Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 26

I got up and went to the bathroom, locking the door. I splashed some cold water on my face, and drying it off.

I stared at myself in the mirror. I wasn’t the same boy who locked himself in the bathroom as he did when his sister died.

I wonder if I had been older, would it have changed something?

Probably not…

Everything happens for a reason.

I heard talking so I quickly got changed. I slipped into baggy jeans and a black t-shirt that says Get Dirty, Do Work.

I flipped on some shoes, before I heard a knock. “You take as long as a girl!” Sueng shouted.

Rolling my eyes, I opened the door. “All yours.” I stated, motioning into the crammed bathroom.

The couple went in there together. Who knew they could be that comfortable already?

A awkward yet comfortable silence filled the air as I turned to Annette.

“So pancakes it is?” I asked, as she smiled slightly and nodded.

It felt good now to have her hate me. It was almost as if something in the air wasn’t as dense.

“Yeah. Pancakes it is.” She grinned.

I looked out of the huge window up at the sky, filled with stars and lights.

We heard a small racket and a few unfriendly kissing noises.

“Guys the house is on fire!” I shouted, as nothing changed and Annette quieted her giggles.

“Guys! We’re ditching you!” She yelled, grabbing my wrist and running out.

We stopped in the hallway, right outside our large hotel room. “Just walk really really slow.” She said, slowing her voice and her steps.

We walked quietly side by side down the old hallway. My arm was still sore and my cut was stinging.

Just a little though. The splint was long gone and all I had were a few loose stiches and a abnormally large band-aid to top it all.

I didn’t care though.

For once in my life, I was generally happy. Free of my past and looking forward to the present and future.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but the comments make our chapters longer! Comment comment comment!