Status: Comments are always welcome :)

Kisses Under Starry Night Skies

021

July 16. The day of the Maryland show. The day Lisa is meeting us. My birthday.

I was walking past the bus on my way to the food tent when I heard voices inside, which was strange because I thought everyone was over at Cobra's bus for the party. I went inside to tell the strangers off when I recognised their voices. Jack and Alex. I stood near the door and listened.

"I really don’t know what to do. I WANT to talk to her, but I'm afraid that I've fucked things up so badly that she won't want to talk to me. It's so hard not talking to her; I almost forget alot of the time. And, I stopped being angry at her ages ago. I’m just scared-"

"Dude." They both looked up and saw me standing near the doorway. "Perfect timing. I'm gonna leave you two to sort it out." Alex got up, pushed me further inside the bus and left.

At first we just stared at each other, and then I decided it'd be best if I sat down.

"So you heard everything I said?" The first words he'd spoken to me in forever.

I nodded.

"I guess you know the truth then." I nodded again. Silence.

"Look." We said at the same time and laughed at our unison.

"You first." I said.

"If this is going to be weird, weirder than it was before than I'd rather it go back...Of course I'd much rather it go back to the way it was. I miss you Paige. I miss my best friend."

"Oh, Jack I miss you too. And I dont want it to be weird either. It's just...Jack I dont know what you want from me. You take off without telling us where or how long you'd be going. You don't talk to me for weeks and make me feel like shit, now you’re saying you want to be best friends again. Tell me what you want, coz I know what I want."

"I want you!" He suddenly blurted out. I grabbed his hand and held it.

"But why?" I asked.

"Why?"

"Yes. Why do you want me? Why now? Why not last month?"

"Paige. For years you were like my little sister, my best friend. I could tell you anything and then one day I had this feeling. It was something I couldn't control. It took me forever to work out what it was and then I realised. Paige, I'm in love with you." He said as a tear slid down his cheek. And I knew it was true.

I couldn't help myself I wanted so badly to be in his arms.

"Paige, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. That night of the party when I saw you and Alex, well, yeah. I was coming to talk to you about how I felt and then when I saw you together my heart broke. It hurt so much."

"What happened with Alex honestly wasn't me and I can tell you it'll never happen again."

"I know, I know." He sighed squeezing my hand. "But that's in the past." He stood up. I followed suit.

"So are you going to Cobra's party?" I asked.

"Of course and you're coming with me." I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around him. It felt so good. We stood there for a minute just hugging taking each other in. "Come on, let's go." Jack said taking my hand and leading me off the bus.

It was colder than I expected it to be. I should have grabbed my hoodie before we left. Jack noticed me shivering.

"Here." He said handing me his hoodie. "Put this on. You look freezing."

"Thanks." I smiled sliding my arms in and wrapping it around myself. It was warm and smelt of Jack. We made our way towards the loud music and light.

"Where is everyone?" I asked as we walked in. There was supposed to be a party with a bonfire and more importantly people.

"SUPRISE!" Everyone yelled jumping up.

"Surprise." Jack whispered in my ear.

"Oh my god!" I squealed." Thank you all so so much."

"Don't thank us." Alex said. "It was all Jack's idea."

"Really?" I asked turning towards Jack.

"Really. Really." He smiled.

"Thank you." I beamed hugging him.

"Happy Birthday little sis." Zack said hugging me.

"Thank you."

"We have another surprise for you." Rian smiled.

"Nothing could be better than this."

"Are you sure?" He asked stepping aside.

My jaw dropped. "Oh. My. God." I breathed. "I can't believe this. How? When? Gahh."

"William and the band got a few gigs here at Warped and I decide to come along." Georgah smiled.

Georgah and I had been best friends since birth. We used to do everything together. She moved to Chicago last year with her boyfriend William Beckett, lead singer of The Academy Is.

"It's so good to see you." I laughed pulling her into a hug. "I've missed you so much."

"Me too." She laughed. "It's been too long."

"Since fall last year wasn't it?"

"Yep." William butted in and cleared his throat.

"Oh, hi Bill." I pretended not to care that he was here. He frowned and acted all upset.

"Oh, come here you!" I broke out in a smile and hugged him. He picked me up and spun me around knowing it would make me dizzy. I almost fell flat on my face but Alex and Jack grabbed my arms to steady me.
♠ ♠ ♠
let me know what you think ! :)