Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 39

After I gave Kegan one last look, I continued walking with my dad, he was checking if the pervert was alright. Kegan was beating him up pretty bad, I think he took his job way too seriously.

"That fucker will get pay back!" The bastard yells staring at me, I step back and hope that those big guys will stop him, Kegan did so I'm pretty sure they will. I feel bad for leaving Kegan like that, but dad ordered me.

"Annette, come here, now." My dad calls from his office so I walk there.

"Dad, I saw Kegan bleeding maybe he need-"

"I need you to tell me what is going on." My dad's calm voice only made me angry

"Dad, Kegan is hurt!"I shot.

"I don't care if your boyfriend is hurt, right now i need to know what exactly happened."

"He isn't my boyfriend, he's my body guard and if I'm going to be safe I need a healthy, unwounded, bodyguard so I don't get hurt again-"

"Again? So Marcos hurt you?"

"Kegan was walking me to the bathroom because he doesn't trust the guys in here, then this Marco guy comes and calls Kegan a Runt. Kegan tells me to walk to the bathroom, protecting me from him, and i walk back that guy told me I had nice boobs, so I yelled at him, he gets mad and pushes me. So Kegan punches the guy until I got you and that's what happened, just please check on Kegan, daddy." I state quickly.

"Go, I'll get him a nurse." I stand up quickly and leave.

"Annette, I like you two together, don't push him away, okay darling?"

Why does everybody think I'm going to push him away?

"Okay, dad." I smile at him then walk out, then frown. I don't push people away. I don't think I do. I start walking past the group of guys, I made eye contact with one glaring at me and decided to walk a bit faster.

"Hey fine ass, want me to protect you?" a guy calls out.

"No thanks I have enough douche in my system, thanks though." I call out behind me, walking faster.

"Wait, what did you just say to me?" I felt an arm grab my for arm and stopped my marathon past the guys. Shit, why the hell do you have a big ass mouth Annette? Why? I turn to find an Asian guy, really buff and an angry facial expression. He puts his hands on my shoulders and pushes me onto a table, getting closer to me. I took in a shaky breath.

"I sa-"

"Guys, I know you don't want to deal with me so start walking away from her." I turn to find Kegan, holding his fist with a bloody nose, he still looked...good.

"Now." Kegan says more deadly. The guy that grabbed me, let me go, and starts to walk away, but stops.

"You anit gunna do nothing." He says, grabbing my waist the way Kegan does and pulls me to him. I yelped in shock when he did it then glared at him. He isn't going to touch me like this and get away with it, so I punched his Adams apple then kicked his balls and pushed him down. He groaned in pain and i heard guys in the background making "Oh's" in shock.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on me." I sternly say, walking to Kegan and hugged him. God, was that scary. Kegan wraps his arms around me instantly.

"Are you hurt?" Kegan whispers in my ear, It must have been something about how Kegan whispered in my ear, but it made my heart skip. I held Kegan tighter and we stayed there. He smells like the air after the rain hits, clean and relaxing.

"Annette?" Kegan asks.

"Hmm?" I mumble onto his chest. then I hear Kegan laugh.

"Are you okay?" Crap, was I that into his embrace that I forgot his question? I don't blame myself I mean he's so gentle and his arms are so..strong. He makes me feel safe, and happy. Shit, hurry up and say something before he notices!

"I'm fine." I whispered.

"That's good." Kegan says holding me tighter. Holy crap, this is a long hug. Does he like me?.....Do I like him? I mean I kind of do want to kiss him aga- but then hit reality once a flash back of Kegan's nose.

"Kegan!" I shout, causing him to jump and i pulled away from him.

"Your nose! I can't believe I forgot about it, why are you always the one to get hurt?" I state reaching for his wrist but accidentally grabbed his hand and started to walk without even noticing that Kegan actually held my hand back.

"I am you're body guard so I'm pretty sure it's better me getting hurt than you." Kegan says walking with me to my dad's office.

"But, it's sad that you get hurt because of me." I opened the door to my dad's office, surprised that he wasn't there, then trailed Kegan to my dad's personal bathroom. I closed the door so my dad doesn't think someone broke into his office, and turned on the light. This bathroom is so small I couldn't even stretch out my arm without touching the wall. Kegan looks at himself in the reflection quickly then looks away. I give him a confused glance.

"Do you not like you're reflection?" I ask rolling toilet paper around my hand then wet a bit of it soon grabbing Kegan's face and dabbed the toilet paper around his nose.

"I'm not as nice looking as you, Annette." He says lowly watching as I rubed off the dried blood from his nose.

"Trust me, without make up I wouldn't be nice looking. You are as nice looking as any guy I know." I say smiling.

"Probably more nice looking than any guy I know." I smirk wiping off the blood clean and turned around to throw away the bloody toilet paper, but caught Kegan in the mirror looking at me. I turned back around.

"Please answer this question for me, Kegan." I state simply, placing the bloody tissue in the garbage and looked up to him with a smile.

"Would you like to at least ask the question?" Kegan jokes and i roll my eyes before reaching up to grab his face.

"Do you want to kiss me again?" I whispered.