Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 55

"Do you think my mom would get mad at me for ditching?" I ask softly as I snuggle closer to Kegan, tracing shapes along the little space left on his chest. Even though we moved to my bed, we were still in the position Kegan pulled me at.

I was still on his lap and chest, and he was still holding me.

Kegan ran his hand through my hair as he rested his lips on my temple, then pulled his lips away from me.

"Not if I take the blame." Kegan mumbles, wrapping his arms around me. His warmth was so much better than a blanket, I can't even think about life without being in his arms.

"Don't take the blame, what are you going to say anyways? Sorry I had to comfort a bullied victim even though I can't protect her from it." I mumble onto his chest, hearing his heart beating faster after I said that.

"I can protect you from it, Annette." I didn't want to talk about this anymore.

"I'm taking the blame." I insist before holding Kegan's stomach tighter for a moment and pushed away from him, facing him.

We stared at each other for a while, not wanting to push anything, I kissed his cheek and wrapped my arms around his neck, pushing my face on his neck.

"Thank you, Kegan. For being here. I wouldn't have picked any one else to be here, but you." I whispered onto his neck, holding him as tight as I could.

"Annette, what ever happened to our Hot Pockets?"

"Who cares?" I mumble against him again, closing my eyes and slowly drifting to sleep.
Once i was about to have my drool fest, I started hearing a noise inside of Kegan. Sorta like a stomach growl..

"I'm so sorry, Kegan, I forgot you were hungry!" I panicked Jumping out of his arms, suddenly feeling cold.

"No, Annette, it's okay-"

"No it's not, I'm sorry, let's get something to eat, maybe even warm up out Hot Pockets again and watch a movie." I suggested taking Kegan's hand then pulled him off my bed and into the hallway. Once Kegan caught up, he laced our fingers together and casually walked with me to the kitchen.

"So what movie would you like to watch?" I ask Kegan, hoping for a conversation starter as I throw the Hot Pockets away and rinse out the plates before putting them in the dish washer.

"Well, lets see. You like scary movies?" Kegan asks, watching me as I pull out a big bag of chocolate chip cookies from the top cabinet.

"You're kidding me right?" I ask in disbelief, tossing the bag to Kegan which he catches immediately. "I love them, especially the Final Destination ones." I point out specifically, watching Kegan snort out a laugh.

"What?" My question seemed to make Kegan stop his laughing and pull out a cookie, handing me one, also.

"Final Destination sucks, their not even scary."

"They are!" I shot back muffled by the cookie crumbs I made in my mouth, Kegan laughs like it's a joke to him, again.

"NO they aren't."

"Who cares? It's not like any of these scary movies are scary anyways." I shrug finishing the last of my cooking and walked my way to the fridge, pulling out Ben&Jerry's rocky road ice cream.

"They are, it's just not Final Destination." I turn to Kegan shocked, then glared at him while marching over to him.

"Take it back." I demand with a smile holing up a pink spatula.

"Oh no, the spatula!" Kegan jokes with a mocked surprised look. My glare deepened as I walked up to Kegan with the spatula, he didn't look afraid, just normal.

"Take it back." I said slowly.

"I will not do such thing miss Keith." Kegan says shocked as if I told him to take off his pants.

"Well then, I'll just have to make you, Kegan." I say calmly, walking towards Kegan, and made sure he sees me lick the spatula before coming at him.

"No, Annette, don't do it." Kegan warns squirming in his seat but not moving out of it. I do my little evil smirk before making it up to him, raising the spatula.

"Are you going to take it back?" Kegan looks like he's thinking.

"Hmmm, No I won't." Kegan says with a big smile.

Just as I was about to hit Kegan with the spatula, my eyes caught a paper.

No wait scratch that, the paper. Kegan followed my gaze once he noticed I wasn't paying attention to him anymore. Hearing his deep sigh, he was probably tired of this crap.

Did he think that one moment of 'Shoulder To Cry' would fix me up that easily?

Should I grab it? Rip it up? Put it away for evidence?

Without even thinking about it, I dropped the spatula, reaching for the piece of paper. Before I could even get a close touch of the paper, Kegan snatched it.

Placing the paper in his back pocket, his warm hand grabbed mine and trailed me into the hallway.

"Kegan I wa-"

"Shh, just follow me." Kegan cooed still trailing me into the hallways, then three doors on the left later, we were in the bathroom.

Memories of our last moment in one bathroom together hit me fast. Oh no, it's confession time, isn't it? I bit my lip hoping it wasn't. I didn't want to show Kegan how much it hurt now, hell, not ever.

"Okay, now I know this might seem weird but hear me out, this is what's best for you." Kegan says before turning on the bathroom light, causing me to blink away the sudden light in the room. His hands grab both sides of my forearms and turns me around.

I gasp as I see my reflection, seeing raccoon eyes and dark streaks run down my face, gave me the reflex to push Kegan away from me and turn the water on.

"Annette, stop-" Pushing away Kegan's grip on my shoulder, I grabbed face soap and rubbed it around my face.

"You don't have to do that, Annette." Kegan's voice is now more low.

"Yes I do." I spit out before rinsing the soap off my face and grabbed the towel, pat drying my face.

"Why?"

"Because I look like crap, Kegan. Thanks a bunch for showing me this." My sarcasm seeped through every word in the last sentence.

"No, that's not what I wanted to show you, Annette." Kegan says grabbing my forearm, and faced me to him. Since i wasn't in my heels, I don't have that amazing veiw of his eyes, so I have to settle for his built chest...Still amazing, but not what I wanted.

"Please, just hear me out." Kegan begs, looking down at me. I sigh away my perfectionist stupidity and nod.

"Okay, now I want you to turn around." Kegan states, I smirk at him before turning around to face my reflection. I felt his chest on my back as I was doing what i was told.

"What do you see?" Kegan's sudden question made me confused.

"You want me to say it out loud?" I ask, seeing that Kegan was already nodding.

"I- uhh, see...Annette Keith... The rumored slut." I mumble looking away from my own eyes and onto the floor. I felt Kegan's hand touch my chin pushing it up to look at myself again.

"Really?" Kegan asks, rubbing his hands on my forearms, I nod in disappointment, forcing my self not to cry, again.

"I don't see that at all." His whisper sent chills down my body, reaching from the tips of my toes.

"I see Annette Keith. The amazing girl that can only cook hot pockets and cereal. The one that can beat up a juvenile teenage boy, and still keep her five thousand dollar manicure squeaky clean," Kegan wraps his arms around me and rests his chin on my should looking into my eyes on the reflection, smiling at me.

"The one that I've watched become happy, nice, annoyed, sad, depressed, hurt, calm and funny, all in one day, yet still have an amazing personality after all of it." Kegan whispers into my ear, I thought I blinked but I seemed to slowly close my eyes, and melt into his arms.

"I see Annette Keith, rich but still so real." Kegan's voice made me so relaxed, I almost forgot why we were here.

"You don't need some stupid no lives tell you something different. I don't see a slut, or a snobby rich girl. I see a beautiful one who loves to try and hit people with licked spatulas."

I giggled a bit opening my eyes to turn around and face Kegan.

"You still never took it back." I whispered.

"You still never stayed away from me, even though your were threatened to." Kegan joked, tightening his hold on me, my laugh faded away once I noticed how close we were.

It didn't shock me that I have the urge to kiss him.

"How could I ever stay away from you, Kegan?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Aweee shucks. <3 Comments make our story go round [: