Status: Comments are always welcome :)

Kisses Under Starry Night Skies

022

"Thanks." I laughed straightening up looking up at Jack. Alex had let me go and gone off with Lisa.

"No problem." Jack smiled still holding me. We stood there for a minute like that. I was paralysed.

"Do you want something to drink?" Jack asked.

"Umm, sure. But not too much I want to remember tonight."

"Yeah, me too." He sighed putting an arm around my shoulders.

We walked over to the table that Gabe had set up as a bar.

"What can I get the birthday girl?" Gabe asked.

"Well, what have you got?"

"Hmm," Gabe said opening the esky. "Jack Daniels, Vodka, Midouri, Tequila, Gin, Rum, Whiskey, Bourbon, etc, etc."

"Wow." Jack sighed. "Well, you're all set then aren't you?" He laughed.

"Hmm, spoilt for choice. Surprise me." I grinned. Jack covered my eyes with his hands while Gabe mixed me a drink.

"Here." A plastic cup touched my hand and I took a sip, eyes still covered.

"...Midouri and pineapple...?"

"You certainly know you're liquor." Gabe laughed.

"Well, when you practically live with four guys your whole life you pick up a few things." I said
looking up at Jack.

“Happy birthday, by the way." Gabe said. "Now, go, have fun!"

"Sure will." I smiled grabbing Jack's hand leading him away.

Even though Jack and I have been apart for so long everytime I look at him or even touch him my heart beats one hundred times faster and my palms start to sweat and I get this electric shock that sends shivers down my spine and those butterflies they get bigger and bigger. Sounds cheesy doesn't it?

"So, what do you want to do now?"

"Hmm," I sighed. "Sit by the bonfire and catch up on missed times with my best friend."

"Sounds like a plan." We found a vacant log by the fire and sat down. We sat in silence for a minute. I watched as the flickering of the flames lit up all of Jack's features. Jack noticed me watching him and smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"No, what?"

"I was just thinking about how beautiful you look in the light of the fire." He smiled.

"Really?" I asked snuggling into his hoodie.

"Really." He sighed.

"Thankyou." I smiled.

"You're welcome." We sat like that for a while until Zack and Tash came over.

"Hey guys." I smiled.

"Hey." Tash waved.

"We have a surprise for you." Zack smiled.

"Another one?"

"Yep." Zack said helping me stand up. Jack and Zack exchanged a glance and a wink.

"Come on." Tash said. Jack and I followed them over to where there was a group of tables set up for food. Everyone was crowded around.

"What's this?" I asked.

"You'll see." Zack said. We eventually reached the tables through all the people.

"Here she is." Alex cheered. He was standing on the tables. Alex reached out and hauled me up there with him.

"Okay, okay, everyone listen up." Alex yelled and everyone went quiet. "For those of you who don't know, this is Paige and today is her 19th birthday!" Alex said. "William! Cake!" Alex yelled.

William came through the crowd pushing a trolley that held the biggest cake you've ever seen. I stepped down off the tables.

"Holy. Shit. It's huge!"

"Blow out the candles." Alex cheered.

"And don't forget to make a wish." Kara winked. Everyone clapped and cheered as I blew out the candles.

I had a feeling that tonight was going to one of the best nights of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
another short one, IM SO SORRY! the next chapter is better though :)

thank you all for taking the time to read my story :)