Falling for Days

Bad Neighborhood

Ana

We were going to San Francisco today. We would be there for about a week rather than just two days. I wasn't sure why but I was planning on taking Crys to see her father tonight after we got there. We had tonight and tomorrow off before we would play the shows.
“You sure you want to do this Ana?” Niki asked quietly after she sat next to me. She knew where Crys's dad lived and she knew that it was not the best neighborhood. She also knew that I had some bad memories connected with that specific neighborhood, including certain boyfriends and drug dealers that I didn't want to ever see again.
“I'm doing this so Crys can see her dad. You and I are the only two who know where he is and I can get through the neighborhood without too much trouble.” I told her sighing. Honestly I didn't want to go to that neighborhood but neither party knew what I was planning on doing. No one except for Matt and Niki knew. Matt only knew because Niki was talking about it during one of our lessons.

Later that night after we had all gotten to our respective hotels or apartments, I quickly dressed in jeans and a t-shirt and my converse before grabbing my car keys and heading over to Dora, Sam and Crys's apartment. I had told Crys I was taking her out tonight and to dress no differently than she normally would. As I pulled up in front of the apartment building, I saw Crys standing outside with Dora. Once they saw me, they walked over to the car and Dora told us to have fun.
“So where are we going?” Crys asked softly while I was driving. We hadn't hit the bad parts of town but I knew that Crys had an idea of where we were heading towards.
“I'm taking you to see your dad.” I told her without looking at her.
“How do you know where he lives?” she asked confused. She had only seen him once and knew of him only because I told her about him.
“Remember when I broke up with James before he went to jail?” I asked her. I saw her nod out of the corner of my eye. “Your father found me after James tried to beat me. He took me to the hospital and stayed with me until you guys arrived. He told me stories about him and your mother, and how you were sent into foster care after your mother died because she didn't put him on the birth certificate. After the nurses took blood from all of you guys in case I needed it and yours came back as a different blood type, he asked them if they could do a paternity test. It came back positive. You are his daughter babe.” I told her.
“Why didn't he try to get in contact with me then?” she asked confused.
“He wasn't sure you would want to meet him and he still isn't sure. But he helped me get off all of the drugs so I think it's only fair that I help you two.”
“Does he even know we're coming over?”
“He knows I am. I know you want to meet him so I'm giving you that chance” I told her as we pulled up to her father's apartment building. I parked my car in the closest space before we both got out and walked into the building. We took the elevator up to her father's floor and I led her to his apartment. I knocked a couple of times before he opened the door. He looked surprised when he saw both me and Crys standing there. He let us in before closing the door and locking it.
“Mark, I'd like you to meet your daughter Crystal” I said as I pushed Crys in front of me. Mark gave me a confused look. “You both wanted to meet each other and I know you don't want to admit it so I figured I'd let you get to know each other finally. Crys, just call me whenever you want to go home, I will come pick you up” I said before unlocking the door and leaving. I made my way to the stairs, I knew the elevator would be too dangerous and I'd be stupid to take it at this time of night considering where I was. I went down the stairs as fast as I could without tripping and finally made it to the lobby. I just needed to get to my car.

I screamed as someone grabbed me from behind and pushed me to the ground. I struggled to get away but who ever had me was stronger than I was. I felt a sharp kick to my ribs before something was injected into me. I was turned over onto my back, and I saw the face of my attacker. My vision faded as my mind slipped into unconsciousness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ana
Niki
Bianka
Sam
Dora
Crys
Comments?