Falling for Days

Withdrawals

Anastasiya

The concert was fast approaching. I was starting to get nervous. Not because I had stage fright, but because I hadn't had my fix in a week. I had been trying to make up for it with coffee and smoothies but it hasn't been working. I refused to relapse though. I was getting clean for my sister.
“Are you alright?” I heard someone ask. I turned around to see Gerard and Jimmy. I nodded and continued taking deep breaths.
“You're going through withdrawals” Jimmy stated. I looked up at him in shock.
“What?” I asked cautiously. I couldn't let anyone know. They might tell Crys and B. Those two and my sister were the only two that knew about my addiction in the first place.
“Withdrawals. We both have been there. We can see it when we look at a person going through it” Gerard replied.
“I'm trying to get clean for Niki. Sam and Dora don't know about it. And Crys and B can't know that I relapsed. “I was clean for two years. I don't even know why I started again. But I can't stop” I said shaking.
“We can help you. We both went through it. We both know what it feels like.” Gerard said as he and Jimmy sat on either side of me. Jimmy reached into his pocket and pulled out mints.
“I always take a few of these when I get urges to do any drug.” He said handing me a few. I took them gratefully and popped them in my mouth. I felt a bit calmer after taking them. Gerard and Jimmy both hugged me as they noticed me relaxing.
“I should get ready” I said before standing up. They both laughed and let me go, after I thanked them.

As I was getting dressed, Niki walked in.
“Ana, you okay?” she asked softly, as she started getting undressed.
“Yeah I'm good” I said as I finished putting my shirt on. I took a few more deep breaths and finished getting ready.

We went through our songs pretty fast. We started with Haunted, then went to Born This Way, then Keep Your Head Up, then Fuckin' Perfect, then Sober, then Sk8er Boi, then Just A Dream, then Nothing To Do With Love, then Paparazzi then The Escapist then Everybody's Fool. Sam and I danced throughout the entire thing and by the end we were really tired.
“You guys did amazing” Jordan said as we walked off stage.
“Thanks” Sam said with a smile. We high fived everyone as we walked into the back where we could sit down. Gerard and Jimmy smiled at me when no one was looking and I laid across my sister, Crys and B.

After Hollywood Undead got off the stage, we greeted fans and then made our way to the hotel we were staying at. My band decided to go out for drinks with Hollywood Undead but I didn't want to go. Niki understood and told me to relax. I was invited to hand out with the Avenged and My Chem boys while the others were out.
“Didn't want to celebrate?” Zacky asked as I sat next to Mikey and Matt.
“I don't drink and I didn't want to have to be around it” I replied. We hung out for a while before I started getting tired. But I didn't want to leave. Eventually, darkness overcame me and I was fast asleep.