Status: Writing

I Swear to God That I Can Keep a Secret

01

I let out a breath of frustrated air as I tried to carry my two and a half year old up the stairs along with the five bags of groceries up the three flights that loomed in front of me, finally making it to my door walking inside, I noticed that it was quite, there was no baseball game playing loudly in the living room, and there was the noticeable absence of yelling at some player who missed a ball or went down swinging.

“Well Jordan, looks like it’s just you and mommy for now” I smiled at the toddler boy before setting him down in his play pen and taking the food and other things into the kitchen to be put away. I kept myself busy cleaning the kitchen, and making dinner, lasagna and a salad because if he isn't’t home, he will be soon and would expect dinner to be done. After I had placed the lasagna into the oven to bake and placed the salade in the fridge and whiped down all the counters, I went into the living room to play with my son waiting for the timer to go off. I jumped when the door flew open and Justin was standing there, the stench of beer reaching my nose a second before he stomped over and dragged me off the floor by my arm.

“Where the fuck is my dinner Charlie?” He spat at me

“It’s cooking Justin” I whimpered out

“Well it should be fucking done before I get home you stupid bitch. Your always playing with that fucking mistake instead of taking care of me” he said as he tossed me to the ground, his words cutting me a lot deeper than the hard tug on my arm or the toss to the ground “Now get the fuck up and get me a beer and finish my fucking food you worthless piece of shit.” I jumped up and scooped up my son, placing him in his chair before grabbing Justin his beer and walking it out to him, and quickly returning to the kitchen to finish making dinner.

“I know it’s not fair Jordy, but sometimes I blame your father for living like this. Someday Handsome we will live better than this and not in such a hell hole” I smiled as I watched him cut up another piece of noodle and placed it on the fork before placing it in his mouth, he clapped and giggled at me, looking into my green eyes with his carbon copy chocolate brown eyes.

“Momma” He smiled “I lobe you”

“Momma loves you to big guy" I said with a smile
♠ ♠ ♠
I went back and forward on how I wanted this story to play out, and spent a lot of time wondering if I wanted a typical abusive boyfriend but in the end it came down to a coin toss, and here it is. I honestly don't know if this story would even be posted up here if it wasn't for my best friend She knows who she is and I love her much! Thanks Jack Jack for always being here for me when I need it :]