‹ Prequel: Domain of Silence
Status: on haitus, sadly. but hopefully I'll have it back up soon :)

Silence Tells the Cruelest of Lies

You Belong to Me

My fever persisted for several days, all of which I spent in the infirmary. The only good that came out if this was that I wasn't forced to share a bed with Matt, and hence was granted several nights of decent sleep.

I tried so hard to remember his name and what he looked like, and our child, too, but it was no use. No matter what I did, the information just wasn't there. Memories I thought had been eternaly etched into my mind had suddenly vanished without a trace. I began to think that this horrific memory loss was of Matt's doing, and I ultimately turned out to be correct.

"Calyx, are you feeling better?" Matt asked. It was my fifth day in the infirmary, and the first day to date that he had visited me. "The servants said your fever is gone." I kept my gaze trained on my terry cloth-covered feet. I refused to look at this man. "Calyx, I asked you a question and I strongly suggest you answer me now."

You made me forget them!, I shouted at him.

A smirk grew on his his face. Or rather, the smirk already permanently attached to his face increased in size. "Oh, you mean Jimmy and Ryder?" he asked. Those names were not familiar, but I assumed they were the names of the faceless man and our son, presuming Ryder was a male name. "Well Calyx, it's been three years since you came into the Realm of Monsters, and still you have not settled in. And it's all because of that damn fucker and your son. So when the servants gave you medication to reduce your fever, I also ordered them to give you a drug that would cause you to forget everything about Jimmy and Ryder. And it's obviously working. The effect of the amnesia drug is nearly irreversible. It would take a very strong stimulant to counteract it. So from now on, you belong to me."

I will never belong to you, I hissed at him.

"That's where you're wrong, dear," Matt whispered, his voice dripping with a sickening false sweetness. "The minute you were born, you belonged to me. You are mine. Don't you ever forget that."

I never belonged to you!, I shouted, more strongly this time.

My head snapped violently to the side when Matt hit me. My cheek stung, and tears fell down my face. Then I felt my wrists being snatched up and found his face only inches from my own. He let his temper get out of his control far too easily. "Did you not hear what I just said? You do belong to me, and the sooner you accept that, the easier life here will be for you. Now if you're not sick anymore, it's high time you left the infirmary."

As I was too scared and shaky to resist him, Matt was easily able to lead me back to my bedroom. Thankfully, he let me sleep that night, and sleep I did. But unfortunately not very well. I spent nearly all night trying to remember the faces of these 'Jimmy' and 'Ryder' people Matt had mentioned earlier. I knew in my heart that they were important to me, and I wished I could remember them.

When I woke up the next morning, I smiled at the man lying next to me. I studied Matt for awhile, and before long his eyelids slowly opened, revealing a pair of sleepy black eyes. When he noticed me staring at him, with a smile on my face no less, he was confused for a moment, then a look of triumph appeared on his face. He returned my grin.

"Goodmorning, Calyx," he whispered. "I see the medication has finally reached its full effect." I knew I'd been sick, so I assumed this is what he meant. "Which means life here will be far easier for the both of us. You can now truly be my queen."

Queen? Ah yes, now I remembered. This was the Realm of Monsters, Matt was the king, and I was his queen. I counted myself lucky. So what are we going to do today?, I asked, cuddling up to his cotton-clad chest.

Matt chuckled and I felt his arm slip slowly around my slender waist. "Well dear, I don't have any concrete plans for the day, so whatever you want to do is fine with me."

I think I'd just like to spend the day with you, I said to him. Is that alright?

Matt looked taken aback for a moment, then he smiled. Lord, his smile was utterly gorgeous, and his dimples were absolutely adorable. "That's fine with me, dear. But we'll have to bring along Aileen."

Of course, I replied. I didn't mind bringing along our daughter. After all, I wanted for us to spend the day as a family, and that could not happen without the presense of our young daughter. Matt and I both dressed quickly, and then I ventured down the hall to the nursery to ready Aileen.

Aileen was already awake, clutching tightly to the bars of her crib. She began to smile and emit delightful baby noises the instant I stepped into the room, but ceased when I scooped her into my arms. I pushed her dark hair from her forehead, and there I planted a kiss. Ever since she was born nearly a year ago, I'd never really been given the opportunity to spend time with my child. So this day would be a joy for me.

I found Matt waiting for us outside the nursery. He smiled the instant I stepped out of the baby's room, and slipped an arm around my shoulders. I leaned against his body, but did not relax. For some reason, a dark feeling lingered over me. I felt as though there was something Matt was not telling me. Something important. I shook my head. I was simply being finiky; I was just imagining this feeling. Matt loved me. He would never hide anything from me.

"Where shall we go first, dear?" Matt asked.

I thought for a moment. I hadn't really considered going anyplace specific, but I probably should have. I think I'd like to go for a tour of the Realm, I answered, throwing something out.

Matt's face fell. "Calyx, I'm sorry, but we can't do that," he said. "I'm not especially comfortable with you leaving the castle. But we can have a nice little stroll around the grounds. Does that sound alright with you?"

Of course, I said. I smiled up at Matt. That's perfectly fine with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't hate me!
I promise things get better!
Not promising they stay that way…
So yea…

Comment/Subscribe/Love?

xoxo Stefany XD