Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 69

As he held me there, I realized…I wasn’t that bad of a person. Sure, I took a life.

But by taking that life, I saved two.

Including myself.

“I’m glad this happened.” I whispered. “You are?” He asked, kind of shocked. I nodded, looking into his eyes.

“If this didn’t, I wouldn’t have met you then you would be dead and I would still be miserable. And here…if we’re going to die… we’ll die together.” I half-grinned.

“Don’t say that.” He said, lightly kissing my head. I just sat down with him, covered in his feathers. “You’re insane.” I said, thinking about our adventures.

“I may be…but you’re even crazier for following me.”

My head rested on his chest. I felt his chest breath heavy and smooth.

Right as his eyes were dropping, I took it as my chance. “You’re still cute.” I whispered.

He was either to tired to notice or to tired to care. He just made a content sound. I snaked my arms around his lower back and hooked him.

I wasn’t planning on leaving Aaron anytime soon.

~*~

When I woke up, my lungs felt heavy. I was still wrapped in his arms.

Well…wings.

Er…both.

As I tried to breath in, my nose stung drastically. It felt as if I was holding my head over the a fire, letting the dirty smoke up my nose.

I reached over and brought his feathers over my mouth as an insulater. Looking up, I realized the smoke coming in from the entrance.

“Aaron.” I rasped out, my throat burning. His eyes bust open. Mine were now watering.

Those sick bastards.