for bed.

Bam handed off the food and changed out of all of his clothes, leaving only lounge pants on. He crawled in bed beside her as she handed off his food.

"I missed you." He said and looked up at her.

"I missed you too." She smiled weakly. "I hate being away from you."

"I know baby, but this is the last movie we're probably going to do."

"I'm going to miss everyone if it is."

"Don't worry, they'll all stick around. We're like a big family."

Cheyenne nodded and smiled, looking up at the TV as she ate.

"I'm really sorry baby." Bam sighed.

Cheyenne shrugged and didn't look at him. "It's fine."

"No it's not fine, because you're upset."

"I'm fine." She said and ended the conversation.

They talked for awhile about other things. How dress shopping was, how filming was and so on. Cheyenne mentioned how her and Raab had dinner and caught up the night before back at home. Bam asked how he was and what he was doing in PA.

"Are you ready for bed?" Bam asked as he cleaned up their garbage. He was tired, but his heart was pounding fast and hard in his chest. He couldn't wait to give her the new ring.

Cheyenne nodded and got underneath the covers. She face the middle of the bed so that she could face Bam when he laid down. She had already turned out the light that was on her side bed stand, but Bam left his light on for a reason. The small box holding the ring was in his pocket.

He laid down beside her and pulled her closer to him. She smiled and looked up at him. Bam kissed her lips and then her forehead and her head. He would kiss every inch of her is he had the time too. She laid her head down on his chest and sighed, closing her eyes. Cheyenne started singing and Bam close his eyes as well. He lover it when she sang to him.

"Lying here with you so close to me,
it's hard to fight these feelings when it feels so hard to breathe.
Caught up in this moment,
caught up in your smile.

I've never opened up to anyone,
so hard to hold back when I'm holding you in my arms.
We don't need to rush this,
let's just take this slow.

Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight." She kissed him gently.

"Just a touch in the fire burning so bright.
And I don't want to mess this thing up,
I don't want to push too far.
Just a shot in the dark that you just might
be the one I've been waiting for my whole life.
So baby I'm alright, with just a kiss goodnight" She kissed him again.

"I know that if we give this a little time,
it will only bring us closer to the love we wanna find.
It's never felt so real, no it's never felt so right.

Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight." She kissed him once more and he laughed.
"Just a touch in the fire burning so bright.
And I don't want to mess this thing up,
I don't want to push too far.
Just a shot in the dark that you just might
be the one I've been waiting for my whole life.
So baby I'm alright, with just a kiss goodnight." He beat her to the next kiss.

No I don't want to say goodnight.
I know it's time to leave, but you'll be in my dreams tonight."

Cheyenne smiled and looked up at him. Both of them leaned in for a kiss and held it for a few moments.

"I have something for you." He whispered as their lips were still barely touching.

"What is it?" She whispered back.

Bam slid his hand into his pocket and handed the small box over to her. As she reached up to grab it, he kissed her hand and she giggled. Cheyenne sat up so she was in the light and looked down at the little white, brass box that was in her hands. There were elegant designs on the top that she found beautiful.

"That's so pretty." She smiled.

"Open it."

She looked at him, then back down at the box and slowly opened it. She gasped as she looked down. Beneath the little sparkling objects were the words "will you marry me?" in black cursive.

"Bam!" She smiled. She set the box in between them and picked up the little ring. It was much different than her other ring. The diamonds spanned the whole banned and came up to a lovely, rather large diamond that was surround and braced by white whole that help more little diamonds.

She felt tears in her eyes. "Bam, you didn't have to buy me another ring."

"Yes I did." He smiled. "You're my fiance, I want you to always have something to remind you that I love you."

She smiled and kissed him hard on the lips as he slid the little ring on her delicate finger. "Bam, this is amazing." She whispered. "I love it."

"I'm glad." He smiled and watched her admire the sparkling little thing on her finger.

"I love you." She looked at him.

"I love you too, baby." He smiled again and wiped the tears from her eyes.

"It's perfect."

"Then it must be just like you."

Cheyenne blushed and smiled, looking between him and the ring. She put the little brass box on her nightstand.

"Now how about just a kiss goodnight?"

Cheyenne giggled and nodded, kissing Bam deeply before the too of them fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Here is the ring and the box! If you don't like the ring, than I'm very sorry! If you'd like, you're more than welcome to visualize your own version of Cheyenne's ring.

The song Cheyenne sung to Bam was Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum, so I hope you liked it!

Hey guys, if I wrote my own original story, would you read it?
Love, Makita