Status: DO NOT BE A SILENT READER! WE ALL HATE SILENT READERS!!! XDDDDDDDDDD

Phoenix Wright: Guilty As Charged

Case 2: Turnabout Cruise Part 5

Date: 11:30 AM, January 4th.
Place: District Court, Room 7.

I was in the worst possible situation. As Maya sat in the defendant's chair, she wished me luck. I needed it, that's for sure. I had no information about the case whatsoever. The only thing I knew was about the wallet, like that was going to help me. I have no proof it was there. Only I really know. I couldn't shake off the feeling of losing. I was so nervous. For Mr. Wright and for Maya.

The first crazy thing to happen was the Judge was staring at me. He was completely ignoring the prosecutor. I swear I've seen that prosecutor before. That weird hairstyle and those glasses... But where?!

"Um," said the Judge. "I-I-I, uh, I mean, is the sexy, er, I mean the defence ready?"
Oh my Gosh. Did he seriously just call me sexy?! I thought to myself.
I looked at Maya, who was giggling her head off.
I stuttered, "Y-yes, Y-Your H-Honor..."
He coughed, "Is the PROSECUTION ready?"
The prosecutor looked nervous. "Yes, Your Honor."
The Judge intensely glared at him and then smiled at me.
"Bring out the witness!"

The witness was a waitress. I didn't remember any witness... Ugh.
"Name and profession, please." said the prosecutor, trying not to look at the Judge.
Neither was I, but for a different reason, the pervert....
"I don't have a name," she said. "My profession is a waitress for the Gatewater Luxury Cruise Ship!"
She doesn't have a name, I thought to myself.

She gave her testimony.
"I was working there that day. I went down to get to some spare items for our guests. When I entered, I saw two guests, one of them the girl in the defendant's chair, holding a broken glass bottle and an unidentifiable man on the ground, not moving, bleeding.... Dead."
The Judge grinned, "You may begin your cross examination, Miss Faraday....."
I swear he mumbled to himself, "If only she'd examine ME...."
I was officially freaked out.

"Uh, um, p-please repeat what you s-said," I asked her.
"I was working there that day," she said.
"Continue,"
"I went down to get some spare items for our guests," she said.
"...Continue,"
She continued. "When I entered, I saw two guests, one of them the girl in the defendant's chair, holding a broken glass bottle and an unidentifiable man on the ground, not moving, bleeding..... Dead."
I remembered Mr. Edgeworth would say this to get more information.
"HOLD IT!" I yelled.
"Yes?" she asked.
"Um, how did you know it was my client?"
She answered, "Pssh. Please. With hair that tacky and clothes like that, who could miss HER?"
Maya looked hurt.

"Well," I replied. "Anyone could wear their hair like that. Wear clothes like that."
She said smugly, "I doubt it, princess."
I was getting really frustrated.
"I don't," I said.
She replied, "Well, I saw her face. I don't forget faces. And the ugly mug I saw that definitely belongs to her."
"Bitch," I mumbled.
"Well," I said. "Tell me about what she was holding."
She sighed, "A glass bottle. Broken on the bottom. Blood on it. Obviously the murder weapon."
I shook my head. "OBJECTION! IT COULD BE ANYTHING! I'M SURE ON A SHIP THERE ARE MORE SHARP THINGS! IN FACT, HE COULD'VE BEEN HIT ON THE HEAD WITH SOMETHING ELSE ALL TOGETHER."

She smiled. I did not like that smile.
"Chica," she laughed. "There were no bumps on the victim's head. Besides, did you have any weapon in mind?"
"Grr," I growled.
"Didn't think so," she cackled. "Anyway, there was nobody else there. No knives or anything. The spiky haired guy wasn't holding the murder weapon."
I replied, "I see. Well, was there anything else found on the ship?"
She laughed, "No, honey. Sorry."
I didn't know what else to say. I could only take this bluff so far.... Then, everyone's savior came along.

"OBJECTION!" he cried.
It was Mr. Edgeworth! In his hand, he was holding the blood stained wallet I found.
Oh, I love you, I thought to myself, happily.
"Your Honor!" he yelled. "This wallet was found in the ship's basement. Next to the victim. It also has the victim's fingerprints. I am not lying to you."
The witness scowled, "Then you stole it."
Mr. Edgeworth ignored her and gave the wallet to the Judge. The Judge looked at the contents of it.
"Hmm," he mumbled to himself. "Aha. Mr. Wright, Cammy Melee and Von Karma..... Ahh! Mr. Wright and Von Karma?!"

Mr. Edgeworth said, "Mr. Wright's ID card was originally in his wallet. I don't think he would've taken it out during the party unless he was planning to pay for something, but everything on the ship is free. He'd have no need for that. It must've been planted. As for Cammy Meele, his fingerprints are also on the wallet and pictures of his children and him. It must be his wallet. As for Mr. K-K-Karma. Well. I think Mr. Melee was planning his death all along."
The prosecution cried, "OBJECTION! THAT'S CRAZY! YOU HAVE NO PROOF!"
That's when I realised who the prosecutor was.
"Ahh!" I screamed. "YOU HIT ME ON THE HEAD WITH A BASEBALL BAT BEFORE! YOU WERE TRYING TO KILL ME!"
The prosecutor retaliated, "NO! N-no, I, uh..."
Then he fainted.

Mr. Edgeworth said, "Clearly, Mr. Payne had something to do with this. Perhaps hired to silence Kay. Hired by Mr. Melee."
The Judge agreed, "I agree. The court finds the defendant, Maya Fey, NOT GUILTY!"
Maya said, "What? That seemed almost too easy."
I ran out of the courtroom in case the Judge wanted a celebratory hug....

Outside of court, Maya and Mr. Wright hugged me.
"Thank you!" they cried.
Maya got out Mr. Wright's wallet and gave me $100.
"Oh," I said. "Thanks, but, I really don't need that."
Mr. Wright replied, "Good! 'Cause I do!"
Then he took it out of my hand....

Mr. Edgeworth came up and stared at me, blushing. I had never seen him blush before. All of a sudden, he leaned in closer to me and..............kissed me.
In between the kiss he congratulated me, "Good job, Kay. You really are my partner, aren't you?"
He's so hot.