‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

Soulmate

Image

"Do you think I'd look good with more tattoos?" Cheyenne asked, looking up.

"Well, it depends. You're beautiful as shit no matter what, but what exactly do you mean by more?"

"I didn't know shit was beautiful." She smirked.

"You know what I meant." He gave her a look.

"Well, I'm not sure." She shrugged. "I just want to have more but I don't know what I really want or where. I don't know if it would look good or not on me."

"I guess it just depends on what and where. I think tattoos would be sexy on you, but I don't want you completely tatted up like Kat."

Cheyenne nodded. "I want us to get like matching tattoos."

Cheyenne had thought of this several times. Since Bam had gotten her name tattooed on his body, she wanted to get his tattooed on her. The days following their wedding she was planning to have Kat tattoo her. she wanted to have "Mrs.Margera" tattooed on her somewhere in cursive.

"Of what?" He raised and eyebrow and took such a big bite of pasta that it sauce flowed out of his mouth and all over his chin.

Cheyenne stared at him, on the verge of laughing, but distracted by what he was doing. "I'll think of something." She smiled and grabbed her glass of wine, standing up and walking over to the sound system in the corner. She grabbed her iPod quickly from her purse in the kitchen and walked back in, Bam still eating. She found the song she was looking for and plugged it into the jack plugged into the system.

She turned to Bam who was wiping his chin and smiled. "Dance with me?" Bam asked. Chey smiled and nodded.

Bam took her hand and wrapped the opposite arm around her waist. Bam kissed her temple and listened to the music. Cheyenne held onto his hand tightly and rested her free hand and head against his chest. He gently rubbed up and down her back, causing her to sigh and close her eyes.

"I wish I could just freeze time and stay with you forever here, like this." She whispered.

"Why?" Bam glanced down at her. "You already have me forever."

"I know, I'm just scared that one day you'll find someone better and more adjusted to your life. Or things will just change and never be the same again."

"Cheyenne, I am not Jake, okay? I'm not going anywhere anytime soon or later. I love you, no one else. I'm never gonna hurt you, I couldn't let myself. I'm here."

Cheyenne looked up and kissed him, not answering, just sighing and pressing herself closer to him.

"Come back to me, I cant get you out of my lonely mine." The song sang repeatedly until it ended and melted into another slow song.

"If you're stressed about this wedding, Cheyenne, please, let me help plan more. I want to help."

"I'm fine." She smiled. "Just tired."

Bam pulled away and scooped her up into his arms. She cuddle into him and held him tightly as he carried her upstairs. Bam laid her on top of the bed and leaned over her, his arms on either side of her.

"Get comfortable. I'll clean up and grab some movies. I'll be right back."

Cheyenne nodded and changed into pajamas when he left. She undid the bed and shifted around, grabbing her sketchbook from her suitcase and a pen from the night stand. She flipped through sketches and photos she took until she reached a blank page. She started sketching, planning a few possible tattoos for her and Bam.

Cheyenne had been feeling really depleted lately, but didn't really know what was really wrong. She didn't exactly feel right, maybe she was just tired, but she decided to hold off on telling Bam for now. Maybe later she'd tell him, but it was best to not right now. Right now it would ruin their vacation and make him anxious of their future wedding. She of course loved Bam with all of her heart, nothing changed that.

When Bam appeared, he had a tray full of things. "I grabbed movies, made hot chocolate and popcorn and now were ready to lay in bed!"

Cheyenne smiled and took the tray from him, setting it on the night stand. "Put pajamas on, get comfy."

He nodded and pulled on a plain black t-shirt and a pear of pajama pants. He took off most of the jewelry he wore during the day, leaving on the dog tags her and her family had bought for him, which he never took off. He loved them way too much to even consider the thought, they were his most priced possession.

"Now, what movie?" He looked at her.

"You pick." She smiled and kissed the top of his head.

"I love you no matter what." She said when he got up, putting the movie into the player.

"I know, I love you too, babe." He pressed play and got into bed,

"What did you pick?"

"The Hangover." He shrugged. "They actually had pretty decent movies."

"Books too. But if they sell the house, they'll probably take them."

"Not the library." Bam looked over at her, taking a handful of popcorn. "That was intentionally built for the house. They'll take personal shit but not the furniture, that's included."

"Oh." Cheyenne nodded and sipped some hot chocolate.

"Did you design tattoos?" Bam looked at the sketchbook in her lap.

"Yeah, actually."

"What do you have?"

"Well did you watch Courage the Cowardly Dog?" She smiled and sat up on her knees, showing him her sketch.

"Fuck yeah, I loved that dog."

"Well, did you ever see the last of the starmakers episode?"

"The one with the squids?"

"Yeah, that one." When Bam nodded she continued. "Well, the green squid was the boy and the purple was the girl. So I think we should get a tattoo that when we like put our arms against each other or something, it looks like the squids are hugging. But when we're not together, it still looks normal."

"That sounds pretty awesome, actually." He smiled. "I like it."

"I have another one!" She smiled.

"What?"

She grabbed her pen and waved it. "You'll see."

Bam watched the movie while Cheyenne doodled on his knuckles on his left hand, looking up at him or the movie here and there.

"Done." She smiled.

"What the hell is O-L-A-E?" He said looking at her in confusion.

Chey laughed. "You'll see!" Then she started doodling on the knuckles of her right hand, being left-handed.

"Okay, NOW I'm done." She smiled.

"S-U-M-E?" He looked at her.

Cheyenne giggles and crawled over him, switching sides with him and grabbing his hand. She laced her fingers with his and held up their hands for him to see their knuckles.

Along their fingers, SOULMATE was spelled out perfectly.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you want an example of the soul mate tattoo, go to Google and look up "soul mate knuckle tattoos" and it should be on of the first pictures to pop up of a couple holding hands.