Status: DO NOT BE A SILENT READER! WE ALL HATE SILENT READERS!!! XDDDDDDDDDD

Phoenix Wright: Guilty As Charged

Case 1: Turnabout Yatagarasu Part 2

Date: 4 PM, April 6th.
Place: Detention Center, Cell 5.

There is no word in the English language to describe how I felt as I sat in my cell at the Detention Center. Kay being the main suspect in this case that impacted us all, was given a solitary confinement cell. I was all alone, as was she. I'm sure we were both sitting there, worrying we were going to waste away. I could hear Kay's distant crying and felt like crying myself.

It was visiting hours and I didn't think anyone was going to visit me. So many thoughts were rushing through my head. I had Maya and Pearl waiting for me back at the office. I had spent the night in my cell and I couldn't stop thinking about whether or not they were worried sick about me. I knew I was worried sick about me! That was a fact. I sat there, looking into the darkness and the faces of criminals looking back at me. They didn't seem very welcoming. I gulped and looked away.

Suddenly, my cell door was opened. A young policeman stood there.
"Someone's here to see you," he said.
He cuffed my hands and slowly walked behind me, prodding me if I slowed down and also leading me the way to the visitors room. He locked the door behind us and stood there, making sure I didn't try to escape.
Crud, I thought.

I sat down in the chair and looked through the glass window to see Edgeworth.
He mumbled, "Hello, Wright..."
I mumbled back, "Hello, Edgeworth..."
There was an awkward silence, which was broken by Edgeworth's plead.
"Please, Wright," he begged. "Please save Kay."
I looked at his pained expression and said, "I'll try."
He asked, "Have you been taken into questioning yet?"
"Um," I murmured, "Y-yeah..."
"And?"
"I have to testify as a witness."

Edgeworth fell back in his chair. He got up, incredibly embarrassed and sat back down. His look of embarrassment soon turned into raw anger.
"YOU WHAT?!" he boomed. "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DEFEND KAY!"
Even the policeman was intimidated by Edgeworth's sudden outburst.
"Uhh," I stuttered. "I u-u-uh, c-can't. I, um, w-w-well, they're n-not, I mean, um, they d-don't b-b-b-b-believe I j-just stumbled a-across the c-crime. Um, geez, I, uh, u-um, I'm s-sorry... Edgeworth."
I looked away, honestly intimidated. A man like Edgeworth isn't one to lose his temper like that, ever.

He sighed a very, very, long, depressing sigh.
Edgeworth growled and put his hand through a little slot that was in the window.
"Give me your attorney's badge."
I stared at him for about ten minutes.
He lost patience and demanded, "GIVE ME THE BADGE."
I ripped my badge off my jacket and hastily gave it to him. He pinned it to his jacket and hung his head, embarrassed.
He mumbled, "Looks like I'm the defense attorney, then."

I know I shouldn't've. It wasn't right. It was stupid. But I couldn't help it. I, too, fell out of my chair, but I didn't get up. Instead, I lay on the ground, laughing. The policeman looked at me like I was some sort of a madman, which, I wouldn't say I'm not. My life's pretty mad.

Edgeworth shrieked, "WRIGHT, YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A MAN, I AM TRYING TO SAVE A YOUNG, TEENAGE GIRL OF BEING EXECUTED FOR CHARGES OF MURDER AND YOU'RE ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING! GET UP, RIGHT NOW AND ACT YOUR AGE!"
I got up and ran towards the door and said, "Oh, look at the time, uh, I think we'd better be going, don't you, Officer?"
The policeman didn't disagree. He shoved the key in the lock and we both ran out, screaming. I leaped back into my cell and reflected on what Edgeworth had said.

Kay's distant sobbing intensified. She was really scared, I could tell. I knew she was innocent. I knew Edgeworth would prove it as well. I felt really bad for laughing at him for standing up for what he believed in. I was secretly jealous of him. Even though he told me he doesn't want to step foot in courts ever again, he was helping Kay.

I just sat there, thinking about what I should testify in court. I knew I had to tell the truth, but all I actually knew was what she told me. I knew I couldn't say that, but no matter how I put it, it made her look like the murderer. Then I remembered the window. How it was smashed. I thought that would help.

I heard a policeman say, "Alright, young lady, time for you to go into questioning."
Then, I saw Kay walk past, being prodded by the policemen, just like I had been. She was cuffed, as well. We exchanged glances and that's when I realized just how sorry I felt for her. I slumped onto the stone-cold ground and began to actually cry.

I knew I had to do something. I just didn't know what.