Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 49

I was trashing in his arms. He was so much stronger then me. I felt like a small rag doll in a child’s arms.

“Can I say goodbye to her?” He asked, quietly. My stomach twisted. I heard what they were saying. This isn’t goodbye. They won’t let me go.

Not until they get what they want.

“Don’t worry 132. You two will be spending a lot of time together in the near future.” Then they did something I was not expecting.

He was stabbed in the neck by a needle. I screamed. “Aaron!”

“This isn’t right! Stop it! He’s just a boy! Please!” “He’s not a boy. He’s a avian project.” The man said, sternly.

“He has a name!” I screamed. “Please…enlighten me.” He chuckled a dark laugh. “His name is Aaron!” I screamed, and thrashed helplessly.

He didn’t respond. He just tightened the ropes around me. He dragged me into a dark room, throwing me onto a seat.

The lights highlighted the room as I saw Aaron collapsed on the ground. “Why are you doing this.” I breathed.

“He’s a fighter. Not a lover. He’s not safe in society.” He said, cruely. “He was fine with me.” I growled under my breath.

“Stop it girl! The show is starting.” He yelled, showing a rag in my mouth. I continued screaming through the rag as he exchanged conversation with Aaron.

The lizard was behind him before I realized it. “Aaron!” I attempted to scream as Aaron turned around.

The one next to me roughly yanked me, cutting my face slightly with his claws. Tears came to my eyes.

This is hell.