‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

Damn

Image

Cheyenne looked across the table at Bam as they ate, conversed, and enjoyed eachothers company. Cheyenne had so many thoughts going through her head and they were starting to really bother her. She felt like there was something Bam wasn't telling her, he was being distant with her. She also considered telling Bam about Jake's surprise appearence, but she knew it would anger him. She kept thinking about Jake, and she didn't know why. She deleted him from her life: got rid of his pictures, gave his stuff back, deleted his number... But somehow the thought of him kept coming back to her mind. If she was feeling like this about Jake, what role was Missy playing in his head?

She had this really strange and painful feeling in the pit of her stomach all throughout dinner.

"Everything OK?" He asked, looking at her.

Cheyenne nodded and sipped her wine. "Everything is fine."

Bam reached across the table and pulled her empty hand into both of his. "If you're worried about anything you know you can talk to me, alright?"

"I know that." She smiled weakly and set her glass down, running her hand through her hair. "Thank you for dinner, Bam."

"Of course." He nodded. "It's nice that everyone agreed to have nights alone for privacy."

"I'm just glad everyone was OK with it."

"It is vacation afterall." He nodded. "Do you want to go back up to the room?"

Cheyenne smiled in a apologetic way. "You go upstairs to the room, OK? I'm going to go for a walk and then I'll be up."

"Are you sure? I'll go with you."

"It's fine." She bit her lip and looked down. "I just want a minute or two to get ready for our night." She tried to reassure him.

Bam gave her a weary look but he nodded and stood up, holding out his hand for her. Cheyenne placed her hand in his and stood up, following him to the lobby.

Bam was silently freaking out in his own mind. Did he say something wrong? Did he do something wrong? He leaned over and kissed her on the lips, then the nose, and lastly the forehead.

"I love you, beautiful." He whispered.

Cheyenne looked up at him and kissed his jaw line. "I love you too."

She turned away and walked down the path to the beach. Bam watched her go then looked down at his phone, walking back to the room, and calling Dunn to ask if he knew if anything was bothering his fiance.

Cheyenne took off her high-heeled shoes and walked through the sand. She sat on one of the beds on the beach cross-legged and set her shoes down, taking the pins out of her hair and running her hands through it.

"What do I do?" She murmured and looked at the waves.

Somewhere deep in her heart she knew she missed Jake. It's so fucked up that she could even consider missing him, but what was worse than that, was knowing that Jake, who had put her through fucking hell and back, had missed her in return.

She loved Bam, she knew she did because it came from the pit of her soul and everything in her being ached when he wasn't around. She wanted to marry him, and be his wife. She was truely happy with him, for the first time in years. But she had to face the facts that Jake was her first everything. And she couldn't just forget that.

Cheyenne sat there for almost an hour, letting it get pitch black around her. The moon was out, and people were still all up and down the beach, drinking at the bar, and swimming in the pools. She tried to avoid going past the pool that was open for the Jackass crew so they wouldn't ask questions. She put her shoes back on and walked through the lobby and to the elevator.

Word must have spread that they were staying at this hotel in particular, because even though it was private, paparazzi still had made their way in and took pictures of Cheyenne as she waited for the doors to close. She sighed, waiting for the elevator to finally stop on the 5th floor.

She walked down the hall, surprised that none of the Jackasses were upstairs goofing off. There were supplies everywhere, some disgusting, some strange, and then some mainly for the cameras. She pulled her room key out of her bra and slid it into the sensor quietly, slowly and quietly pushing the door open.

The suite was dark, all the lights off, but there was sound in the back of the suite, probably coming from the bedroom TV. She took her shoes off and quietly set them by the door, setting her room key on the counter along with her hair pins. She peeked into the bedroom and noticed Bam on the bed, hands behind his head, staring blankly at whatever was on TV.

Cheyenne stripped out of her dress and left it on the back of the couch. Deciding when the best time to walk into the room was. She leaned against the doorframe to their bedroom and she immediately had Bam's attentions.

"Damn."