Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 29

I smile at Kegan as he said those words his hand still rested on my chin and I gaze into his dark blue eyes. This guy can really be a shoulder to cry on.

"There it is." Kegan says softly, almost a whisper but it was loud compared to the soft noises made in this place. I close my eyes softly, and took a deep breath.

"Thank you, Kegan. Thank you so much for being here for me."

"Well, I will be there for you, if your not happy then I won't be happy working for a sad boss." I smile, keeping my eyes closed, I can hear birds chirping and trees moving.

"Seeing Seung and Mika happy together makes me happy, but the reason why their happy makes me so sad." I whisper, opening my eyes to find Kegan's eyes staring deeply into my eyes.

"I haven't had a real date in about a year, the dates I've been having are so perverted and just plain out douche like. Ever since the money came along, the guys I used to talk to, don't want to be seen near me because of how many girls hate me. or they want to sleep with me for money." I look away from out intense eye contact.

"My ex boyfriend broke up with me because I wasn't having sex with him, and I guess the money was intimidating him." I don't even know why I'm telling Kegan Reynolds this of all people. He's my employer, someone I shouldn't be this close to, but this, him listening to me talking and gazing into his eyes, feels great.

"Well, I know from experience that guys are jerks."Kegan says, I smile looking back into his eyes, his amazing eyes.

"But you aren't as bad as people make it seem, you're not that bad at all." I whisper, holding his cheek the way he was holding mine. I see Kegan's eyes widen at my touch.

"Thanks, I try not to be." I smile softly at him, and he smiles back.

"You know, I don't understand something." I state, moving my hand to the back of his neck, I can see some tint flow on Kegan's cheeks.

"What don't you understand?"

"Why aren't you backing away from me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why aren't you pushing me away, like you did with Mika and Martha?" I watch as Kegan switches his had on my chin.

"Well," Kegan stops to think a bit, looking away from my eyes. "Uhh, be-because you don't scare me, you don't make me fear that you'll push me down and get on top of me." Kegan says with a big grin, looking back into my eyes, I giggled a bit.

"Why don't I scare you?" I asked shocked

"Because you're not the one to grab on people and force them to make out."

"How do you know that?" I shot back.

"Because you would be actually trying to kiss me right now if your were thoes people." I glared at him. "Damn, you're right." I snap pouting.

Kegan's chuckle made struggle to smile.

"I always will be right."

"Until I prove you wrong." I shot at him, taking my hand off his neck, and Kegan took his hand off my face, we were so close, I even noticed it now that our noses were close to touching. I scooted a bit away from Kegan and glanced around at where we are.

"This place is so relaxing." I whisper, falling my head on Kegan's shoulder. In acception to my resting, Kegan wraps his arms around my fore arms, closing me into a room of warmth.

"This place is nice, I wouldn't mind going here everyday." Kegan comented softly, I took in a deep breath and watched an owl butterfly land on a flower.

My Head looked up and behind facing Kegan, he changed so much when he was in high school. He looks like a man, not a teen, a man.

"I can't believe I don't scare you." I say shocked, feeling Kegan's warm arms off of me and heard him laugh.

"I can't believe we're going back to this." I turn to face Kegan and laugh.

"I just don't understand why you don't think I'll try and make a move."

"Annette, you hated me for most of my high school year and you haven't called me anything close to attractive, I'm pretty sure you won't try and ride me." Kegan says with a chuckle.

"What makes you think I won't try?" I tease, crossing my arms in front of him.

"Please, I don't even think you'll-" Kegan stoped him self as I used both of my hands to cup his jaw, I smirked, trying to look sexy and leaned in slowly. Kegan didn't even push me away, he didn't even move, well aside from actually accepting my lean by grabbing my waist. My lips aimed for his as I watched Kegan close his eyes.

Wow, Kegan is actually not pushing me away. I think he's actually...accepting it.

I looked down to Kegan's soft lips, would I be actually kissing Kegan if I did touch my lips with his? I breathed onto Kegan's lips, and once I saw him move closer to me, I chickened out and laughed, moving to where I was supposed to be.

"Why didn't you push me away?" I watch as Kegan's face becomes confused but then realizes what I was talking about, his face turns red. Then his southern accent is all I can hear.

"I-Uhh, didn't know you were testing me."

"But you should have pushed me away like you did with Mika." I shot back with a smile as Kegan looks up to the sky.

"Well, you're my boss, if I push you it'll be assault and-uh I'll never get my money." He lied, I smile wider and laugh.

"I don't believe you." I shot crossing my arms.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah." I state again.

"Well try it again." after he says that I lean toward him, only to feel Kegan's hands push my shoulders, knocking me down to the grass, I laugh loudly as Kegan looses his balance and falls on top of me.

His weight wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be, but Kegan supports himself over me.

"Are you okay?" He asks frantically.

"Yes, fat ass." I joke raising my arms to place my hand on his shoulders.
Kegan's face looks more amazing this close, his eyes are so dark you can't even tell their blue unless the sun is hitting it or you're really close.

"I pushed you away." Kegan says proud of himself, and I laugh at him.

"But you brought yourself down with me." Kegan glares at me "I'm still proud of myself." He states with a big smile.

"I bet you are, fatty." I teased, Kegan leans on one arm to use his hand to cover his mouth in shock.

"You're mean, now I'm going to faint." Kegan says putting his free hand on his forehead and landed on me.

"Ahh." I screamed out, having my hands and arms wrap around Kegan's neck. I can feel Kegan's lips land on my temple. While mine are on the edge of his collar bone. Was I really that short?

I felt Kegan's mouth open into a smile and his chest busted with chuckles.

"How are you not dying?" Kegan asks, lifting himself up in a push up position, and then pushed him self down. I screamed again, only to notice that he was doing push ups on top of me. Boy, how weird would that look if a random preacher came and saw us.

"Because you're heavy weight can't compare to Seung's" I joked watching as Kegan's face became close, then far away, close, far away, close, away. clos- I grabbed his face before he went back away, gazing into his eyes. What are you doing, Annette?!

Kegan's lips look so...Inviting? I held in my breath, hoping that lack of air would push away my teenage girl thoughts. But I still felt like I needed to kiss him. that's when I noticed I was staring at his lips, probably for a while because Kegan was staring at mine, in response. Shit, he's moving in closer, I let my breath go, then took one in before our noses touched. My eyes closed, and our lips brushed, his breath smelt amazing- Then the phone rang.

My eye shot open before Kegan's, but Kegan didn't open his eyes, he just took in a deep breath, pushing him self up and off up me, standing, sticking out his hand to help me up. Once Kegan pulled me up, he dug into his front pocket, pulling out a shiny new phone, his work line.

"Hello Mr.Kieth." His voice echoed through the garden, and I ran my hand through my hair. Fuck, did we almost...Kiss?! Holy shit, I almost kissed Kegan, my bodyguard.

"Yes, she is here with me, I'll put her on." Kegan looks at me quickly before taking his eyes off of me and handing me his phone. Now he won't even look at me.

"Dad, our car crashed and we're suck somewhere close to Nevada."

"I'll send Gordon, where are you?"

"I don't know, I'll tell you once we get somewhere with people."

"You two are alone?" I can tell by my dad's voice, he didn't like it.

"He wanted me to go here because there was a group of guys following me." I lied, but I didn't want to tell my dad that I left from my now couple friends, to go and have Kegan follow me and we can make out.

"I'll call you in five minutes, I hope to have a decent answer on where you guys are."

"Okay, dad, bye." I slaped the phone shut before trailing out of the garden.

I can't believe I almost kissed my bodyguard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy father's day, girls [: